LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 8, 2012, 7:25 pm 

I am new to this site and am seriously considering building a locost. I am wondering if I could join the Midwest Gathering 2012 in order to see the cars in person, even though I don't currently have a locost.

I live about an hour east of La Crosse, WI so it would be a very close trip for me to drive down for a day.

If so what would be the best day and sight to get a chance to view the cars up close and possibly get a chance to ride in one?

Paul

PostPosted: April 8, 2012, 10:20 pm 

Paul,

Welcome to the funny farm! I'm not particularly new to the sight, but my Locost is still in the "Planning" stage. I visited the "2011 Gathering" last year here in the Ozarks, and I have never met a more welcoming bunch of people in my life. My wife and I, along with our son and grandchildren were treated like long lost friends. A great time was had by all. Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend this year, but I know you'll hear from someone that is planning to attend. I'm sure that they will make you feel every bit as welcome as they did us.

PostPosted: April 9, 2012, 8:18 am 

Brent (xromad) would be the one to ask. He is in charge of it this year. Get on his mailing list so you can get a blow by blow account of what is happening. Early mornings or late evenings are usually the best time to see the cars. Or you could stay all day and go blatting with us in your tintop. You might even snag a ride in a Locost. Welcome to the group of crazys. Russ

PostPosted: April 9, 2012, 8:49 pm 

Thanks Mike and Russ for the info. I am looking forward to being part of the funny farm. Sounds like it will be a great way to spend a weekend, hopefully I can make it. Sorry you have to sit this one out Mike.

Paul

PostPosted: April 9, 2012, 9:05 pm 

You are more than welcome to join us by any means of transportation that you have available. Brent and I talked last weekend about test running some of the routes soon, so once that is done we'll have a better idea of when/where the group can be found, but if you can spare a whole day we should be in Preston every morning and evening. There are always open seats and most anyone will give you a ride as long as you fit in their car :) Feel free to post in the main midwest gathering thread though, Brent may not find this one.