LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 12:19 am 

The rear clip I had to straighten a little to get it on the car. The car had originally been hit pretty hard crunching the rear of the car into the rear diff.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 12:24 am 

The rear clip was a real pain getting roughly beat into shape but I'm not building a show car, more like a euro rat rod!!! Lol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 12:26 am 

I had never seen an Isetta with a spare/continental kit so I built one out of a NOS Nash Metropolitan spare tire mount base. I thought it looked cool

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 12:29 am 

The tail lights on this car were originally in little buckets that sat on top of the rear. Well, the U.S. models did. The European Isettas had the Lucas style that went inside the body like these. They are the same as a Morris Minor and were given to me by a friend. The turn signal bullets are just some steel housed bullets for a motorcycle that went in the holes originally for the taillight buckets.

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 12:31 am 

My reatored steering wheel, not original paint scheme but oh well. I like it and it turned out ok. Also I have built a spun steel housing for the toggle switches and starter button. Not in pic sorry

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 12:40 am 

This is the current situation, the ignition problem. Oh, and a new windshield. Just trying to get it running to be able to drive it a little to see what its like. I got all my title work taken care of so it won't be long now. I'm going to do a faux red and black patina paint job on it. Later if I don't like it I'll have it painted. Hope you guys like the pics!!

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 8:41 am 

Wow! I love the pics! It appears that you were able to fit the new drivetrain without extending the body.This will be an exciting driving experience! I am wondering about the capacity of those front drum bakes with the increased power and speed.

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 11:31 am 

Yes, I had thought about that. I had thought about installing some small disc brakes. But my friend in the U.K. said the drum's coupled with the rear disc brake worked great. And I lucked out as the rear disc worked directly lff of the stock master cylinder without modification.

PostPosted: January 2, 2017, 2:18 pm 

IsettaMike wrote:
I forgotbto mention it has lost fire. It will not spark at all.

Looking at the wiring diagram, I would start testing at the Ignition coil if you have confirmed there is no ignition spark. O/W (orange with white stripe I assume) is the power wire and should have battery voltage when key-on and when cranking. I ASSume it grounds via the mounting bracket for the coil, so if it isn't bolted to a grounded surface that may be your problem. The White wire is your control wire. It's best to use a graphing meter to test, but if you just have a multimeter and see it changing Ohms while cranking it's probably fine.

A video on coil diagnosis:

https://youtu.be/v-3iWo8_Rvk?t=3m22s
Again, it looks like your coil grounds via the mounting bolts.

PostPosted: January 6, 2017, 11:15 pm 

Very cool!

PostPosted: January 10, 2017, 12:08 am 

Thanks Ben!!

PostPosted: January 13, 2017, 4:19 pm 

Well I got the Isetta running!!! Had a wire that had gooten severed putting the body back on. Runs well and getting the small things like the sunroof back on, seat recovered and accelerator cable installed. So happy I can't stand it!!! Can't wait to drive it