LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 27, 2018, 1:25 pm 

PM'd. Probably a stupid idea at this point in my life but...

PostPosted: November 30, 2018, 10:12 pm 

Gulp.. well I just joined and am in the planning stages, just finished talking to Jack about which is the best nose and scuttle to buy from him for a Miata build and he mentioned this marketplace, so I checked it out and found this and it turns out I am in Victoria BC...

So not to try to bump anyone but if it is still available then I would be super interested. And if it is already spoken for I would love to swing by to have a look and trade racing stories!

PostPosted: December 8, 2018, 12:55 pm 

And? And? Didya take it home? Didya?!

PostPosted: December 12, 2018, 6:08 pm 

Paulus wrote:
Gulp.. well I just joined and am in the planning stages, just finished talking to Jack about which is the best nose and scuttle to buy from him for a Miata build and he mentioned this marketplace, so I checked it out and found this and it turns out I am in Victoria BC...

So not to try to bump anyone but if it is still available then I would be super interested. And if it is already spoken for I would love to swing by to have a look and trade racing stories!

Paulus, if you sent me an email it slipped through the cracks somehow! Please do get in touch, I'd love to see this go to a good home and time is almost up for this! At the very least, I'd be happy to meet up and chat about what a project like this involves.

Glenn

PostPosted: December 12, 2018, 6:50 pm 

Glen and Paulus:

Paulus, I believe that one needs to have 3 posts before PM's can be sent. Make 2 more posts. and you will be able (I think) to PM Glen.

Glen, You mention email but I believe you meant PM. I don't see your "email" listed anywhere here.

Somebody take this project.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 1:52 am 

rx7locost wrote:
Glen and Paulus:

Paulus, I believe that one needs to have 3 posts before PM's can be sent. Make 2 more posts. and you will be able (I think) to PM Glen.

Glen, You mention email but I believe you meant PM. I don't see your "email" listed anywhere here.

Somebody take this project.

Thanks Chuck! I just sent an email to Paulus through the link that said "email" at the bottom of his post, hopefully that will work with less than 3 posts? And yes, I haven't had any PMs recently either, so if one was sent it didn't go through. I'll keep an eye out though!

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 5:07 am 
Automotive Encyclopedia

So for a person in the USA, they need either a trailer or a tow dolly (with 4 wheels and tires to fit).
They have two ferry rides out of either Anacortes or Port Angeles. I'm guessing $25 each way towing?
The duty for free car parts should be nothing but they will likely need a bill of sale for customs.

Might help to include the bolt circle, diff ratio, frame size compared to book (to fit the fuel burning "air pump" of their choice). Normal rotation ohc Honda v6 with around 175hp? Clutch and flywheel sorted with the adapter installed? AX15 5 speed? Nobody want the bits to upgrade a midget, mgb, spitfire? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

If I still lived up there, I'd go get it. It would be a nice adventure through the San Juan Islands. Victoria is a beautiful place also. It would be a huge time saver to modify this than to start from scratch. Another option would be to take just the front and rear suspension clips with the pedal system. Then you'd only need a wagon/van/truck and no towing or wheels. required.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 2:16 pm 

Pull the A-arms off the front and pull it up into the back up a pickup truck. In my state all you have to do is tie some red rags to the back of the load unless it sticks out more than... I think it's five feet. Or grab one of those $25 light kits from Harbor Freight or Canadian Tire.

I moved the V8 chassis I built with a Mazda pickup, then moved it again by sliding it into the back of a GMC Surburban; only a few feet stuck out the back.

A "garden" or "utility" trailer would also work with some of the chassis hanging off.

Jack McCornack would just put a tow bar on the front and drag it back with one of his Locosts, cracking the ice off his goggles every now and then.

PostPosted: December 13, 2018, 4:40 pm 

Glenn was able to email me and we "spoke". I am going to turn this down, sigh...

While this is a screaming deal and super generous of Glenn, while thinking about it (which I did a lot of!) I came to the realization that, like a lot of Locost builders I think, one of the main motivators for me is being able to build it myself. Being able to drive around and think "I built this!". So sorry Glenn and I really hope you find someone...

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 12:10 pm 

I find this whole business shocking. So much for so little. And in a great location to boot. :(

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 2:22 pm 

kreb wrote:
I find this whole business shocking. So much for so little. And in a great location to boot. :(

The shocking part is, it has been in the FS/WTB section for over 3 months with nobody jumping on it.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 2:24 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
kreb wrote:

The shocking part is, it has been in the FS/WTB section for over 3 months with nobody jumping on it.

If it had come up couple of months earlier, before I embarked on my current adventure, I'd have gladly pulled a trailer up there. It'd be a good excuse to spend a few days in the San Juans on the way!

PostPosted: December 14, 2018, 2:41 pm 

Like several folk here I would have grabbed it the first day if logistics were not a problem. :BH:
Passport is expired, not a short trip, TIME, etc.

PostPosted: December 15, 2018, 2:26 pm 

Maybe four million people within a hundred miles, and Glenn can't even give his project away.

That has to rate pretty high up on the "kick in the teeth" scale...

PostPosted: December 17, 2018, 1:28 am 

It's on the wrong end of the country for me,
And I've already got a locost project in the works,

If it's still there in the spring/summer I might come get it.
It could be an adventure driving cross country,
and I could give it to my brother for a Christmas present next year.........