LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 18, 2011, 2:13 am 

ooh, You've got my attention!

As I write this at 2am I'd like to say i'm game for a good drive exploring Kentucky's finer back roads and twisties!
I expect my limiting factor will be weather (as usual), wearing out after too much sun exposure. Right now the forecast looks like ~90 and partily cloudy.

What do the rest of you think?

cheers

PostPosted: August 18, 2011, 10:29 am 

I'd be up for the long drive that Dave posted. I've been on 89 from Irvine to McKee a few times on the bike and it's quite nice.

Starting time or place doesn't matter to me. Paul can choose since he is driving the fartherest to get here. I have the whole day free.

Looking forward to it!

PostPosted: August 18, 2011, 6:54 pm 

I'm leaning towards an early start. say 9:30 ish (or when i can reach lexington) to try and beat some of the afternoon heat.

you guy's name the place, it doesn't really make a difference to me - what's another mile ontop of an entire day of driving?

paul

PostPosted: August 18, 2011, 10:36 pm 
Louisville's luckEseven Lauds Locosts

I'm in for a cruise! I'll either be driving my STI or possibly an S2000. We'll see if the boss will let it go for the weekend...

*Make way for the luckEseven!

PostPosted: August 19, 2011, 8:20 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Okay...here's the plan:

We'll meet at Ramsey's at Tates Creek and Man-o-War at 9:00, departing at 10:00. (4053 Tates Creek Center, Lexington, KY 40517) I'll lead to Tail of the Kitten, Camp Nelson, and Richmond. We'll probably stop there for lunch, or maybe press through to Irvine to eat. JL - You want to lead after Richmond?

The approximate route: http://tinyurl.com/3txms74

I'm guessing this will be a 4-5 hour cruise, plus stops. That would put us back in Lex around 4 PM? Just a guess... There's an easy bail back from Richmond for anyone who needs to get back early.

My cell is 859-351-2363, but note that I don't answer it when I'm driving.

See you in the morning! There should be a few open passenger seats for anyone looking to hitch a ride.

-dave "blat blat blat" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: August 19, 2011, 9:40 am 
We are Slotus!

Hope y'all have a great time!
And... God bless you, Mr. Hempy!

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 19, 2011, 8:25 pm 
Louisville's luckEseven Lauds Locosts

Damn my luck. I guess I spoke too soon. My Mother-In-Law broke her arm in a fall today and therefore cannot watch my daughter tomorrow like I was originally hoping.

I hope you guys are safe and have a great time. Unfortunately I'll be unable to attend :cry:

*Make way for the luckEseven!

PostPosted: August 19, 2011, 9:05 pm 

bummer
if you'd like to see my se7en sometime, PM me

P

PostPosted: August 19, 2011, 10:40 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear it, Emile. I hope it's not too bad, and that her recovery is swift!

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: August 23, 2011, 10:20 am 

Comrads: many thanks to Dave for instigating last weeks blat!

Hands down, the 12hrs and 350mi Saturday was the most time I've spent in my birkin in one day. I set out driving through heavy fog all the way to Lexington. Despite the low visibility, this was the coolest drive i've had in months.

After a cup of joe and brekkie to start the day we headed out, starting with the kitten.

We next followed scenic back roads towards Richmond, until encountering techical difficulties.
Attachment:
DSC_3987_web.JPG

Attachment:
DSC_3984_web.JPG

Attachment:
DSC_3981_web.JPG

After gasing up and refuling on Nathan's famous candy bars. We headed south to follow rt 89 through the mountains.

Keeping things intersting, my engine developed a concerning knock by the second leg of our trip. After everything checked out during a roadside inspection we continued through McKee and back to Lexington.

Further inspection confirmed the knocking was my sump guard's agony after taking one for the team on the back roads.
Attachment:
DSC_4009_web.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: August 26, 2011, 12:05 am 

Holy Cow! Is that what passes for 7 type roads in your part of the country! Those roads look more suitable for a rally or 4 x 4's :D Sounds like it was a fun day and that's what it's all about.

Ron