LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Locost mini pontoon boat
PostPosted: August 14, 2018, 3:38 pm 

Years ago I was given a couple of windsurfer boards. This summer I decided to use them to make a mini pontoon boat. The results have been great. It's extremely stable, supports 2, is great for fishing, running around and for getting to my moored bow rider ski boat. I should have made it a long time ago.

PostPosted: August 15, 2018, 7:40 am 

Location: That point where the humidity and the temperature combine forces to destroy all that is good
Pretty neat

PostPosted: August 15, 2018, 10:35 am 

brialliant. im always looking for some lightweight idea to get out on my creek

PostPosted: August 15, 2018, 2:59 pm 

Very cool! Now...how to fit a 350 ci SBC motor in there.... :lol:

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: August 16, 2018, 10:18 am 

Location: That point where the humidity and the temperature combine forces to destroy all that is good
Oh no.... I remember seeing an ex-Navy whaleboat in a salvage yard about thirty years ago, that had not only a Chevy small block, but a TH350 transmission as well! The whole thing looked like it was pulled complete from a car and eyeballed into an angle iron frame in the middle of the boat, with the driveshaft running down and back through the boat's original shaftway. I think either a DNR officer or an actual Coast Guard inspector had seized the wreck before it went into the water anywhere. I'm relatively sure it would have 1. Capsized, 2. Caught fire and burned to the waterline, or 3. BOTH. It didn't have ANY marine equipment on the engine, no cooling jackets on the manifolds, just a big radiator bolted up to the angle iron frame holding the engine. I WISH I had a camera with me that day.

PostPosted: August 16, 2018, 11:21 am 
The voice of reason

Quote:
Very cool! Now...how to fit a 350 ci SBC motor in there.... :lol:

I think that would work pretty well. The way to handle this is to bolt a water ski to the V8's oil pan and sit lit iow in the frame. The big advantage of a motor with torque is that now you can start your trip from the beach with your prop buried in the sand. Remember to put a big grin on your face before you hit the start button. After might be too late...

Gonzo should be able to test this for you. :rofl:

PostPosted: August 16, 2018, 4:26 pm 

And don't forget to speak the most important phrase as you light off the starter..."Here, hold my beer. I'm gonna try something!" :cheers: :shock: :lol:

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: August 17, 2018, 6:35 am 
We are Slotus!

Raccoonman wrote:
ex-Navy whaleboat in a salvage yard that had not only a Chevy small block, but a TH350 transmission as well! The whole thing looked like it was pulled complete from a car and eyeballed into an angle iron frame in the middle of the boat, with the driveshaft running down and back through the boat's original shaftway. ... I'm relatively sure it would have 1. Capsized, 2. Caught fire and burned to the waterline, or 3. BOTH.

horizenjob wrote:
Gonzo should be able to test this for you.
Are you kiddin'??? It sounds crazy, dangerous and borderline stupid. So... Where, and what time? :rofl:

zetec7 wrote:
"Here, hold my beer. I'm gonna try something!"
The correct phrase is "Hold my beer and watch this, y'all!" :mrgreen:

I've read that one in four people have some form of mental illness. They say to think of your three best friends and if none of them are nuts, then it's you. I guess I don't need to worry about them...

Peace, Love and "Medicated for Your Protection"--
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom