LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: July 16, 2010, 12:02 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Well, alrighty then...we've got a date! Plan on being here Saturday, August 7th for Lounge Proper. If you want to fill the whole weekend, stick around for Sunday and get your fill.

I'll open the doors of the shop all day, and perhaps we'll get an invite from one of the other local builders (JL1, Pook, Rivera...) to see what's brewing in their skunkworks as well.

Depending on our mix of road-worthy vehicles (Locost or otherwise), a blat or two are definitely in order. I'll come up with at couple of courses to run. Maybe one to lunch, another to dinner? We've got an endless supply of fun, twisty roads to get lost on. (Said another way, we've got a complete lack of straight roads!)

Sunday there is an autocross in town, for those so inclined. Or we can stick with blatting...did I mention there's no shortage of destinations around? :-D

Time for a role call. Post here if you're coming for Saturday or the whole weekend, and what your interests are. (Or PM me if you're shy. Or just surprise us if you like popping out of birthday cakes.)

Here's a template to use:

There's a [X%] chance I'll be there, along with my [lovely wife][faithful dog][parole officer].
I'll be there [Saturday] [Sunday].
I'll be [driving][towing][not bringing] my [street legal][track-only][under-construction] ______.
The one thing I'm most interested in is [blats][social hour][shop time][my first ride][autocross][lunch][other].
I'm also interested in [blats][social hour][shop time][my first ride][autocross][lunch][other].
I don't care too much about [blats][social hour][shop time][autocross][lunch][politics].

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: July 16, 2010, 12:07 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Me first!

There's a 100% chance I'll be there, along with my lovely wife, Janine.
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.
I'll be driving my street legal Locost Seven.
The one thing I'm most interested in is blats.
I'm also interested in social hour, lunch, shop time.
I don't care too much about politics.

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

PostPosted: July 16, 2010, 1:47 pm 

im planning on towing my seven again, this time with my wife. id say 85 % chance--as long as I can afford the gas to get there. we'd be there saturday, and id like to hit the parking lot again. well be around for lunch, maybe some shop time and bs session. looking to fill the jeep in case anyone from the cleveland/youngstown area wants to chip in.

Dean Koontz

PostPosted: July 16, 2010, 6:03 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

SteyrTMP wrote:
im planning on towing my seven again, this time with my wife.

She sounds like a strong woman!

-dave "fast, too" hempy

PostPosted: July 16, 2010, 10:27 pm 
Locostering Legend

There's a 70% chance I'll be there; by my lonesome. 600 miles each way. Valentine One ..check. No travel in VA...check.
I'll travel Friday, will be there Saturday, with return Sunday AM.
I'll be flying down.....in the Boxster; will not be bringing my street legal Locost 7, nor my replica of an exposed frame, mid engined roadster with a vigorously protected, trademarked name.
The one thing I'm most interested in is shop(s) time. Pook??
I'm also interested in blats and social hour.
I don't care too much about politics.

PostPosted: July 17, 2010, 12:44 am 

There's a 50% chance I'll be there, along with me my self, and I. leading or trailing nate(steryTMP) in the jeep :D
I'll be there mid day Sat and Sun. i work friday and not sure when i'll leave northeast ohio
I'll be driving/riding my mazda rx7/suzuki sv1000. weather and physical condition(mine and car's) dependent on which.
The one thing I'm most interested in is blats.
I'm also interested in blats, social hour, shop time, lunch, dinner, and taco bell fourth meal?. maybe the autocross if i am with the rx. it would be my first.
I don't care too much about discussing politics. anything else is good to do.

also no mention of sleeping areas. i'm not much of a camper so a seedy motel is good to me but to others what should be prepared? or what area should we focus on hotel/motels?

mitsu 4g63 powered 442e - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7317&start=0

PostPosted: July 18, 2010, 6:17 pm 

There's a [94.7%] chance I'll be there, along with my [partially completed Lola-like body].
I'll be there [Saturday] [Sunday][three more days getting ready for a cross-country race].
I'll be [driving] my [street legal][under-construction] Locost/Lalo/Lowla?.
The one thing I'm most interested in is [shop time].
I'm also interested in [blats][social hour][autocross].
I don't care too much about [lunch][politics].

