LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 12, 2016, 6:11 pm 

This head has sold. If you are interested, I can build you one similar to it, or one specifically for your 4AGE.... OR even if you are running a Miata based engine, I have experience working many different heads... :)

Price dependent on which valve spring you choose. HKS equipped - $1100, Toda equipped - $1150.

This is OST-036, it was first resurrected for my 4AGE 16V valve test. Image Link

This head is an early version of the 4AGE cylinder head, with thread in oil galley plugs. It also has an optional intake side oil drain - comes with fitting and plug. It has been fully rebuilt using new viton rubber valve seals, the surface has been machined .030"

The chambers are 34 cc, and fully deshrouded...

The seats carry TRD (Re: TRD Bible) angles, and the intake valves carry a 30 degree back cut - Intake port flow @ 9mm lift exceeds 200 cfm (stock is about 178), exhaust flow @ 9mm exceeds 140 cfm, (stock is about 118)

So what makes this head a "High Performance" head?

1) The 34cc chambers allow for a significant compression boost. On stock bores, along with a .8mm squish gap, static compression jumps by 8/10s of a point, so a 9.4 engine comes up to about 10.2, and a 10.3 engines comes up to about 11.1. With a 82mm bore, static jumps by a whole point, so 9.4 jumps to 10.4, and 10.3 jumps to 11.3. (S/C stock bore: 8.0 - 8.6, and 8.9 - 9.5)

2) Most heads I do can run a stock exhaust manifold, this head can not, this head needs a minimum of a 35mm I/D primary pipe, so many headers/turbo manifolds should work.

3) It is also a good head for boosted applications - smaller chamber allows for improved piston topography, larger exhaust ports flow 20% more

Price dependent on which valve spring you choose. HKS equipped - $1100, Toda equipped - $1150.

oldeskewltoy@yahoo.com