LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 22, 2018, 7:18 pm 

First, the A-arms:

These are 10" UB Machine Uniball type arms, made from powder-coated seamless steel tubing with aluminum cross bar. The cross bar joints have grease joint fittings. Aside from assembly on my car, they've never been used. The measurement (10", as per the photo) is from the middle of the cross bar to the middle of the Uniball.

The Uniball joint will handle far greater misalignment than a normal ball joint, and is very low friction. The Uniball shaft is removable & replaceable. These are for the Mustang II/Pinto taper, but taper shafts are available for virtually any upright, and are cheap.

Unfortunately, due to an inadvertent miscalculation in the original frame build (intended from the start to use these arms), I would need to cut out & replace sections of the frame to continue to use them. It was easier to make replacement, home-fabricated arms, so....they're for sale. Prices for new parts (A-arms + Uniball joints + tapers) run around $75 per arm. I'm hoping to get $80 for the whole shootin' match, plus shipping. I'm in Canada, by the way.

Attachment:
UB a-arms small.jpg

Attachment:
UB a-arms small 2.jpg

Now, on to the carbs:

This is a pair of 152-series. Spanish-made, 3-progression-hole, Weber 45 DCOE's, with large velocity stacks, current jetting as follows:

38 mm venturis, 175 mains, 150 air correctors, F11 emuilsion tubes, 55 idle jets and F11 air bleeds.

The carbs come with large stainless velocity stacks, a spare set of new 36 mm venturies, and a full tune-up kit for each carb, including all gaskets, O-rings, etc. The carbs came off a Zetec-engined open-wheel race car. The between-carb balance linkage means you don't need one of those large, erector-set linkage setups. A simple wheel-type cable spool at either end of the set allows use of a simple, single throttle cable.

The downside is that the previous owner opened up the air cleaner end of the throats to suit the large velocity stacks, and actually went through the casting in places. He repaired this with JB weld, and raced with them this way for several seasons. As this area only supports air cleaners, it does not weaken the carbs. It ain't pretty, although it's hidden when air cleaners are attached. The attached pics show these repairs. There is also an area ground off the top of the left carb in the picture, done to accommodate a clearance issue in the race car. There is nothing under that area, and still plenty of material left, so this does not affect function in any way.

Despite the flaws, I was happy with them & intent on using them, until I discovered that the particular engine I'm using will not work well with any of the standard Weber 45 DCOE's. The 2-liter Zetec engine apparently requires specially-modified 45's to function properly, so I had to buy a brand new, factory-modified, 5-progression-hole pair from England ($$$$!!!), built specifically for this one, single model of engine :roll: . That said, these will work fine with virtually any other engine...

The price (asking $400 + shipping for the pair, OBO, including the extra venturis, carb kits, velo stacks) is commensurate with the aforementioned flaws...

Attachment:
webers small 1.jpg

Attachment:
webers small 5 cylinder head end.jpg

Attachment:
webers small 2.jpg

Attachment:
webers small 3.jpg

Attachment:
webers small 4.jpg

PM me, if you're interested in the carbs or A-arms.

:cheers:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: January 28, 2019, 11:21 pm 

PM sent regarding the a arms

PostPosted: February 5, 2019, 8:56 pm 

Didn’t receive a PM - the a-arms are still available....try again?

http://zetec7.webs.com/