LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently June 17, 2019, 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: March 13, 2019, 12:18 pm 

RichardSIA wrote:
Beware of changes in zoning, SMOG cert laws, HMO's, etc.

Maybe it's your chance to escape Kali. Taxes-Regulations altogether? :idea:

Funny you bring these things up...

We're native Californians, and I wonder if on some level you just get used to the red tape/way things are.. I resolved years ago to limit my toys to pre 1976 so as to totally avoid the hornets nest that is CA smog rules.. As for HOAs, I made a fist on this one with my wife and she agreed.. they need to be avoided at all costs- I live in the garage among the grinders and air compressor noise; the last thing I need is the neighborhood nannies giving me grief (to be fair to me, I don't run the stuff early or late, but some HOAs won't even let you keep your garage open)- :shock: wtf?!

I also made a fist on the lot we're buying.. make no mistake, it's small by any standard, but it's the biggest one in the development (end lot).. I need a place to stash my projects-in-waiting :lol:

So we're going even deeper into California.. the house is near Santa Maria, and is about 10 minutes from the beach, which is a lifelong dream for my wife.. and I'm happy as long as I'm with her, wherever that may be.. plus, we haven't moved in almost 2 decades.. this will light a little fire under us to purge and change things up a bit.. could be 'big picture' good.. we'll see :cheers:

--ccrunner

My '63 Volvo 1800 with a turbo inline 4 build log (LNF Ecotec compliments a Svelte Swede)
http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309

My '59 Berkeley SE492 build log (bike engine in a microcar)... "A Berkeley With Bite!"

PostPosted: March 13, 2019, 7:46 pm 

Santa Maria eh, you may want to find Mike Rogers.
He's got a LOT of old Brit and Vintage Racers.
One of the lucky guys who got to buy back when it was all cheap, and still has it. :shock:
I may have an email address for him.

PostPosted: March 16, 2019, 11:17 am 

Sometimes change is a very good thing. You may find it's just the thing needed to reinvigorate your life. The central coast is still relatively unspoiled. Enjoy Santa Maria.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 3, 2019, 11:17 am 

May 2019

So the move is grinding forward.. I've turned into a pretty big jerk about all of this moving business.. I forgot how stressful the process is, and how much $$ you bleed as it goes on.. The other day a nice lady from one of the Escrow companies called to set up an appointment and I said, "I'll give you whatever you want, just don't ask me for money- EVERY time my phone rings someone is asking me for money :evil: " I've been on-edge and rude and I hate it.. I so want this process to be over.. I'll shut up now; about 6 weeks from now we'll be in the new place.. we're blessed to be making this move at all really.. I just need an attitude adjustment.. I don't like me when I get stressed like this..

Too many things at once is what's happening really.. Over on the 1800 build I'm trying to strip and prep the Volvo for a full paint job.. I was going to have it spot-painted for the door/fender damage, but decided to make some other minor mods while it's going to paint, and it just makes sense to shoot the whole thing.. I need about 2 more weekends on it, then I send it over to the body shop..

Way, way at the bottom of the priority list is my poor little Berkeley.. Part of my lousy attitude is that I haven't gotten to work on this thing in months, and I really do miss the puzzle/build aspect of a project.. While it's not really an update, I did in fact have machinist Sean turn out these tie-rod end adapters in the pic.. these will allow me to use a modded/narrowed Miata rack and have a 3/4" hiem joint (HUGE!) out on the end.. had him turn 2-pairs, enough for both Berks I'll end up building..

I'm hopeful the dust will settle from the move/Volvo paint to allow me some time on the Berk later this summer.. The goal is to get back to this one by late June.. we'll see :P

--ccrunner

Attachments:
tie rod berk.jpg
tie rod berk.jpg [ 55.21 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]

My '63 Volvo 1800 with a turbo inline 4 build log (LNF Ecotec compliments a Svelte Swede)
http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309

My '59 Berkeley SE492 build log (bike engine in a microcar)... "A Berkeley With Bite!"
PostPosted: May 6, 2019, 1:02 am 

ccrunner wrote:
EVERY time my phone rings someone is asking me for money

Just now figuring that out, are you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13