LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 3, 2024, 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 19, 2015, 4:03 pm 

Rare 1978 Blakely Bearcat S Only 48 factory cars built, this is #19 with 18,000 miles, this car is thought to have been the factory demo. Sold to a Doctor in La Crosse who bought it in 1989. Recent carbuerator rebuild and tune-up.

It was designed to be a street version of the Lotus 7, with working doors and a usible trunk. Dick Blakely started to offer Lotus 7-style kit cars, called the Bantam, in 1972 in Love Park, Illinois, and in 1975 began offering a more civilized version called the Bearcat

A significant feature was that the fiberglass body and fenders used a PVC foam core sandwich type of construction that added considerably to overall strength and ruggedness of the Blakley car.

It has Fiberglass body on a specially built frame of box steel tubing.Custom front suspension.

Ford 2.3 liter OHV. motor with custom header, chrome valve cover and air cleaner, a 390 CFM Holley 4 bbl with a Offenhauser dual plane manifold, automatic transmission.

Ford differential, rack and pinion steering with front disc brakes. Newer tires with less than 100 miles on silver turbine alloy wheels. . Red with tan interior and white convertible top with soft side windows, and full cockpit tonneau cover, with head rest pockets.

AM/FM Cass with built in speakers, tilt wheel. The seats and wheels on the car were a upgraded "factory option"

Custom, Hand Crafted factory built Car. Finished in deep red with white Vinyl convertible top. . One of it's greatest attributes is the leg room, a six foot tall man, 225Lbs can fit and drive it comfortably. Only 3 models were made with fiberglass bodies & separate steel tube frames (as this one is).

Car has seat belts - Turn signals - Pioneer radio with cassette player & two speakers two speed wipers (3 blades) - Halogen headlights, Leather wrapped steering wheel,

The Bearcat. has a unique appearance, not closely modeled on any of the classic sports cars usually providing inspiration to kit car designers. It is much better suited to regular street use by virtue of its more spacious cab, adjustable seats, doors, soft-top, and rear trunk.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blakely Auto Works (also called Bernardi Auto Works in later years) was a manufacturer of automobiles and of kit cars, working from premises located in a series of US midwest communities including Princeton, Wisconsin in the 1970s and 1980s. Blakely produced several kit car models, the Bantam, Bearcat, and Bernardi.

With the AUTO the Wife can drive this one.

Car is in Florida $8500

George 954-575-2111

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by geoz3 on April 20, 2015, 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: March 22, 2015, 1:11 am 

geoz3 wrote:
Please provide photo of Wife. :D

Oh, now I get it! Your "the Wife" references the wives of people reading your ad, not your wife. 'Scuse me for going all feminist on you, but most of our wives can handle a stick shift, and most of them would be involved in a decision to spend $8500 on a car of this nature, so I think it'd be in your best interest to go back and edit your ad to be a bit more inclusive (or less offensive) to half your potential customer base.

PostPosted: March 22, 2015, 7:46 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:
geoz3 wrote:
Please provide photo of Wife. :D

Oh, now I get it! Your "the Wife" references the wives of people reading your ad, not your wife. 'Scuse me for going all feminist on you, but most of our wives can handle a stick shift, and most of them would be involved in a decision to spend $8500 on a car of this nature, so I think it'd be in your best interest to go back and edit your ad to be a bit more inclusive (or less offensive) to half your potential customer base.

You assume this was posted by a man.... LOL :BH:

PostPosted: March 22, 2015, 11:01 pm 

geoz3 wrote:

You did say your name was George... that's a pretty safe assumption. ;)

PostPosted: March 23, 2015, 12:27 am 

geoz3 wrote:
We probably shouldn't go on too long on this, since our fellow locosters may not be much interested, but I'm genuinely curious about your reasoning here--what gives you this insight into what I assume, why does your conclusion (right or wrong) about my assumption of your age and gender make you LOL, and why does that lead to beating a (yours? mine?) head against a wall?

I think your ad here reflects your opinion of the membership of LocostUSA. Your ad on Craigslist...
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/4939124627.html
...differs from your ad on LocostUSA in that one tag line, which indicates you're aware that it's not generally a good idea to insult women in a car ad, but for us, you've made an exception, because...why? Do we locosters come off as a bunch of misogynists, members of a No Gurlz Aloud Club who will welcome you as one-of-the-boys if you take a potshot at the competence of women in general (and the women we marry in specific)?

Anyway, I'm not assuming your gender (I went to high school with a girl named George), and whether you're a clueless guy or a cynical gal, adding "With the AUTO the Wife can drive this one" to your LocostUSA ad (and only your LocostUSA ad, according to google) is a bit of an insult to our group, and I think you'd do better by editing it out. I trust you're here to sell your car, not to win a women-can't-drive-stickshifts argument, so I gave you a suggestion yesterday, and explained why I thought it would help. I meant to advise, not to offend, and I wish you all the best on your sale.

PostPosted: March 23, 2015, 8:43 am 

Quote:
You did say your name was George... that's a pretty safe assumption. ;)

But it still is an assumption. As assumptions go, don't bet the farm. I have known 2 women called George, one being my wife's nickname in high school. And my wife does drive my Locost with manual transmission. :boxing: :cheers:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: March 23, 2015, 9:17 am 

back on topic, there's one of these for sale pretty close to me here in the sunny South.

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: March 23, 2015, 8:07 pm 

New pics added

PostPosted: March 23, 2015, 9:22 pm 

geoz3 wrote:
That's your assumption...LOL :BH:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: March 24, 2015, 1:21 am 
Toyotaphobe

I'm constantly amazed at what little things derails a thread.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: March 24, 2015, 5:46 am 

carguy123 wrote:
I'm constantly amazed at what little things derails a thread.

I agree, this is a neat little car that is a piece of automotive history.

PostPosted: March 24, 2015, 8:53 am 

JackMcCornack wrote:
geoz3 wrote:
We probably shouldn't go on too long on this, since our fellow locosters may not be much interested,

You got that right.

Tom

My short term memory is absolutely horrible and so is my short term memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG16m2e4O6I

PostPosted: March 24, 2015, 11:52 am 

to settle this argument once and for all,

she would have to be on a bloody long chain to drive a car anywhere and who would do my laundry if i let her out of the house?

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: March 26, 2015, 8:54 pm 

New PICS added

PostPosted: April 20, 2015, 2:26 pm 

SOLD