LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently December 17, 2017, 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: October 26, 2017, 12:41 am 

C10CoryM wrote:
It has a hardpoint when coming off idle (jumps from 0-20% at times) which makes it impossible to get the finesse required to autoX well.

Does this only happen when you're coming off of a completely closed throttle? It could be the plate binding on the inside of the housing. I've had this happen in a couple of swapped cars. The easiest solution is to adjust the throttle stop so that the plate is baaaaarely open. This way there's almost no increase in airflow, but the throttle return spring isn't able to squeeze the plate against the throttle bore and bind it up.

PostPosted: October 26, 2017, 10:08 pm 

Yeah, I think it's only off a closed throttle. The TB is unmodified and is spotless. I suppose it could be a slightly bent throttle shaft that only shows up when the TB gets slammed shut under load. It seems to go away when I push differently on the pedal though so I'll start with a pedal remake. If that doesn't fix it, I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

PostPosted: October 29, 2017, 11:20 am 

Good video(s). It sure looked like fun. I was a little dizzy at the end, however [SMILE].

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: October 29, 2017, 12:24 pm 

Lonnie-S wrote:
Good video(s). It sure looked like fun. I was a little dizzy at the end, however [SMILE].

Cheers,

Definitely fun. Getting used to lots of new things with this car; including regularly spinning.

Lonnie, I happened to notice your throttle pedal design: You may want to reconsider the pivot location unless you are planning on pushing downwards on it. I am 90% sure my issue is from having my pivot too far forward on the car. Instead of rotating on the pivot I am trying to crush the pedal into it causing hard resistance until it rotates a little. Yours seems even worse in that regard. I never put any real thought into throttle pedal other than I wanted a decent amount of travel. I guess it really is just a spring/linkage where you want even or increasing rate for good control. I currently have anti-dive or similar built into my pedal :lol:

Cheers.

PostPosted: October 30, 2017, 12:34 pm 

I'll take a look at that issue, Cory. Pretty soon, I'll have the chassis back up on the build table and I'll be able to actually sit in it. That will be an excellent time to evaluate things - when my body and legs are in the intended driving position. I've left the actual accelerator pedal plate mechanism off my design pending that final fitting. My reasoning was that I can make some geometry correction there if minor adjustments are all that's required.

If that fails, then the whole thing unbolts from the chassis, so I can fashion a new design, if necessary. Thanks for taking a look at it. I appreciate the input.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6