LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: May 28, 2010, 8:24 am 

I could swing June 12 better then July 3 weekend. My bike trip got moved to June 12-20 but I can easily leave late Saturday or early Sunday for that. Can't wait to meet up.

Not sure if there is any interest or time, but my humble workshop is open for visits while everyone is here in Lexington.

PostPosted: May 29, 2010, 4:44 am 

My bondo won't be dry by the 12th but the 3rd would work for me...I'm shooting for the Midwest Se7ens Gathering and LLL as a double header (and it's too long a trip to just make one of them). If it ends up changing to the 12th, I'll see y'all another time.

PostPosted: June 3, 2010, 10:28 am 

Got a date set yet?

PostPosted: June 3, 2010, 11:23 pm 

I live just east of Bedford IN Let us know what date I'm a newby just got an 80% book frame welded. Saw the originals race at Laguna Seca in the 60's been wanting to build one ever since. Good luck on your event

PostPosted: June 4, 2010, 12:59 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Well, June is getting all kinds of busy, after a plenty-busy May.

I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to push back to summer or fall. Sorry gang...I'll miss it more than anyone else, I assure you.

Of course, I'm here and will welcome anyone passing through Lex. You'll get a ride for sure, and a nice tour of the shop.

Watch for an update in a month or three.

Of course, if any other Lexington/Kentucky/east-central US builders want to host a lounge, you're welcome to hijack this thread and carry the torch. Heck, you hold it, and I'll show up!

-dave "cop out" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: June 4, 2010, 6:28 pm 

Early August would work great for me--I'm in a race leaving Iowa on August 15.

PostPosted: July 7, 2010, 2:40 pm 

Keep me posted if you have decided on a date.

PostPosted: July 8, 2010, 1:36 pm 

Bowdiddley wrote:
Keep me posted if you have decided on a date.

same heare I'm darn near roadworthy and a date may give me inspiration to put the lights on. email me at greilly@usa.m3.com with a date. thanks.

PostPosted: July 8, 2010, 3:03 pm 

I'm not in charge here, I'm just looking at my dance card and my body project, and seeing as I plan to be in Iowa for Rally Green on Aug 14...how would August 8 work for an LLL?

PostPosted: July 8, 2010, 8:54 pm 

I could come on August 8th. My car is not street legal but I would trailer it down just to look at.

Ralph

PostPosted: July 9, 2010, 11:19 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Hmm...There's an SCCA autocross in Lexington Sunday, August 8. (Actually in Richmond, 12 miles away)

Show of hands--who would show up for a Lexington Locost Lounge on Saturday, August 7?

Would you want to go for a blat or two? We have gobs of beautifully scenic twisty/turnies around here. Sevens encouraged, every car is welcome. If there's interest, I'll plan out some nice courses.

We could blat some more on Sunday, if there's interest, or folks could go attack the cones.

August is unbearably hot and muggy. But, it will be with or without a get-together, so why not?

Chime in with: likelihood; if you're driving/towing a seven; if you prefer garage time/drives/autocross; if you can't come that weekend but would another.

We can also spend some time on the lathe and mill if anyone has a small project needing attention.

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: July 10, 2010, 1:30 am 

i cant say i would be there for sure but i'm only about 6 hours out and would love to come to see and get ideas for another event.
if i can make it, there isnt a better weekend than any other for me so whenever.

also my 7 isnt anywhere near done but i'd bring the old school RX7 if thats all ok.

as for activites, i'm up for anything from garage time to autocross.

mitsu 4g63 powered 442e - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7317&start=0

PostPosted: July 10, 2010, 3:31 pm 

:headbang: :yay: I'm attempting to show a hand, these two smileys are the closest.

So...I'm very likely and would stick around for an autocross (I'll bring a sleeping bag), not that my car (32 hp and the original tires off the '83 Corolla wagon donor) would be worth driving in it.

PostPosted: July 11, 2010, 4:34 am 

I will try to be there with my Seven. I'll have to run it by the wife first..........

Dean Koontz

PostPosted: July 15, 2010, 2:23 am 

so is this definitely a go for the 7-8th?
and whats the suggestions for the out of towners for sleep? any cheap but clean motels(or brothels with overnight amenities :shock: ) or we all sleeping in dave's front yard (again :shock: )

i believe SteyrTMP(nate) and myself are hoping to come. him in the Jeep with 7 in tow and me in the rx7

mitsu 4g63 powered 442e - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7317&start=0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next