LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kansas City Gathering
PostPosted: August 21, 2008, 2:43 pm 

Well one week to go till the August 29-31 Midwest Se7ens gathering. We have twelve 7’s of all types coming plus the possibility for 3 or 4 more. So if you live in the Midwest or even elsewhere you should come. Hell, the show on Sunday the 31st is located at Kansas City International Airport. You could land and walk to it. If you are interested please contact me ASAP because I need to get the BBQ for Saturday night ordered. Russ

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21, 2008, 5:00 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Can't wait Russ...my VIN was issued today so I am PUMPED!!!

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 21, 2008, 5:56 pm 

Cool beans, Dave. It is going to be one he** of a party. Russ

PostPosted: September 1, 2008, 1:44 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Two words sum up the weekend: THANK YOU!!! :-D

Thanks to everyone who came, showed, shared and drove. I cannot imagine a better way to spend a weekend. Of all the people I met this weekend, each one was nicer and more genuine than the next. The cars were inspiring, the food fantastic, and the planning went off perfectly. I got to ride in and drive a handful of 7's, each with so much to teach and show off I was in heaven!

Then the show on Sunday was British Overload! Talk about floating on a cloud. To think I worried about being a burden, by bringing my "ugly project" in amongst the jewels...I talked to person after person who walked away with a, "I can do that!" expression on their face. Hopefully we collectively snared a few more suckers (correction...*enthusiasts*) into our little hobby.

I know I'm not telling you all anything you don't know about our host, Russ, but man-o-man...WHAT A GREAT GUY! Russ, you really run an orderly ship and you bowled me over with your hospitality and generosity. I can't say it any more simply than this:

THANK YOU, RUSS!

Cheers,
-dave

ps. Jack and I got safely home around 4 AM this morning. Word to the wise: fuel up before crossing eastern Illinois on I-64 at night! I had to put on my sunglasses since the low fuel light doesn't dim with the rest of the dash. ;-) We didn't run out, but those last 35 miles were tense ones!

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Last edited by dhempy on September 2, 2008, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 2, 2008, 4:51 pm 

I took a couple of days off to recoup after the Midwest Se7ens Gathering. And that is why I have not answered any of your wonderful emails and posts. Putting on this event was THE highlight of my Se7en ownership. It was a lot of hard work but it was worth every hour that I put into it. Meeting all of you great people, going on our spirited blat, the BBQ, and the car show were all too great to describe. I feel like I have 30 new, and very close, friends. I hope to see some of you again before the National Se7ens Meet in Branson in 2009 but if not I will see you there. They are going to need lots of volunteers to help organize and run it so please contact Al Navarro at usa7s.com to put your name in the hat. Also if you did not have a Se7en this year get off the damn computer and get out in the garage and get to work!!!!!! Russ “still tired” Amos
ps: Cliff, I did sit down for 4 hours yesterday in my truck as I drove to Trenton, Mo.(2 hour drive each way) to start sitting up for our motorcycle trials on Sep20-21.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4, 2008, 8:53 pm 

Hey Guys!! I finally got a few pics loaded to ImageCave of the event...There are lots more pics but I am out of room they tell me.
I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and Russ is an incredible host!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/jdgar0649/7_Gathering_2008_KC/

Joe Garrison
Crescent, OK

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4, 2008, 10:28 pm 

A few more photos. Quite a variety from Caternams, Locosts in different stages, a Westy, a few Stalkers, the funky Dutton. I think one of Jack extricating himself from the Hempy creation, one of Hempy and Jack standing over the Dutton (see what happens when a Lotus 7 series 4 and a Meyers Manx colide). Also two series 2 Lotus sevens. Russ was the man for putting it together and giving everyone a handmade (by Russ) plaque, nicest one I have ever received.
[IMG]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk229/miles50_bucket/DSCN0276.jpg[/

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4, 2008, 10:31 pm 

One more pic. Cant leave it out. Jack and the Hempy creation. spy photos.