LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: July 19, 2014, 3:02 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
cheapracer wrote:
Is there a flea problem?

that does NOT imply we got's fleas

Not you JD, I was asking the dog.

Bahahahaha .......

PostPosted: July 19, 2014, 3:08 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
And the rest of y'all... Krepus... SmallWheels... Robbovious... Carguy... Lonnie... SeattleTom... Don't make me send Bubba to fetch you!!!! :mrgreen:
Maybe Bubba could lend a hand with my build whilst here. I'm sure that would speed up my getting' it on the road...

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: July 20, 2014, 12:23 am 
We are Slotus!

cheapracer wrote:
Not you JD, I was asking the dog.

Bahahahaha .......

We don't gots no dog...
And we live in Florida. The mosquitoes here ate all the fleas centuries ago.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: July 20, 2014, 12:44 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:

And we live in Florida. The mosquitoes here ate all the fleas centuries ago.

In Australia our mossies are so big they ate all the dogs!

PostPosted: July 20, 2014, 8:48 am 
We are Slotus!

cheapracer wrote:
In Australia our mossies are so big they ate all the dogs!

I'm starting to think that Australia must be an outlying province of Texas.
I never thought anybody would be able to out-lie Texas! :rofl:
:cheers:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: July 20, 2014, 8:51 am 
We are Slotus!

seattletom wrote:
GonzoRacer wrote:
And the rest of y'all... Krepus... SmallWheels... Robbovious... Carguy... Lonnie... SeattleTom... Don't make me send Bubba to fetch you!!!! :mrgreen:
Maybe Bubba could lend a hand with my build whilst here. I'm sure that would speed up my getting' it on the road...

Tom, I doubt you'd be able to get any work out of Bubba. You know how he is with shiny things... In your shop, he'd probably just stare and drool and somebody would have to lead him over to a corner and mop up behind him. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 5, 2014, 9:45 pm 
We are Slotus!

Fiberglass Madness, Round 3... Or 4... Or 5... Or????

Lemme see here, we wuz building a car or something, right? Seems like I had installed some fat rubbers on the rear, to better support my own fat rear in the driver's seat. OK, picking up from there...

After last autocross, which the new engine carried off without a hitch, I had a couple of little :?: projects for the Slotus. One was to change the oil, now that we ran it good and hard for an afternoon. And then I figured, while I'm at it...

When we first noticed the low oil pressure problem, one theory was there was a blockage somewhere along the way that was limiting the flow of oil. So, step one was that I removed the remote oil filter and the oil cooler. As y'all know, that didn't fix it. :roll: When we put the engine back together last month, I just put the oil filter on the block normal-like.

But as of this evening, not only does the engine have a fresh serving of Castrol synthetic-blend oil and a new Fram filter, but it's got the remote filter mount and all that braided hose feeding the oil cooler out in the nose. Note to Kiwi Dave: The Blue-Headed Chickens are back! Crunked it up, no leaks and 55 lbs oil pressure. I let it run until the oil filter got too warm to lay my hands on, still no leaks (Hey, I used to own an MG, so no leaks is a BIG DEAL!!!). At a hot idle it was still right at 50 lbs oil pressure. I'm happy...

Soooooo... I started looking at those wide rear tires/wheels that won't fit under my fenders. I've been running the Slotus nekkid lately. Some folks even like the open wheel look, but to me it just isn't "right" without the body. It started out to be a "Mallock Tribute" and it needs that Mallock Clubman bodywork to look like it did in my dreams... In my dreams it had Lauren Bacall draped across it too, but ya can't have everything. :mrgreen:

I set one of the fenders on the partly completed rear deck and started figgerin. I can move the fender outward a good bit, because the new deck piece is wider. Needs the inside edge re-shaped to fit the new center and needs to have the front end of the fender, the "sidepod" part, widened about 4 inches at the rear and taper down to the original 12 inch wide at the mid-section where the two parts join. (Damn, that sounds complicated. I gotta take some pictures of this stuff! Y'all know if I'm doin' it, then it just can't be too complicated! :mrgreen: )

I did some cutting and trimming on the fender, started piecing things together. I almost know what I want to do with it. Almost. :roll: I'll get back out there tomorrow, do some more figgerin and maybe some cutting and take a few pictures so y'all can see what you're missing!

Peace, Love and Fiberglass Dust-
JDK

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 1:05 am 
The voice of reason

I used to use Fram filters, but it turns out they are not so great. Lot's of pictures of these things in some thread on Speedtalk. Like 20 brands disassembled and measured. Motorcraft makes a good one, even a special one from Ford racing. Sorry I forget the thread or even the best brands. I'll try to look more soon for it.

So next time you change go for Motorcraft.

