LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 4:45 pm 

OK. But try it again with the WIFI of your phone turned OFF. This will force the phone to use phone "data" and not go thru your (or HamDip's) ISP.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 4:50 pm 
We are Slotus!

OK, this is "WiFi Off" on the phone.
I had to log in again... That normal?
And now I'm posting... I hope....

*Cue weird music"

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 4:51 pm 
We are Slotus!

And if you see this one, it worked twice!

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 4:53 pm 

Your working JD

Scrap Metal Build Log viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14558

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 4:57 pm 
We are Slotus!

wrightcomputing wrote:
Your working JD
Hi Paul!
Well, so far so good... I'm mostly just trying to p*ss off the 403 Monster so Chuck can kill it...

:cheers:
JD

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 8:58 pm 

So either you are kicked off again, or your resting after all of those posts. I'm hoping it is the latter.

Which is it :?: Inquiring minds want to know :!:

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 9:40 pm 
We are Slotus!

On cell "data" and logged right back in... Weird!

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 10:30 pm 

Next trick is to take your laptop (or phone) to the local Starbuck's. Buy a drink and get their free wifi. Log into their wifi and try posting. And try again and try again, over the course of an hour. I'll bet you have no problem using their wifi.

Sorry for cross posting here and on Facebook. I never know where (or even if) you will pop up. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 10:32 pm 
Toyotaphobe

JD maybe you need to find Jesus.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: August 30, 2017, 11:49 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
to the local Starbuck's. Buy a drink and get their free wifi.

You mean that you're not supposed to just park beside their building and use the wifi? Is that frowned on? Who knew? :shock:

PostPosted: August 31, 2017, 9:55 am 

BHRmotorsport wrote:
rx7locost wrote:
to the local Starbuck's. Buy a drink and get their free wifi.

You mean that you're not supposed to just park beside their building and use the wifi? Is that frowned on? Who knew? :shock:

The one by me puts the wifi code on the cup.

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: September 4, 2017, 8:01 am 
We are Slotus!

And it's a Monday holiday, I've been allowed to log back in to LocostUSA and life is good.

I've been off doing other stuff and haven't gotten a lot done on the Slotus, but that may change today. I have figured out that the timing marks on my Summit Racing harmonic balancer don't jive with TDC of #1 cylinder. I'm not sure if that's a function of the rebuild with a stroker kit (and crank) that I did, or if I bought the wrong balancer or if it's just one o' dem Slotus thangs that don't make no sense. (I like that last one, personally...)

In other news... Well, let me flash back in time a bit. Do y'all remember "Frame Lizard"? The little booger ran into a frame rail just as we were about to weld a cap on it. Earl and I banged on the frame with wrenches up ahead of where he was, hoping to run him back out, but nope, little bashtard wouldn't leave. Finally, at the end of the day, we welded the cap on and sealed him in there for all eternity.

And then there was "Trailer Frog". One weekend when I opened up the tailgate to load the car, there were the thoroughly dried up remains of one of those little green frogs that hang onto windows and trees and such and croak like a bull frog. About all that was left was some dry, blackened skin and a little froggy skeleton. I put him in the corner by the wheel well and he rode around with me for months. Finally disappeared, don't know if the wind blew him out of the trailer or he crumbled to dust.

The most recent episode in Team Slotus/Animal Planet: I had the doors open to air out that giant Easy-Bake Oven I call a shop. Went walking across the back yard into the open doorway and thought I saw a lizard's tail near the right front wheel of the car. Stepping closer, I saw this tail start to slither away around the front of the car. It was a black snake, maybe 2 ft long. I gave chase, couldn't catch him, couldn't find him, looked in and under everything nearby. Soooo... Now we have "Shop Snake". Maybe he'll eat some of those damned spiders.

That has given rise to a new starting procedure for the Slotus. You stand outside the car and use a piece of wood to bang on the seat back and sides of the footbox before getting in. Just to make certain you're not the SECOND animal getting in the car that day...

That's the news from this end. What y'all up to?

Peace, Love and "Team Slotus Reptile World"-
JD Kemp

PostPosted: September 4, 2017, 9:26 am 
Always Moore!

I'd draw the line at snakes - its officially time for a new shop!

PostPosted: September 4, 2017, 12:46 pm 

Glad you're back online, JD.

Myself, I just woke up to an e-mail that sez I have 20 Summit Bucks to spend at Summit Racing, and if I don't spend 'em right away, they'll be gone next week. I don't even know what Summit Bucks are, which is probably why I have some left. :roll:

So, now I got to figure out something I really need that doesn't cost too much more than $20. I think I better read up on Summit Bucks, though. I hate it when these things turn out to be a gotcha!

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: September 8, 2017, 9:41 pm 
We are Slotus!

Welcome to Hurricane Central!

Actually, the hurricane is about 700 and change miles from here, visiting Cuba. We had a nice sunny day. I spent a big part of it gathering up "stuff" that could go flying, given the proper encouragement (like, for example, a 110 mph wind...). I put all that stuff in the shop, between the Slotus and the door. (In case the door gets bashed in...)

Actually, the storm plots show the it passing by about 100 miles or so from us on Monday, and being pretty weak by the time it gets up this far north. I'm hoping it peters out all together and becomes a light drizzle... That's probably too much to hope for, but I'm hopin' any-hoo. If it'll just leave my roof alone, that'll do.

HamDip and Earl are likewise battened down at their house in town. Last I heard there were gonna be 4 dogs, a cat, 5 women, 2 babies and Earl there for the duration. He may be the first Amercan casualty of the storm. :twisted:

I want to thank some folks, Lonnie for the email, Marcus called me last night and Perry and I had a long chat via FaceBook. I really appreciate the concern. We're just one big (dysfunctional) family here at Team Slotus. Thank you guys for caring, really... It's very cool.

Other'n that, we're here, plan to stay here. Or maybe go out for some barbecue... In Chattanooga!

Peace, Love and Dry Rubbed Ribs-
JDK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235 ... 316  Next