LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 12, 2017, 9:59 pm 

Not a "Lo-Cost", but a fun car at a decent price. I hope that its OK to post this here, but if not, please let me know and I will delete the post.

1979 MGB powered by a Rover 3.5 liter all-aluminum V-8.

- I'm selling off a few of the toys that I don't get to use very much and this is the first one to get advertised. It's a nice car that needs some basic TLC to take it to the next level. If I were to keep it and if it doesn't sell, I would rebuild the front end, install a dash cap, install a radio and speakers that work, remove/clean/shampoo the interior carpets, install better door panel cards and refinish the bumpers. With that said, I enjoy driving it the way it is and smile the whole time.

- from what paperwork I have, the conversion was done in at least 2006. The gentleman that I bough the car from purchased it in 2011. A copy of the title shows that the person he purchased it from titled it in his name in 2006.
- the engine is the ROVER 3.5 liter all aluminum British "lump" that was known here in the states as the BOP(Buick/Olds/Pontiac) 215. The same unit used in the Triumph TR-8 and MGB GT V-8. It breathes thru an Edelbrock 500cfm carb and exhaust thru a new "true dual" system. From tubular fenderwell conversion headers to 2" collectors, then through FlowMaster Series 40 mufflers and finally out dual stainless tips. Looks nice and has a very nice exhaust note. Not what you would expect from this car, but turns many heads when driving by!
- the transmission is the stock MGB 4-speed and mounts to the motor with a conversion plate.
- the rear is a Ford 8" unit sourced from a Mustang II and has a 3.00:1 ratio. Feels just right with this gearing, not a rocket but a very nice compromise between city and highway cruising. There was also a rear tube shock conversion done at some point.
- wheels are what people like to call "Minilite replicas", but these are actually made by Minatour. They are 14x6 and shod with 165R14 tires.
- nice body that has had the outer rockers and dog-legs replaced at some point(not the greatest job). No rust in the trunk, floors, rails, jack points, etc... Of all the MGB's that I've owned over the years, this is by far the nicest uni-body that I've had.
- decent paint but was repainted above the chrome trim and it is a shade "off" of the lower portion of the car. I notice it, but I'm very critical and writing this description so that there is full disclosure of the cars current condition. If you go far enough and read the MG Experience thread, you will see why I want full disclosure.
- radiator was just "hot tanked" and had a small hole repaired. Car is equipped with a water pump mounted flex fan and also has an toggle switch activated electric fan. Runs fine with no over heating.
- I've also added a 14" Mountney steering wheel, a Longacre billet shift knob, boot cover, new headlight switch, K&N air filter and probably a few more little things that I can't recall at the moment.

Link to the MG Forum with a thread from when I first purchased the car: http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?1,3374963

Link to the BAT auction where that car was purchased: http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-mgb-v8/

Here is a link to photos: http://s31.photobucket.com/user/w650gb5 ... t=3&page=1

The car is located in northeast PA(Exeter zip 18643).

$10,800 Firm. No trades unfortunately as all proceeds will go toward mounting and on-going medical expenses.

Thanks for looking and feel free to e-mail me directly(w650gb500@gmail.com) with any and all question or additional photo requests. If you would like to discuss the car rather than typing, forward me a phone number and a good time to call.

Dan Lipperini Jr

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by w650gb500 on July 12, 2017, 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: July 12, 2017, 10:04 pm 

A few more since I know how much everyone likes pictures.

I've never even "cleaned-up" the engine bay wiring or washed it for that matter. Same goes for the trunk, I've never even wiped it out, its just the way I bought it.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: July 2, 2018, 9:13 am 

Hey gang, another opportunity came about and I had to take the plunge, so a bunch of “stuff” has to be sold. I’m lowering prices on everything so I can put the $$$ into this new project.

Reduced to way less than I have into the car.

$9000