LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently November 13, 2019, 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 15, 2017, 7:02 pm 

If anyone is building a turbo Hayabusa motor I have a cast stainless steel manifold I've developed.

Cast for no cracking and the ability to design the best possible shape. Designed for use on a bike so the turbo is tucked up close.

Info -

• T3 turbo exhaust manifold for Suzuki Hayabusa motors Smooth equal radius bends
• True merge collector
• Lowest back pressure and best flow possible
• Constructed of 347 Stainless Steel
• Thick main flange/spigot support
• 3mm (.118”) thick tubes
• 15mm thick turbo flange
• Smooth equal radius bends – A smoother shape equals more flow and less back pressure/pressure drop
• True merge collector - All tubes are aimed at the turbo inlet
• Lowest back pressure and best flow possible – pressure and flow go together for less heat and more power
• Investment cast – Consistent shape and quality with NO welds
• Constructed of 347 Stainless Steel – Better strength and better high temp corrosion resistance
• All junctions feature ample filets – More details for the absolute best strength
• Thick main flange/spigot support – Assures a perfect, consistent fit
• 3mm (.118”) thick tubes – Overkill for the strongest available
• 15mm thick turbo flange – extra heavy for the best stability and zero warping
• Cylinder 1 & 4 upper/outer mount holes are slightly oversized to 9mm - Allows for expansion and contraction without breaking studs
• Lower mounting holes are slotted – Allows for easier insertion of mounting bolts
• Turbo mount threads (10 x 1.5) are produced with a thread forming tap – Formed threads are stronger than cut threads

$1,250 USD - Free freight in the continental US.

Please contact me with any questions or If you're interested please see my site http://www.fabhabit.com

Thank you
Billy Nichols
Fab Habit
Salt Lake City, Utah

Attachments:
File comment: Hayabusa Turbo Manifold
IMG_2951.JPG
IMG_2951.JPG [ 1.39 MiB | Viewed 279 times ]
File comment: Hayabusa Turbo Manifold
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG [ 1.66 MiB | Viewed 279 times ]
PostPosted: February 15, 2017, 10:23 pm 
Mid-Engined Maniac

Instead of repeatedly posting "lowest back pressure possible", how about backing up the claim with numbers? I'm sure people are curious how it compares to other manifolds.

PostPosted: February 15, 2017, 10:58 pm 

Very cool piece. I will have to keep this in mind for my sports racer.

PostPosted: February 16, 2017, 1:55 pm 

KB58 wrote:
Instead of repeatedly posting "lowest back pressure possible", how about backing up the claim with numbers? I'm sure people are curious how it compares to other manifolds.

KB58 You're right, I did kind of overstate that. Thanks, I'll rewrite my bullet points.

So far I've only been able to compare it to one. A friend, Scott Horner at Heads Up Performance here in SLC, builds turbo Busa motors for Bonneville bikes (multiple world records) and sand rails. He has a manifold he's developed for his kits that he had fabricated by a guy in SoCal. It’s a well built version of a welded manifold. He ran both on a flow bench (I build velocity stacks for the manifolds so as to more accurately gauge their flow). Here’s what the numbers looked like.

Welded, At 2.46" of vacuum, flowed 309.2 cfm
Fab Habit, At 1.75" of vacuum, flowed 388.8 cfm

As you’re aware, on a flow bench you’re usually looking for less vacuum and more flow. Comparison between these two shows that at 29% less vacuum my manifold flowed 26% more air. Not to shabby :D

Also, please note that it has a true collector with all tubes aimed directly at the turbo. Many welded versions (Please remember this was designed to fit the very compact restrictions of a motorcycle) end up with 1 & 4 pointing more at each other than at the turbo inlet.

Also, being investment cast, they're consistent. Each manifold is essentially the same as every other. For someone, like Scott, building kits that have other parts fitting with the manifold, this has been an incredible plus. He now uses this manifold in all of his kits.

Please let me know any other information I should include.

Thanks
Billy
fabhabit.com

PostPosted: February 16, 2017, 1:56 pm 

Turbine_Lust wrote:
Very cool piece. I will have to keep this in mind for my sports racer.

Thank you!

Billy