LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 7, 2011, 11:17 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Well, folks...it's been a year since we last got our builder brethren together in Lexington, and I've got the itch! This year will be the Year of the Blat, with several planned tours through some delightfully twisty and scenic areas of Central Kentucky -- one skirting the finest horse farms in the world and tackling the Tail of the Kitten, the other exploring the western fringes of the Appalachian Mountains. We'll have some fine meals and tall tales to wash it all down real nice. My lovely wife and I are looking at late July or August, just so everyone can be equally sweaty and stinky on the rides.

I'm thinking of focusing on a full Saturday of activities, maybe with another ride Sunday morning. Or if there is interest, the local SCCA club has two autocrosses and a test-n-tune on upcoming Sundays. The test-n-tune might give more opportunities for newbs to a "spirited" rides in a 7. We might also meet up with the uber-friendly Kentucky Cobra Club, who put on some mighty fine rides.

So, reply back if you're game. If you post dates that work well (or poorly) for you, maybe you can sway the schedule.

Who's in?

-dave

*UPDATE* Date set for August 20, 2011. See next page for more details!

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: July 7, 2011, 4:30 pm 

Dave
Count me in, The kitten is still on my todo list.
- first weekend is no good. second weekend in august and i'll definitly be there.

cheers
paul

PostPosted: July 8, 2011, 5:24 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

The SCCA test-n-tune is Sunday, Aug 14. About as much fun as you can have in a parking lot!
http://www.ckrscca.org/joomla/index.php ... 1&month=08

Opinions?

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

PostPosted: July 8, 2011, 8:09 am 

Heck, Lexington is only 400 miles one way. Shouldn't be too tough. I'll have to wait until the very last moment before I commit though. Let's see, 1 day driving down, one day driving around and then 1 day driving back....... 3 days driving in rainy weather with no protection, not my cup o' tea.

Chuck "Hygrophobic" Schaefer

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: July 8, 2011, 10:18 am 

Count me in. The only bad weekends for me are July 23,24 and Aug 27,28. I would really enjoy a day (or two) of blats around the area. My car is nowwhere near roadworthy but I have a couple of fun vehicles to choose from or if I'm real lucky, be a passenger in a locost :D

The "tail of the kitten", lived here quite a while and haven't heard of that one, this could be interesting!

PostPosted: July 8, 2011, 12:47 pm 

I have to be in Lexington Ohio on Friday the 22nd of July and could blast back down to Lexington KY Saturday the 23rd, probably arrive in time for lunch, then be there all day Sunday the 24th. Actually, that's my plan anyway, so if that doesn't work out for a LLL maybe we can find a local autocross?

PostPosted: July 17, 2011, 1:44 am 
Louisville's luckEseven Lauds Locosts

I'm in. Though I don't think there's even a remote chance my car will be running by then, I'll at least attend to catch up with everyone and kick some tires.

*Make way for the luckEseven!

PostPosted: July 18, 2011, 6:21 pm 

Do we have a date for this yet?

PostPosted: July 19, 2011, 1:41 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

No date yet...I been slackin', sorry.

This weekend is pretty tempting, though it might be hot as hades. I need a sound-off from the six folks who tested positive in the poll above. Can you make it this weekend? I'm game to lead a blat Saturday and another Sunday, or focus on making one of those days a big double-header. We can squeeze some shop tours in, too, but I'm going to steer us to the blacktop as much as I can.

There is an autocross in Lexington Sunday for those who are interested. I'd rather hit the back roads, but that's just me.

So, chime in ASAP. If there's abundant support, (and the wife is cool with it...she's asleep now), I'll make the call late Tuesday night. Otherwise, we'll fish out a date that gives everyone a few weeks notice to clear the honeydo's.

Weather is tenous, too...hot w/30% chance of rain...we'll watch that, too.

-dave

PostPosted: July 19, 2011, 5:34 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Okay...Saturday might be workable on the domestic front, and Sunday has full approval from She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed.

Who's in for 200 miles of Locostery this Sunday in Central Kentucky? I need to hear some chime-in TODAY, otherwise we'll put it off until more warning (and cooler temps) prevail. Speak up!

-dave

PostPosted: July 19, 2011, 6:49 pm 

I'm available Sunday! Though I won't be Locostering, I could follow along in my Subaru.

PostPosted: July 19, 2011, 7:24 pm 

Oh damn! I was just in Lexington last week for the Alfa Romeo convention. Amazing roads around there that I would love to drive in my 7. Mind you the ride down from Toronto in my brothers 69 Alfa spyder almost baked me inside out! And the ride home seemed even longer. I would imagine my 7 would cook my legs like bacon in those temps. I absolutely loved the area, beautiful country, great food, and friendly folk. Maybe if it happens later on I'll trailer down and join in.

Jimmy

PostPosted: July 20, 2011, 8:18 am 

dhempy wrote:
Who's in for 200 miles of Locostery this Sunday in Central Kentucky? I need to hear some chime-in TODAY, otherwise we'll put it off until more warning (and cooler temps) prevail. Speak up!
Sunday morn works good for me, I'm going to want a good night's sleep on Saturday, but sure, I'll be good for a couple more hundred miles.

PostPosted: July 20, 2011, 8:59 am 

Unfortunately I am headed out of town for a week and will miss out this weekend. I'm sure it will be a good time, have fun and I'm expecting lots of pics. I will have to catch the next one.

PostPosted: July 20, 2011, 1:07 pm 

Tardy again :oops:

If i can sneek a nap while on duty friday night, i'm game for a saturday visit to meet maximum milage. Sadly i'm going to wimp out on driving the se7en on account of our convection oven weather.
schedule is clear most saturdays in august, or the first weekend in september if it's cool and we can't coordinate sooner.

paul