LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 6, 2011, 10:07 am 

So I'm considering coming along to have a play in my Corolla on the 25th :) I see that sign-in starts at 8:15. How long does the event usually last?

I'm looking at the right stuff here yeah?
http://www.twinlakesmc.org/html/2011_solo_ii_schedule.html

PostPosted: September 6, 2011, 5:48 pm 

Yep thats the right place,we usually start running by about 10 with the drivers meeting before that and we depending on the amount of entries we get 6 to 8 runs.After the closing drivers meeting they usually have about a half hour of fun runs if you'd like.
Btw what year of corolla??.

Look anything like this?,its my full composite bodied AE86 I built.

PostPosted: September 6, 2011, 6:22 pm 

If you run that, I am so going to kick your arse. I have the sixteen vees and everything.

By the way, I contacted Arris and it looks like my helmet will be OK for stock(See, i'm starting to learn the terminology) classes :) - Ahh no, on further research, it's not OK.

Last edited by Tom17 on September 7, 2011, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 6, 2011, 6:57 pm 

Cool,your corolla looks crazy fast. :D

I parted out my corolla to build the open wheel car.

Look forward to seeinbg you there,I assume your new to autox?.

If so maybe we can offset the #'s enough I can do a ride along with you to offer pointers if needed.

See you there,

Tom(me)

PostPosted: September 6, 2011, 7:08 pm 

Kind of new to AutoX yeah. I did a gymkhana once at a London to Brighton Mini show when I was about 19. I was there prising my "Tattiest Mini" and won that competition hands down. But the gymkhana there was my first 'competitive event' in a car even though it was just a bit of fun. I would have had the fastest time, beating out all the superbly modified Minis, if I didn't trip and fall running to cross the line... Anyway the organiser guy spoke to me after that and said I need to race cars.

So I did, just not AutoX :)

But then I moved countries twice and have not driven in anger in over ten years :( So i'd like to have a crack on my own first, it's part of the fun for me, figuring it all out on my own. But lets look to space out the numbers in case I change my mind :)

Tom (the other Tom)

PostPosted: September 6, 2011, 8:27 pm 

Sounds good,our course layouts tend to be quite open and not a memory test.The Push it to the limit series(PITL)in the gta has a crappy lot and generally slow and tight hand over hand type layouts-not worth the trip to me.

Oh yeah,don't get angy-well at least I can't drive worth a damn when I'm mad. :oops:

PostPosted: September 6, 2011, 9:33 pm 

It's cool. I always have a calm head when driving on track, it relaxes me if anything. When I say driving in anger, I just mean driving fast on a track I guess :)

PostPosted: September 7, 2011, 1:50 pm 

Damn, now you made me go get a new helmet. Bah!

PostPosted: September 7, 2011, 8:17 pm 

Tom17 wrote:
Damn, now you made me go get a new helmet. Bah!

Your welcome. :)

PostPosted: September 7, 2011, 8:20 pm 
Always Moore!

Did you mention where yougot the wings or did you make them?

They look nice.

PostPosted: September 7, 2011, 9:24 pm 

I took the design to a local sheetmetal shop,I went to school with the owner and they do all my sheetmetal stuff for free including material.I love those guys. :D

And he won't let me put the name on the car,says he's busy enough.

PostPosted: October 2, 2011, 7:27 pm 

Had an event today,good to meet a fellow member(TOM17) at the event.Too bad it rained after only a couple of runs and was barely above freezing.I did a ride along on his 1st run,the lad can drive a car that was obvious.

My 1st run was good enough for event FTD by about 3 seconds I believe,left after my 2nd run-rained after that and it was way to cold to get soaked and drive with no windsheild.

This was the last event,didn't turn the camera on as I didn't think it was going to rain.Oh well,next year will be way faster anyways. :wink:

PostPosted: October 2, 2011, 8:02 pm 

That is one crazy car you have made Tom :)

Thanks for the compliment. It was probably a mistake getting back behind the wheel so to speak... Now i'm wondering about different Autocross options available to me :) Maybe I get my donor and race it for a bit before tearing it down :)

Oh my.

Tom...
I might be coming ice racing this year too, someone kinda half offered a ride :)

PostPosted: October 2, 2011, 8:30 pm 

Cool,do you know what car/class you "might" be running?.I've been there for 16 years and for sure no one has run more classes than myself,in the non studded tire class I've run fwd,rwd and awd,in the street studded tire class I've again run in fwd,rwd,awd and in the fastest class(big studs)I've only tried fwd.I will be running in AWD street studs this season,drop me a line with any questions as I'm very open to sharing my set-ups with others.

My car is pretty crazy but the goal is to be another 4-5 seconds faster next year compared to now,tall order to set ftd's by 7+ seconds but I like a challenge and need to set goals to push myself.

PostPosted: October 7, 2011, 9:24 am 

Dunno what car/class it is, but it's Wendy's hubbies car. Know who I mean? She kinda gave me the drive not him so it may not happen lol. A friendly bunch!

I just looked at the times from the weekend. I beat some fast metal :) That makes me happy lol. The simple things in life eh.

Tom...