LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: February 17, 2015, 6:57 pm 

My parents spend a part of the year not far from Jack, so I was going to see if it would save me enough on shipping to have them bring the bodywork up in a U-Haul trailer...But I think I like your idea even better, Marcus! :cheers:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: February 17, 2015, 7:01 pm 
Toyotaphobe

I like the "peel a girl off" part the best. I do get to keep her if I peel her off don't I?

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: February 17, 2015, 8:49 pm 

don't Jacks bodies come with one free scantily clad supermodel as part of the deal

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: February 17, 2015, 9:21 pm 
The voice of reason

Quote:
I do get to keep her if I peel her off don't I?

You could try, but as Jack starts driving they just head down the road after him. It seems glamorous to us, but I think that's why he travels so much. Basically just to keep them from piling up.

Justin keep us posted when you ready to start looking for bodywork...

PostPosted: February 17, 2015, 9:27 pm 

john hennessy wrote:
don't Jacks bodies come with one free scantily clad supermodel as part of the deal
I certainly hope not! That's like getting a "free" Ferrari...As great as it might sound in theory, I still can't afford it. :BH:

PostPosted: February 19, 2015, 1:38 am 

Driven5 wrote:
My parents spend a part of the year not far from Jack, so I was going to see if it would save me enough on shipping to have them bring the bodywork up in a U-Haul trailer...
That is not a bad idea. The packaging and shipping is a big bite out of all the bodywork bits, not just the Lalo kit ("dimensional weight" is the killer; for example, UPS bills a TTL nose box like it weighs 70 pounds).
john hennessy wrote:
Not this time of year, they don't--at least not in Oregon. Whether super- or standard-, all models come clad in goosebumps and raindrops for eight months of the year out here.
Driven5 wrote:
That's like getting a "free" Ferrari...As great as it might sound in theory, I still can't afford it. :BH:
I'll admit I have an unconventional approach to both. If I got a free Ferrari, I'd be thinking "donor car", and my experience with top models*, though limited, has always been positive. Seriously, I think models get a bad rap, and being beautiful enough to make a living being beautiful doesn't reduce one's other features, skills, and character.

*I know I'm dating myself, but they weren't called supermodels back then.

PostPosted: February 19, 2015, 2:04 am 

That's true, Jack...Just look at how it's working out for Tom Brady. The guy now has 4 Super Bowl ring, a ~$15M (undervalued) per year salary that gets doubled with endorsements, and only doesn't make more because he decided to take a pay cut benefiting the team salary cap...Due in large part to his model wife actually being the primary bread winner, pulling in ~$45M per year.

PostPosted: February 19, 2015, 4:49 am 
Toyotaphobe

JackMcCornack wrote:

*I know I'm dating myself, but they weren't called supermodels back then

I'm sorry, but then again dating yourself is much cheaper than dating a supermodel or anyone else for that matter. And there's the added plus of you never have to worry about what your date likes to do or go so it's much simpler that way.

Unfortunately there's also no good night kiss.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: February 20, 2015, 1:43 am 

Ooh, carguy123, I know I'm going to use that "dating myself" joke in the future.
Driven5 wrote:
That's true, Jack...Just look at how it's working out for Tom Brady...his model wife actually being the primary bread winner, pulling in ~$45M per year.
Models in Ye Olde Days didn't make ~$45M per year, but the model I'm currently dating (it's her birthday tomorrow and we're celebrating it together, woohoo) made as much in a week as I did in a year back then. Admittedly, she is long retired--we had to file for a burn permit 60 days in advance of the event so we could light all her birthday candles at once--but even in her peak earning years she was sane, kind, and easy to deal with. I guess her b'day coming up is what got me thinking about it, but the idea that well paid well known professional models are high maintenance...my sample is small, but I think it's an urban legend.

On the other hand, this one doesn't like long trips in my Locost, so it's not like she's perfect.

PostPosted: March 25, 2015, 6:47 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Quote:
This is more a "Proof of Life" post rather than a meaningful, photo-illustrated, build log update.

Yo Lonnie-
Good to hear from you... We'd rather have a meaningful, photo-illustrated, build log update, but ya take what you can get. Now, if you decide to post a meaningful, photo-illustrated, build log update with smoked sausage, grits and iced tea served by a scantily clad young maiden, THAT would be perfect!
:cheers:
JDK
Not having been previously aware of this particular piece of build log etiquette, I realized that I too needed to post a meaningful, photo-illustrated, build log updated to prove that I'm still alive*.

Attachment:
2015-03-25 Maiden 01 Sized.jpg

Attachment:
2015-03-25 Maiden 02 Sized.jpg

Attachment:
2015-03-25 Maiden 03 Sized.jpg

*Not for a lack of trying on the part of the Plague, which has continued to ravage our household.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: March 25, 2015, 10:34 pm 

Hey, and you got a sausage in there too, Justin. Good doing! JD will be proud of you.

Sorry about the illness factor, though. It is just miserable when it goes on too long in the same household and cycles through all the people in it. I assume that's what's happening in your case. I hope all of you get better soon.

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: March 26, 2015, 7:15 am 
We are Slotus!

Well done, Justin!!! You just won the internet...

Great pictures! Your little girl is just darlin' AND she does a very good "Vanna White" in pointing out the items she's "showcasing"!!!

I laughed till I cried. TWWTFM liked it too. Good on ya!

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 10, 2015, 8:20 pm 

It's a bit belated, but thanks JD...Although I did have to make some minor substitutions on your list.

And as much as I'd like to credit my direction for getting a 10 month old to do that, she just so happened to highlight each of the items completely of her own accord, in the three best pictures. It's almost like she knew exactly what we were doing, and why. Since she obviously didn't get that level of intelligence from me, hopefully it's just SWEETA's smarts kicking in...And that I am still her father. :shock:

Last edited by Driven5 on May 10, 2015, 8:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: May 10, 2015, 8:22 pm 

My new lawn ornaments.

Attachment:
2015-04-17 Lawn Art 01 Sized.jpg

Attachment:
2015-04-17 Lawn Art 02 Sized.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Driven5 on May 11, 2015, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 10, 2015, 9:22 pm 

Driven5 wrote:
My new lawn art.
Justin, you've got to have the faster planter in the NW, what with all that new aero bodywork. :thmbsup:

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next