LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My Gazelle build
PostPosted: June 17, 2016, 11:13 am 

davew wrote:
Nice! Much improved :cheers: :cheers:
Dave W

Funkatollah wrote:
Looking much better! Now it's just practice. Lots and lots of practice. Like a car's worth of practice.

Thanks guys! I was feeling a LOT better after this one. Sadly, I lost most of my gas from the bottle on my last go around because of a loose connection. Im not exactly sure what Matt did on the adjustments, but he said it was still adjusted for sheetmetal, not thick ass metal like what I was trying to weld. I also kept it indoors this time, so overall we fixed some things with the welder and fixed some things with the operator :lol:

Im going to try and get out to the garage again today so I can start working on some pie cuts to taper the frame rails inward. I have a little more free time now, but there will be a nice gap while I go get hitched and honeymoon. So for now, Im trying to get a few more things done before that happens. It would be nice to be "done" with these big frame rail pieces so I can move on to the 1" tubing as thats when it should get really interesting.

edit: this project is now dead. everything is gone except for my frame rails. I plan to build something else soon, not anytime soon

-1988 BMW 325i -the daily
-1968 Datsun Fairlady Roadster - the weekend canyon car