LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 22, 2011, 12:18 pm 

EDIT:
Ok folks, update and PRICE DROP!

My wife might be getting a job offer, so we there is a chance we'll be heading to San Fran a bit earlier so it has really lit the fire under my ass to get this sold.

I'm looking to sell this car for $10,500 bucks.

Trailer is still available, and now for an extra $2,000. I'm even willing to deliver up to about a 10 hour drive.

Pass it on to your buds!

For sale, one off 1967 Lotus 7 replica with Miata drive train – 50 miles!

This is a completed, running and drivable 1967 Lotus 7 replica built by myself and WM Motorworks over the course of the last few years. The frame was a one off build from Coveland Motorsports in upstate NY based on the CMC design. This is the only known round tube frame built by Coveland, and incorporates a full roll cage. Total weight with a full tank of gas comes to 1520lbs, half the weight of a typical sports car.

The drive train is a 1.8 liter Mazda Miata engine, LSD and 5 speed trans from a 1996 Miata that I purchased as a donor for this build.

All of the parts not salvaged from the Miata donor are brand new, including:
- Wilwood floor mounted dual reservoir brake pedal and single reservoir clutch pedal
- QA1 Promastar Coilovers: 9’’ 500lb springs up front, 12’’ 300lb springs out back
- Longacre switch console: On, Ignition, Fuel pump, E-Fan
- Auto Meter Phantom gauges: rpm, mph, oil temp., oil pressure, water temp., fuel
- Kirkey Aluminum 15’’ drag fixed back seats and Kirkey seat covers
- 2009 SFI Rated G-Force 6-Point harnesses with cam-lock release
- JEGS 8 gallon fuel cell with foam insert
- Carbotech XP8 pads front and rear (car uses ’96 Miata brake caliper and rotors)
- NRG steering wheel quick release with 320mm leather wrapped steering wheel
- Color matching front Lotus badge
- Moroso 94050 muffler
- Kinetic Vehicles rear fenders
- Britax Caterham taillights
- Master kill switch mounted in rear of car
- Rear mounted battery and custom battery cover
-I/O Port Mirrors
-I/O Port Seat Brace

The paintjob was done by WM Motorworks, a shop primarily specializing in Factory Five Cobra builds, it is ‘Sassy Grass Green’ from the 1971 Plymouth Cuda. It is a matte finish, along with the matte black Lotus 7 stripe going down the car.

The car has not been made street legal but it is a set of lights, bumpers and a windshield (included with sale, not installed) away from a DMV inspection to having its VIN issued. Included with sale is the Certificate of Origin to register the car and due to meticulous record keeping, all receipts surrounding the build.

This 7 does need the suspension sorted through, for any questions please feel free to contact me to go over everything. In short an alignment, bump steer correction and bushing sleeve on rear LCA would have this car ready for all the fun you can throw at it.

A 2009 7x12 American Hauler Nighthawk series enclosed trailer with a single axle, trailer brakes, full size spare, interior lights, and electric winch is also available for sale with the 7. If you’re going to tow around a car like this it is nice to have it covered from the elements and being an enclosed trailer, it doubles as secure storage. The trailer was just registered at the beginning of June and has less than 1000 miles under its wheels.

It is with a heavy heart that I’ve decided to part ways with this 4 year long love affair, but with moving to the West Coast in the next month I will not have the time or space to keep up with ownership. Please feel free to email with any and all questions.

The car is located in Scotch Plains, NJ and I would be willing to deliver the car & trailer within a reasonable distance.

Please note this is not a "locost" build, there is over $20,000 invested in this build and 4 years of getting her where she is. That said I know these cars are for true enthusiasts and have a small market:
- I am asking $13k without the trailer.
- With the enclosed 7x12 trailer the total is $16k.

Thank you.

-Ryan

Driving video:

Certificate of Origin and all documents of build

Trailer:

Last edited by Proj217 on July 13, 2011, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 23, 2011, 8:07 am 

Best of luck! Good to see someone was able to get that far with a Coveland pile of parts.

