LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: AWD Locost?
PostPosted: February 12, 2013, 12:02 pm 

I think what you just described is a LT230 tcase on a smaller scale. The ouput of the tranny goes into the tcase, the tcase input has a gear on the end that meshes with the tcase differential that turns the front and rear drive shafts and if one wanted to, the center diff can be replaced with an ATB (torsen) diff. The big drawback is the tcase is big and it has a passenger side drop which wouldn't be bad for a standard front engine layout but for what I want to do, rear mid engine, it puts the tcase in the drivers seat. I guess I'd need a transmission tunnel about 18-24" wide to make it work or clock the tcase 180 degrees and do away with the passenger seat.

PostPosted: December 6, 2013, 1:30 pm 

Looks like the price of nv225s have come down a bit since the last time I looked so this may be a possibility...
The transmission that the nv225 tcase sits behind in the rover is a GM 5l40e that I know has a 27 spline output shaft and I'm hoping that the output shaft has the standard GM 27 spline shaft, same as the t5, t56, etc. What that means is all that is needed is an adapter plate and its more compact and driver side drop(passenger side in mid engine layout) and a 50/50 torque split.

PostPosted: December 6, 2013, 1:48 pm 

phongshader wrote:
Looks like the price of nv225s have come down a bit since the last time I looked so this may be a possibility...
The transmission that the nv225 tcase sits behind in the rover is a GM 5l40e that I know has a 27 spline output shaft and I'm hoping that the output shaft has the standard GM 27 spline shaft, same as the t5, t56, etc. What that means is all that is needed is an adapter plate and its more compact and driver side drop(passenger side in mid engine layout) and a 50/50 torque split.

Interesting update. I will have to go look at the nv225 case

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20