LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 17, 2011, 5:55 pm 

So who's the new owner? So I can watch for his for sale thread in a few years...

PostPosted: June 19, 2011, 8:27 pm 

If the new owner wants to speak up, I will leave that up to him. I will say that it is moving a little further up the east coast.

Project Seven
Instagram: @RexRacer19

PostPosted: June 19, 2011, 10:58 pm 
Always Moore!

Congratulations on the sale.

PostPosted: July 15, 2011, 2:13 pm 

mca wrote:
So who's the new owner? So I can watch for his for sale thread in a few years...

My thoughts exactly! :wink:

Post subject: Selling Jeff's car
PostPosted: November 13, 2011, 11:11 am 

Hi everyone. This is a tough first post.

I bought Jeff’s car at the $15,000 asking price on June 17, 2011 with the intent of making it street legal in Pennsylvania. As Jeff stated in his original for sale post, the car was built for the track, so things like turn signals, horn, etc were not added. I thought that I would pick away at these projects over the summer and fall of 2011 and the winter of 2011-12 with the intent of putting the car on the street in the spring of 2012.

On July 1, 2011, my job within my company changed significantly and increased my working time approximately 15 hours per week, eating up all possible free time. Thus, I have done absolutely nothing on the car since owning it, except for 1) removing the vinyl numbers, 2) driving it in the neighborhood every other weekend, and 3) investing the better part of $1,000 to successfully title and register it in Pennsylvania as a 1959 Lotus.

My job situation will not change in the foreseeable future and I can not stand to keep things that I do not use, so I want to sell it now so that a new buyer got Jeff’s car, not Jeff’s car owned / modified / tracked by someone other than Jeff.

I discussed the situation with Jeff the other day and he agreed to let me post my ad as a continuation of his ad (thank you, Jeff).

I am asking $15,500. This covers the price I paid for the car and some of the money I paid to title and register it in Pennsylvania as a 1959 Lotus.

My name is Franck. I can be contacted @ 215.272.7953. The car and I are located in the Philadelphia suburbs.

PostPosted: November 13, 2011, 6:05 pm 

Franck,

I sent you my email address by PM on USA7s. We'll talk soon.

I hope Christmas comes early.

Thanks,
Aaron

PostPosted: November 20, 2011, 10:26 pm 

The car is sold. Hopefully, I'll be back again someday.

PostPosted: September 6, 2016, 1:25 am 

Hi Everyone,

The R1 Seven is For Sale. $14,000

I purchased the car from Skobie in December 2011. The time has come to sell since I have my eye on a different car (Lotus Elise). Jeff has been gracious enough to let me use his existing ad to list it for sale.

I've enjoyed the car for 12 track events from 2012-2015 here in Southern California. My typical track day consists of (3) 20-minute sessions. I've also driven it on the street for approximately 20-30 miles, mostly just driving around my neighborhood. When it's not being driven it lives in a secured garage at my home.

As Jeff's original ad promised, the car has been easy to drive, easy to maintain, and requires little in the way of consumables. The car still wears the first set of tires I purchased (13" Toyo RA-1), I replaced 1 set of rear brake pads, 1 battery (small motorcycle battery), and of course oil changes after every track day for good measure. The engine starts easily, runs smoothly, and does not smoke. I have attended to very few minor maintenance issues since taking ownership to keep the car in good mechanical condition.

Cosmetically, the car has some paint wear on the bottom leading edges of the rear fenders and minor stone chips in the front nosecone.

I will attach current pictures and I will take additional photos later this week.

For additional information please email to aleevw(at)gmail(dot)com. Serious inquiries only, please. Thanks for looking.

Aaron Lee

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 16, 2016, 10:32 am 

I've read Jeff's build site so, so closely intending to copy all his good ideas (Thanks Jeff!). The timing of the sale is horrible for me because I've got an Rx3 project going now and then a Europa. Maybe in two years I can find the person who buys it and work something out with them.
Good luck with the sale!

PostPosted: September 17, 2016, 3:31 am 

SOLD

PostPosted: December 12, 2017, 10:00 pm 

mca wrote:
SOLD

So, this will be an unusual bump of this thread....

If you purchased this car from mca and you're tired of it, please send me a PM here or to twowheeledlife@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
Aric