LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 12, 2009, 9:00 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

eVox wrote:
dodge viper, preferably low mileage and only kept under 60mph. $1001 bob.

Efin' snipers. :evil:
-dave "snipe this!" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: April 28, 2009, 9:06 pm 

Looking for a 2001+ 1000cc+ bike, as well as a 94+ miata, sans motor.

Dean Koontz

PostPosted: June 4, 2009, 11:09 am 

Starting to plan a build, and beginning to look for a Ford 2.3L turbo based donor ... open to any of the following:

Mustang Turbo
T-bird Turbo Coupe
Merkur XR4Ti

The donor needs to be reasonably close to the Philadelphia, PA area and has to be under $1000 (unless it is in fantastically good shape).

Thanks,
Todd

PostPosted: June 8, 2009, 8:21 pm 

Denver, CO

Looking for any rear wheel drive car with an inline 4 cylinder or POSSIBLY a SMALL v6 (think the 2.8l 90 degree V6 used in the Stalker cars). Only other requirement is that it has a live/solid rear axle, no independent rear suspension please.

Title issues aren't a problem, if the car's not running thats ok (pending things like a basic compression check), etc etc. Would love to find something under $500, or can offer trades of computers, computer services, paintball stuff, labor, and obviously cash.

PostPosted: August 28, 2009, 8:45 am 

reddeth wrote:
Denver, CO

Looking for any rear wheel drive car with an inline 4 cylinder or POSSIBLY a SMALL v6 (think the 2.8l 90 degree V6 used in the Stalker cars). Only other requirement is that it has a live/solid rear axle, no independent rear suspension please.

Title issues aren't a problem, if the car's not running thats ok (pending things like a basic compression check), etc etc. Would love to find something under $500, or can offer trades of computers, computer services, paintball stuff, labor, and obviously cash.

If I was you, I would jump on the Miata build that just got posted!

PostPosted: August 28, 2009, 10:02 am 

reddeth wrote:
Denver, CO

I would say my project will move you along quite well, though it is above your price range (but includes almost everything you will need), and it is an IRS using the Miata differential. I have, however, already worked out the math on the rear, so all you will need to do is build it.

Mine is listed in the threads in this For Sale forum, and it is the one referred to above by gtivr4 (thanks!). I am in Highlands Ranch. Feel free to come by to look at it :thmbsup: .

Randy

PostPosted: August 28, 2009, 11:16 am 
-the man.

Randy,

Stay on top of Craigslist. I got my 2.8 V-6, 5spd, rear axle, and 4 wheels and tires for $250. I've seen deals like that regularly. Keep in mind that the rear axle that comes with that set up is probably going to be narrow (54"). It's not suitable for a +4 or probably even +2 car. (and the 2.8 is a 60 degree motor)

Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

PostPosted: March 8, 2010, 6:32 pm 

RacerDan wrote:
Randy,

Stay on top of Craigslist. I got my 2.8 V-6, 5spd, rear axle, and 4 wheels and tires for $250. I've seen deals like that regularly. Keep in mind that the rear axle that comes with that set up is probably going to be narrow (54"). It's not suitable for a +4 or probably even +2 car. (and the 2.8 is a 60 degree motor)

Are we talking S-10 or late 80's camaro? ....or something else?

PostPosted: October 18, 2011, 1:51 pm 

Looking for a '01+ Ranger, 4-cyl/5speed. Would also be consider any other RWD 4cyl/5speed. Needs to be somewhere in the New Orleans area.

PostPosted: December 2, 2011, 2:51 pm 

I'm looking for a 750-1000cc I4 bike to use as a donor for an offroad buggy. I prefer fuel injected, but will consider carbed. It has to be chain drive. Typical bikes would be GSXR, FZ1, ZX10R, Z1000, etc. I'd be using the instrument cluster, computer, wiring harness, motor/tranny and possibly some other parts like shifter linkage, radiator... Of course, on a common bike the parts are readily available. I've been looking at wrecked but running bikes on kycyclesalvage and other salvage sites. I don't need a title, but I don't want stolen bikes or parts.

Thanks,

-Jason

jason . fawbush (at) gmail . com

Lexington, KY 40507

Finished product: http://www.fawbush.org/images/2012_8_19_buggy/2012_8_19_first_drive_6.JPG

PostPosted: July 15, 2012, 12:50 am 

Spridget. Might use a Spit for front end parts. In I'm Vesailles, KY 40383.

Neep help hauling a complete car, so bonus points for assistance in that. Also bonus points for a titled carcass. :D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: July 15, 2012, 7:56 pm 

dhempy wrote:
Looking for a Viper, any year, good condition, under $1000. I'm in Lexington, KY, but will meet you half-way if you're within 100 miles or so. I'm in a hurry, so I'm willing to get half the cash together within a month or two.

-dave
No problemo. We've got lots of Vipers that meet your specifications at Jose's preowned Exocets.

Here's one that is [was] really a hot commodity.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/viper/viper_20101016_1.jpg

Or maybe you'd prefer one in "repairable" condition?

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/viper/viper_20110115_1.shtml

PostPosted: July 18, 2012, 12:10 pm 

trialsman
I got a '67 1275 Sprite for $800 on Craig's. Being a local listing it resulted in a shorter tow. There are tons of parts for this car and lots of good advice about how to fix any faults. I thought I should start simple and this route is about as simple as you can get. I have a build log at "Sprite into Locost" but I have been remiss in keeping it up to date. I think I have solved most of the major problems. I guess I should bring it up to date.

PostPosted: August 19, 2013, 11:55 pm 

looking for a nissan micra or mazda millenia/xedos/eunos. miller cycle engines.

isle of man

PostPosted: October 28, 2013, 4:11 am 

Miata 90/05 don't need engine Trans or rearend. Not looking for a perfect body either. The cheaper the better. Thanks I'm in Alabama. My names Johnny please txt only 2566139606