LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
 Post subject: Re: MG GT V8
PostPosted: March 1, 2023, 11:43 am 

You, sir, are making great progress. I do believe that you will beat me to the finish line. Not that it is a race. but still......

Lots of bling from Rimmer. I have never used them, how was that? I have used UKMGPARTS.COM (Brown and Gammons) they have been in the MG business for many decades. Nothing to complain about. IT does take a bit of back and forth over a couple of days as they work up the real shipping prices based on the end packaging required for the quote.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: March 2, 2023, 8:26 am 

rx7locost wrote:
You, sir, are making great progress. I do believe that you will beat me to the finish line. Not that it is a race. but still......

Lots of bling from Rimmer. I have never used them, how was that? I have used UKMGPARTS.COM (Brown and Gammons) they have been in the MG business for many decades. Nothing to complain about. IT does take a bit of back and forth over a couple of days as they work up the real shipping prices based on the end packaging required for the quote.

Idk about that much progress but it’s a little. I love Rimmers. I got these 2 boxes in my hand in 8 days! I started doing the order on Moss and quit at $4k and wasn’t done yet or shipping and tax. All in at Rimmer to my door $2700. I figure over the last year I’ve saved around $2200 ordering from the UK. We just booked a trip to Turks and Caicos for my sons graduation from the 11-18. When is the show? I want to get down to a garage session too. Since I can’t get paint until next year this whole thing just went into slow mo! That’s ok I guess I can get a little more detailed then.

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782

PostPosted: March 2, 2023, 9:18 am 

Too funny Steve. We are planning a 3-family vacation starting on the 11th too. We were looking at the Turk and Caicos but the 3 family price tag got to be a bit too much $$. We chose a lesser location., Montego Bay Jamaica. Would have been blown over if I was walking the beach and saw you there.

The BritishV8 meet is the 5th thru the 9th In Monticello, IL I was thinking going down the afternoon of the 6th for the evening tire kicking session. Maybe (?) staying overnight and coming back Wednesday after breakfast. Not sure if I want the 3-hour drive home after sampling the local brews :mrgreen: I suppose I could abstain.

That way I could be back for our Wed Night routine.

https://www.mgexp.com/forum/mg-engine-s ... 9.4623657/

https://britishv8meet.org/

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: March 2, 2023, 9:40 am 

Hahaha, that is crazy. Turks is turning out to be about 40% less than Italy. We started planning that it just got out of hand. I’ll see about the show.

PostPosted: April 6, 2023, 9:22 am 

Where are we now? Here making room for steering and remote filter, did a fit check on the iron block and firewall bearing with some shitty welds on it, this thin stuff kicks my butt sometimes.
With all the money spent on this thing so far you would thing I’d flip for a new Tig welder with a foot pedal and ditch the mig for a while.
I also put together a proper welding cart, finally after 25yrs of welding.
So next I have to tidy up some engine bay stuff and pull the front suspension apart to put in new bushings I bought, fuel tank, install new rear end clutch pack, fill the diff and paint it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34