Glad your car is doing well, I think Hamdip is likely to become a real threat now! :)

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 1:24 am 

Ok when you start talking nekkid at our age (and physique) I take back the open wheel look. Just as our tools (family jewels) need a shed roof (belly) so do your fat rubbers need to be covered.
I'm going to stop now before I get kicked off this forum......

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 6:32 am 
We are Slotus!

horchoha wrote:
Ok when you start talking nekkid at our age (and physique) I take back the open wheel look. Just as our tools (family jewels) need a shed roof (belly) so do your fat rubbers need to be covered.
I'm going to stop now before I get kicked off this forum......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOgd9hitEAE
I think this one pretty well sums up what you're tryin' to say...

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 11:39 am 
We are Slotus!

Hi Marcus!
I think I heard somebody else say that Fram wasn't as good as it used to be (or never was). Don't remember where I heard that, at the moment. Since James works at a Ford dealer and I gots a "Five-Oh" engine, a Motorcraft filter would kinda be a natural, wouldn't it? Thanks for the info, Sir!

Whadda ya mean "HamDip is likely to become a real threat now"???? She's BEEN a real threat all along!!! Dat Little Booger stole some of my best hats and at least one pair of my jammie pants, right outta my house, literally under my nose!

Actually, HamDip (or "Danielle" as her Mama likes to call her) has really taken to autocross in general and has done remarkably well in the Slotus. Talk about tossing somebody in the deep end!!! After maybe six autocrosses in various cars, she starting driving the Slotus and has been within a few seconds of my best time since about her third try at it. It's them young, quick reflexes... And lots of coaching from James and Moi, of course! I think I can make the argument that she also inherited some driving talent from my side of the family. (As long as somebody doesn't go and throw actual genetics into the argument!)

So, when are you coming to visit and try your hand at driving a Slotus???? Think you can outrun the HamDip??? (Or that old fat white boy that also drives it? :twisted: ) We gots an autocross on Aug 17, then Sept 28, Oct 26, November 16 and the Nearly Famous Allies -vs- Axis on December 7... You ain't gettin' any younger and I ain't gettin' any better lookin... Might as well come see us!

Peace, Love and Flung Gauntlets-
JDK

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 1:30 pm 

Mr JD;

I think a Motorcraft filter, as supplied from the famous automobile manufacturer known as Ford, will be just fine, I hear they are efficient at trapping fine particles that are contained in the atmosphere and preventing them from entering your internal combustion engine which could cause microscopic scratching of your cylinder bores and piston rings creating accelerated engine wear.

It is neat for your to be able to share the good news that Danielle is driving well and taken to the motorsport category known as Autocross. Thanks of course must be credited in part to James and yourself for the honorable coaching services you have offered. This is most generous of you and what a better world it would be if more people participated in similar generous and selfless action. It is quite possible that some form of genetics has been handed down from you associated with the skill set required to drive an automobile in a competitive manner, also a credit to you.

Although I am sure you enjoy the close competition associated with Danielle being able to compete within mere seconds of your, I suspect, overall competitive times, I am sure the competitive spirit within you hopes to hold an advantage over this competitive threat, this need to be better is of course human nature.

I wish you all the best with you continued pursuits in this arena and if I may be of assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Cheapracer Esquire.

PS; Please note the new forum me devoid of low class goat humour.

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 1:48 pm 
We are Slotus!

cheapracer wrote:
Mr JD;

I think a Motorcraft filter, as supplied from the famous automobile manufacturer known as Ford, will be just fine, I hear they are efficient at trapping fine particles that are contained in the atmosphere
[Blah, blah, blah]
Although I am sure you enjoy the close competition associated with Danielle being able to compete within mere seconds of your, I suspect, overall competitive times, [Blah, blah, blah]
I wish you all the best with you continued pursuits in this arena and if I may be of assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
Cheapracer Esquire.

All right, Stranger, just who the hell are you, and what have you done to Cheapracer? Whoever you are, GIT OUTTA MY BUILD LOG and GIVE US BACK OUR CHEAPRACER! Don't make me unleash Bubba... Give us back our Cheapracer... NOW, DAMMIT!

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 1:49 pm 
Toyotaphobe

cheapracer wrote:

I so appreciate you taking the criticism like an adult and I'm sure this forum will be a better place if I too can adopt your attitude - - - - - - - - - - NOT!!

Did ya hear the one about the goat who walked into a bar?

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 1:57 pm 
We are Slotus!

carguy123 wrote:
I so appreciate you taking the criticism like an adult and I'm sure this forum will be a better place if I too can adopt your attitude - - - - - - - - - - NOT!!

Did ya hear the one about the goat who walked into a bar?

Well, thank Goodness for you, Carguy. At least there are SOME constants in the universe. A guiding light... Guiding us straight into the gutter, but guiding none-the-less. Blessings upon you. May your flock of goats ever increase and never report you to the ASPCA.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160 ... 316  Next