Last edited by JackMcCornack on July 19, 2010, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 18, 2010, 10:28 pm 

Hey there:

I have about a 90% chance of attending. (alone -- wife is not too interested (yet)) ..
Both Saturday and Sunday
Will NOT be driving the Locost (because it is not finished!) (Miata-based, street legal)
Most interested in shop time and just talking with the experts about their builds (to get some good tips)
Also interested in just having a good time!

- Dan (Columbus OH area)

PostPosted: July 19, 2010, 4:06 pm 

There's a 90% chance I'll be there by myself.
I'll be there Saturday & Sunday.
I'll be driving my street legal S2000 or maybe the CBR 600.
I'm most interested in shop time and blats.
I'm also interested in social hour and autocross (as a spectator/passenger).
I don't care about politics at all.

If there's interest or time, visitors are welcome to my garage/workshop to look over my build. I'm about 15-20 min from Dave's house across town. Nothing too exciting, your typical pile of parts and tubes that sort of resembles a car if your squint just right.

PostPosted: July 21, 2010, 9:28 am 

Dave, I'm sorry to say I won't be able to make it. Hopefully I'll get to the Fourth LLL.

So my form would look something like:

There's a -3% chance I'll be there, along with my teeth.
I'll be there next year.
I'll be driving, towing or pushing my street legal Locost.(next year)
The one thing I'm most interested in is seeing other's & their cars. (next year)
I'm also interested in blats; social hour; shop time; autocross (next year)
I don't care too much about biology.

Consider this the first application for the 2012 LLL.

Enjoy, everybody.

Anybody travelling to or from the 3rd LLL thru the Chicago suburbs is welcome to stop by for a brew and bench racing. Drop me a PM.

Chuck

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: July 21, 2010, 9:58 am 

so here comes the cancelations. i'm out. i'm pretty much getting laid off i found out so not likely going to have the funds.

and SteyrTMP got in a car accident last night. he's ok but i would bet he's out too

sorry for ditching out at last minute:(

mitsu 4g63 powered 442e - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7317&start=0

PostPosted: July 27, 2010, 7:19 pm 

Dave
There's a 99% chance I will be there.
I will be there Saturday and maybe Sunday.
I will be towing my track only locost 7.
I am most interested socal hour.
I am also interested in blats if I can get a ride with someone,autocross and lunch.
I don't like to talk politics.

Ralph

PostPosted: July 28, 2010, 12:35 am 

Well dang...I'll drop by Lexington to say hi some time in mid-September, but with one week before my departure date for LLL3, I haven't checked off enough of the necessary items to be able to hit the road on a long journey. I can see it's going to be close on Rally Green, in fact.

I've been slaving away...not even time for a progress report...but i guess I have time now.

PostPosted: July 28, 2010, 2:05 pm 

I'm looking into it. about 30-50% chance I can make it. Locost Car is roadworthy but not registerd so I'd ride my Ducati. Looks like 11 hours of drive time each way, so it may not work out for that reason. Looking into flying to Cincinatti, and driving down with my buddy and staying in his cabin near Moorehead. If that works then that would be the best. Ill keep you posted. Gene

PostPosted: July 28, 2010, 9:46 pm 

There's a 73% chance I'll be there on Saturday.
I'll be driving my minivan with my family, (who will be heading on to the inlaws.)
The one thing I'm most interested in is shop time.
I'm also interested in social hour, lunch, blats.

Sam (from Xenia near Dayton OH)

31July10 Looks like work and building a house will be taking over the weekend :( 73=>0.4
Hopefully next year!

Last edited by S27sam on July 31, 2010, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next