PostPosted: June 27, 2011, 7:25 pm 

mcfandango wrote:
Best of luck! Good to see someone was able to get that far with a Coveland pile of parts.

Thanks friend. It wouldn't have been able to get done without your help.

I'm sad to be selling but with the cross country move it's the smart move for now.

It's up on ebay, but I'd really love for it to go to someone connected with this forum, I know you guys would give it the home it deserves. Any help is greatly appreciated, we're itching to make our 6 week cross country drive!!!

PostPosted: June 28, 2011, 9:37 am 

I expect you've considered it, but you really ought to tow your car out to CA with you. Once you get here, you'll kick yourself for selling it once you see the roads and year-round driving weather.

PostPosted: June 28, 2011, 1:42 pm 

YOU COULD PROBABLY SHIP IT IN THE TRAILER FOR AROUND $500

AL :chev:

PostPosted: June 29, 2011, 8:49 pm 

rzempel wrote:
I expect you've considered it, but you really ought to tow your car out to CA with you. Once you get here, you'll kick yourself for selling it once you see the roads and year-round driving weather.

Hey guys,

Yep, I've definitely weighed the options and while trailering it is just one headache of moving her across country. The bigger headache is that I wouldn't have the space for it (would need to rent), wouldn't have the time to maintain her (need to find jobs, get apartment, get life started, etc) and the trailering thing is getting old. I'm actually going to be selling my SUV and trailer too once the 7 is sold just to get a easy-peasy car to daily drive and occasionally take to the track without needing much more than tires and brakes swapped.

Thanks for the interest!

-Ryan

PostPosted: July 5, 2011, 2:41 pm 

Hope all had a good 4th...up on ebay, she be:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 836wt_1167

PostPosted: July 6, 2011, 2:16 pm 

I have wanted a Coveland Miata build, but probably not get in my lifetime. I have a 32 foot ketch setting in SoCal, wanna trade?

PostPosted: July 6, 2011, 4:05 pm 

halwenk wrote:
I have wanted a Coveland Miata build, but probably not get in my lifetime. I have a 32 foot ketch setting in SoCal, wanna trade?

My sailing experience is limited to captaining my own kayak lol

PostPosted: July 13, 2011, 9:26 am 

Ok folks, update and PRICE DROP!

My wife might be getting a job offer, so we there is a chance we'll be heading to San Fran a bit earlier so it has really lit the fire under my ass to get this sold.

I'm looking to sell this car for $10,500 bucks.

Trailer is still available, and now for an extra $2,000. I'm even willing to deliver up to about a 10 hour drive.

Pass it on to your buds!

PostPosted: July 13, 2011, 4:43 pm 

New photos just taken.

PostPosted: July 14, 2011, 4:42 pm 

The sailboat is a beauty and it sleeps five, you could live on it up in Sausalito. That Coveland Miata would give a rush almost as great as a tack across SF Bay. Best of luck with the move, have enjoyed your posts.
H.Wenk

PostPosted: July 18, 2011, 11:13 am 

Thanks so much again for the offer bud, if it was a C5Z or some other fun car I'd probably take ya up on it, but right now I'm a landbased mammal only :D

Up on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 981wt_1167

5% of the final sale will be donated to the ASPCA
-on ebay or off I'll gladly still make the donation. So get bidding and help puppies will ya.

In all seriousness, make an offer because I really don't want to trailer across the country considering we want to take a bit of a winding route (family and friends in DC, Texas, Colorado, Utah, etc that we plan to visit) and getting 10MPG across 4,500 miles would really not be fun.

-Ryan

PostPosted: July 21, 2011, 11:41 pm 

Ebay ends tomorrow (again)...get bidding you cheap bastards :D C'mon, who doesn't want to help out the ASPCA a bit too?

PostPosted: July 29, 2011, 11:40 pm 

Sold. Mods feel free to close up the thread. Thanks all.

PS - I will still be donating 5% of the final sale, though we will be doing it to the San Francisco SPCA once we get out west. Gotta show love for our furry friends.