LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 26, 2024, 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: May 31, 2015, 11:57 pm 

Cliff,

Glad you and Carolyn made it home safely. So sorry I couldn't attend. I truly missed seeing you folk.

I just couldn't pass up the 'Gotcha' opportunity. I understand it went as planned 8<)

Cheers and hopefully next year.

PostPosted: June 1, 2015, 9:18 am 

I do plan to let everyone know what went wrong. It's just that things look pretty busy this week, so I don't know when I'll be able to take the car apart.

From the sounds it makes, it does sound serious.

Bill

PostPosted: June 1, 2015, 3:42 pm 

Wow, so much fun!

Thank you everyone for your fantastic participation, great stories, sense of humour, and the truly awesome thank you card.
Brenda and I were unbelievably surprised when we opened it up. Thank you everyone! Thank you!

After everyone left, Brenda took the stalker and drove it around for a short while... Getting back on the horse, so to speak. She's ready for next year. I'm hoping to get her to an AutoX later this year, or early next spring. Should be fun!

PostPosted: June 1, 2015, 6:29 pm 

Why, you may ask why we do this?
We do this just for a few days leaving our daily life behind
To feel the sunshine upon our face
To feel the wind blow through our hair
To taste a new brew or the local great dish
Some time to see what others have done to vehicles.
Some time to share laughter or sadness within the past year.
Some time to for new enthusiasts to see and experience.
Some time to drive, eat, drink, or vacation’s fun with friends!
B. Schwartz

PostPosted: June 1, 2015, 11:15 pm 

Made it home with only one stop by a highway patrol. Thank you for a great 2015 gathering! Thank you Bill, Chris, and Harry for the rides. Thank you Russ for the trials bike tips. And a special thanks goes to Brent and Brenda for setting up the event. I cant wait till next year! Sorry to hear about your car Bill. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

PostPosted: June 2, 2015, 12:49 pm 

I am glad you all had a good time and wish I could have been there. Any chance you can post some pictures of the event for those of who couldn't make it?

Chris
Build: NA Miata based +221 Se7en

PostPosted: June 2, 2015, 4:37 pm 

FieroReinke wrote:
I am glad you all had a good time and wish I could have been there. Any chance you can post some pictures of the event for those of who couldn't make it?

You were missed.
Please PM me your address. The previous hosts received a small gift and three previous hosts were not there. Pic will most likely start pouring in over the weekend once everyone has a chance to decompress.

PostPosted: June 2, 2015, 6:54 pm 

Still have 3 shirts size XL TShirts $15/each if any interest PM me.

Last edited by historicalmom on June 3, 2015, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 3, 2015, 10:38 am 

Hello All from Darrell and Kathy

Made it home with no issues on Monday evening after Sunday overnight with friends in Minneapolis. It was nice to break up the trip home as the Spit's 40 yr. old seat padding wasn't getting any thicker, not to mention the other seat padding which is half again that old.
As for the event, any and all expectations were completely blown away! Great people, great cars, great roads, great food, great venue, and fine weather!(we dodged the worst of it)
Special thanks to Brent and Brenda for planning and hosting the gathering. you were very friendly and welcoming to us newbies, as were all the participants. We really enjoyed the rides with Brent and Chris, as well as the innovation and craft evident in all the cars. I really love talking to "gearheads". These are a great source of inspiration as our build proceeds. Kathy has a fund raising auction on at the gallery this Friday, so pictures from the gathering may not be available until next week. I'm not sure if she discussed the best method of sharing with anyone, but I'm thinking maybe flicker? Ideas?
Well, I have to make a run back to the border today to pick up brake rotors for the rest of the fleet which we couldn't shoehorn into the Spit on the way home. I can hear Willie singing "On the road again"
Sorry to hear about your troubles Bill, hope it's not too severe.
Thanks again to all for a great experience!
TTYS

PostPosted: June 3, 2015, 12:06 pm 

4bybusa wrote:
Hello All from Darrell and Kathy

Made it home with no issues on Monday evening after Sunday overnight with friends in Minneapolis. It was nice to break up the trip home as the Spit's 40 yr. old seat padding wasn't getting any thicker, not to mention the other seat padding which is half again that old.
As for the event, any and all expectations were completely blown away! Great people, great cars, great roads, great food, great venue, and fine weather!(we dodged the worst of it)
Special thanks to Brent and Brenda for planning and hosting the gathering. you were very friendly and welcoming to us newbies, as were all the participants. We really enjoyed the rides with Brent and Chris, as well as the innovation and craft evident in all the cars. I really love talking to "gearheads". These are a great source of inspiration as our build proceeds. Kathy has a fund raising auction on at the gallery this Friday, so pictures from the gathering may not be available until next week. I'm not sure if she discussed the best method of sharing with anyone, but I'm thinking maybe flicker? Ideas?
Well, I have to make a run back to the border today to pick up brake rotors for the rest of the fleet which we couldn't shoehorn into the Spit on the way home. I can hear Willie singing "On the road again"
Sorry to hear about your troubles Bill, hope it's not too severe.
Thanks again to all for a great experience!

TTYS

Thank You, glad to know that you had a great time. Never know where the next gathering will be, for the hosts need to volunteer and plan out itinerary. We like to remain open for visitors and participants to assure unique individual and combined experiences. Hope to see you two at another event. No hurry on pictures. Quite a number of pics just get posted here.
Historicalmom

PostPosted: June 3, 2015, 2:33 pm 

Figured out my minor steering play issue (had a slight deflection when I hit the brakes). I thought it was the steering rack but it turned out to be the tie-rod-end mounting bolt. Fixed and ready to go.

Still lots of thinking to do about what I'm going to do about a car for the next year or two. It was great talking to everyone about the pros and cons of keeping the Stalker vs going to a Birkin, vs going to a Locost... :-)

Brent

PostPosted: June 6, 2015, 2:06 pm 

Link to our photos

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=28591

1. Due to Sat. rain we were unable to circle around the Mississippi. There are some images we were unable to see, but I'd taken pictures of earlier.
2. Somehow my images of people did not turn out well. I did not post.
:cheers:

PostPosted: June 12, 2015, 6:59 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
Perhaps A) You had the wide angle lens on the camera or B) You SHOULD have had the wide angle lens on the camera or C) Take pictures of prettier people... :rofl:

Thanks for the photos! Looks like a good time was had by all...

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: June 13, 2015, 7:07 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Quote:
Perhaps A) You had the wide angle lens on the camera or B) You SHOULD have had the wide angle lens on the camera or C) Take pictures of prettier people... :rofl:

Thanks for the photos! Looks like a good time was had by all...

Someone needs to look at whole image so that heads are not chopped off.
So...you think you're one of those "prettier people". Everyone is welcome to join us at a Gathering.
Everyone said they had a good time. Should Join us some time. Waiting to hear where next year.
Hoping others will begin posting photos. Hate to just see "things". For us it is a time to share friendship and create great times.

PostPosted: June 13, 2015, 11:49 pm 

I just took pictures of parts of cars. If your into a build its a great place to see how others have worked their magic on these chassis. Very cool to see the individualism and craftsmanship.

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next