LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 27, 2022, 1:57 pm 

Howdy,

So my father bought a 7 from a guy about six months ago, he had all of the receipts to do an assembled from parts title but his ex-wife quite literally burned all of it, so he had no title. I talked to a friend who registered his with affidavits, and I think he had a thread on here, but I just spoke to my local DMV (Osceola county) about it, and they no longer accept affidavits as a proper way to title this.

So, my three options are
Assembled from parts: Can't do that because I don't have receipts for anything. The engine and trans have serial numbers but the diff does not (out of an S13 aka 240sx)
Kit car: No MCO, despite the fact this was probably a British kit imported. (It is wider, and longer than a normal 7)
Replica car: Despite saying "This can't be a kit" it requires an MCO. I believe this law was intended solely for manufacturers to make replicas of old cars, not for this.

Does anyone have anybody in the FL gov't that I should talk to that actually knows their stuff, and can help me find a way around this ridiculous red tape?

All the paperwork I have is that of from the seller to my father. The seller has no paperwork from before, from my understanding he bought it unfinished, and he sold it "finished" but the engine ran like crap (still working on that).

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: July 4, 2022, 8:22 am 
Automotive Encyclopedia

If it had a title, it has a vin plate installed by a LEO and records on file. You should be able to request a record search showing the ownership matches the BOS and year of mfg to determine if the transfer requirements are met with a BOS.

Provide a link to your references that determined what you can do and the FL Code about replica's needing MCO.

Generally, I don't need to provide a receipt to sell or trade something but I can obtain a receipt to buy it back.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12