LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: May 12, 2012, 11:42 pm 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Lonnie!
Hey, good to hear from you! That dashboard shot was no-where near completion, we were just figuring out where to put the tach and where to cut the hole for the steering column. I gots an oil pressure gauge, a water temp gauge and possibly an oil temp gauge that are going to go in there at some point in the near future! Like before I drive it... :mrgreen:

Although, now that you mention it... A fellow I know that autocrosses a Honda in one of the Prepared classes has this one huge red light mounted in the center of his dash. It's connected to all of the "idiot light" sensors on the engine. The idea is, if the light goes on, hit the kill switch on the motor, somethin' is bad wrong! :shock: He has gauges too, but the actual "first alert" system is the big light.

I'm sort of aware of the various ways to upgrade the standard tune and various other electronic settings on the PCM, but I haven't studied it at all. We're going to leave everything totally stock including the electronic gadgets until we get the chassis sorted out and re-train the [Intellectually Defecient] behind the wheel. I do appreciate the info, and I'll be looking into that kind of modification sometime not too far off, I imagine.

Either that or I'll just hook up a couple of big ol' turbos... Heehee... :shock:

You're doing great on your build, too, Bro... How's that hand doing? I hope you can get back to welding and fitting and such really soon!

:cheers:
Regards-
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 2:06 am 
The voice of reason

Quote:
It is just a specialized Intel computer inside

[red haze]No, it's not an intel...[/red haze]

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 7:44 am 
We are Slotus!

horizenjob wrote:
Quote:
It is just a specialized Intel computer inside

[red haze]No, it's not an intel...[/red haze]

Yo, Marcus!
What's with the "red haze" thing??? Ohhh... Wait... It's all clear to me now...

You're a Jedi!!!
Attachment:
kenobi1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 9:45 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
You're doing great on your build, too, Bro... How's that hand doing? I hope you can get back to welding and fitting and such really soon!

One more week off then I can abuse myself (figuratively speaking) again. Thank you for asking.

And, Happy Mother's day to TWWTFM.

Talk at you soon,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 6:18 pm 

Remember Marcus is a Mac guy, not a pc guy... Intel is the devil...

:cheers:

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 6:52 pm 

under my Jeddi cloak, i wear a pair of red speedo's and flippers but because i am a Jeddi you can't see them even with the cloak off!

i just look like an adverage joe in jeans and a tee shirt to you but i know different.

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 6:57 pm 

a note about the black and white stripes on the R.J's finest, they were added after D day ...- ...-
so the army wouldn't shoot them down.

if you pick this type of color scheme, this could be your finest hour, and you could be the last of the few.

never in the field of locost construction, has so much been owed by so many newbys to so few old farts

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 7:23 pm 
We are Slotus!

john hennessy wrote:
a note about the black and white stripes on the R.J's finest, they were added after D day ...- ...-

if you pick this type of color scheme, this could be your finest hour, and you could be the last of the few.

never in the field of locost construction, has so much been owed by so many newbys to so few old farts

Hi John!
Well put, Sir... I'm sure Sir Winston would approve.

I've read that Spitfire pilots would roll the aircraft when approaching a group of American bombers, showing the elliptical wing shapes, to help the "Yanks" indentify them. Apparently the Spitfire looked a lot like the ME-109 on short notice. I didn't know about the black and white stripes, interesting info.

I also just realized that I never answered Erioshi's post about the camo-RAF paint scheme... I did show it to TWWTFM, in her official capacity as Team Slotus Design Consultant. She said, looking at the Triumph Spitfire, that it was "cute" but as far as the Slotus... "No"... Oh well... Sorry, Erioshi, nice try... :mrgreen:

Thanks for coming by John, and calling me an old fart... Same to ya! :rofl:
Come on back any time!

JDK

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 7:26 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
under my Jeddi cloak, i wear a pair of red speedo's and flippers but because i am a Jeddi you can't see them even with the cloak off!

John, have you been sneaking shots of Cuervo again, and not sharing with the rest of us?!?!?!
Bad Jedi, Bad!!! Go to your garage... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 8:20 pm 

john hennessy wrote:

Wasn't it Sir Slotus Churchill that said that ? :wink:

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 9:44 pm 

no he said " we'll drive them on the beaches and in the streets and at the trackdays and we will never surrender to the temptation of completing the car and people will say this was our finest lap time! ...- ...-

PostPosted: May 13, 2012, 10:22 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
Wasn't it Sir Slotus Churchill that said that ?

Yup, sure was... He is seen here returning home from Team Slotus UK headquarters shortly after making that speech on BBC2...
Attachment:
sir-winston.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 14, 2012, 12:23 am 

He's ordering 2 beers for the boys

PostPosted: May 14, 2012, 8:32 pm 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Team Slotus Fans!
Remember on Saturday when I said
Quote:
So, that's the news from Team Slotus! Well, most of it, anyway. I'll get back to you with the rest as soon as the Team Slotus video recording expert wakes up from her nap.

Well, it took us two days and a bunch of help from TWWTFM's daughter, but we gots video proof that...

QUINN LIVES!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPogm9iyzdI&feature=relmfu
And
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIiNnuWrHf4&feature=relmfu

Yeah, timings off, and it's waaaa-aaay too rich. Seems there was a MAP sensor not installed in the manifold that kept it from running correctly, but, DAMMIT, it ran! IT LIVES!!! Just hide and watch y'all, it won't be long now until we do something really stupid! Team Slotus-- Better'n WWE, and not as many steroids...

Harpoons Up!
JDK

PostPosted: May 14, 2012, 9:20 pm 

Woohoo! Congratulations! I'm only about 4 years behind you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 316  Next