LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 19, 2024, 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 2:14 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
as always, a pleasure being a satellite member of Team Slotus!

Ha! Does dat mean you is orbiting around here somewhere??? Do ya go "beep-beep-beep" too??? :roll:

Actually, I'm quite pleased that anybody wants to be a member of Team Slotus! It's sort of like the old Groucho Marx joke about "I wouldn't want to join a club that would have me as a member!" :rofl:

Thanks for comin' by, Krepus, and come on back any time!
Regards-
JD

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 7:32 pm 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Team Slotus-
As several of y'all have pointed out, the footbox on the Slotus is perilously close to the exhaust header. Some have expressed concern over this issue, but I'm not sure if they were more worried about my comfort and safety, or just how bad my feet might smell if they got too hot... :ack:

Truth be told, I shared both of these concerns. :shock: Well, James, the Main Munchkin of Slotus Engineering, has solved the problem in grand locost style. The other night, he came by and dropped of not one, but two squirrel-cage blowers out of an Escape hybrid--

OK, I've tried three times to upload a picture of the blowers, and I keep getting a message about "File is invalid" or some such!?!?!?!? WTF, Over? I re-sent the picture from my phone to the computer, even. It's a .jpg, like always, and only 1122 KBytes, well below the 2KB limit... :BH:

So, you're gonna have to take my word for it, I gots two blowers to ventilate my footbox... I'll post pictures one O' these days, I guess... :ack:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 8:53 pm 
Toyotaphobe

rx7locost wrote:
Did anybody else see the similarities?

Do you mean between the drawings or between JD?

I'd say the itty bitty little weeney type thing hanging between the legs of the goat DOES resemble JD, but I'm not telling how I know.

Ain't the internet a wonderful invention?! :lol:

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 9:28 pm 
We are Slotus!

carguy123 wrote:
rx7locost wrote:
Did anybody else see the similarities?

I'd say the itty bitty little weeney type thing hanging between the legs of the goat DOES resemble JD, but I'm not telling how I know.

Geeze, Carguy, what'd I ever do to you????

PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 9:59 pm 
The voice of reason

I like James' razor focus and attention to detail. You guys are liek "It runs, let's go dancing!". He's all like "How come it stopped". He can work on my car or give advice anytime. If he can get over using those itsy, bitsy, tiny, little cutsey tools and having to break for tea periodically.

I'm glad we have wifi because I'm out in the doghouse now, after waking the whole family last nite playing those videos.

The smoke rising from the motor is also a good effect. You can keep that up by coating your headers in motor oil or ATF after running. Plus your headers might last longer.

Should be easy to shield your footwell, an extra layer of sheet metal with an air gap, like they use over Cat converters.

PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 10:12 pm 

BIG, BIG-TIME, CONGRATULATIONS!

It even sounded great in video 1, but then James fixed it for video 2 :mrgreen:

Naw, James deserves a great big "atta boy" for all he has done to help you. This is huge.

One day, JD, one day, I'll be there too.

Best,

Lonnie

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 10:47 pm 

hey Chuck where did you get that picture of my ex?

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: May 15, 2012, 11:31 pm 
Toyotaphobe

GonzoRacer wrote:
carguy123 wrote:

Geeze, Carguy, what'd I ever do to you????

Nothin', but that's cause I'm fast! I run on all 4 cylinders - at the same time!!! You need 8 just to get 3 going at once.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: May 16, 2012, 12:32 am 

Nice way from keeping your toes from frying JD..but how did you teach them there squirrels to blow on the cages ? are they special blowing squirrels..i wouldnt tell too many people you have squirrels in cages giving your feet blowjobs :shock: :shock:

Kiwi Dave :wink:

PostPosted: May 16, 2012, 12:37 am 

Faster Faster my feet are getting Hot :shock: :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 16, 2012, 7:19 am 
We are Slotus!

horizenjob wrote:
I like James' razor focus and attention to detail. You guys are liek "It runs, let's go dancing!". He's all like "How come it stopped". He can work on my car or give advice anytime. If he can get over using those itsy, bitsy, tiny, little cutsey tools and having to break for tea periodically.

I'm glad we have wifi because I'm out in the doghouse now, after waking the whole family last nite playing those videos.

The smoke rising from the motor is also a good effect. You can keep that up by coating your headers in motor oil or ATF after running. Plus your headers might last longer.

Should be easy to shield your footwell, an extra layer of sheet metal with an air gap, like they use over Cat converters.

Yo, Marcus!
Hey Buddy! Good to hear from you. How are accommodations in that doghouse? Got enough blankets and pillows? :rofl:

James is a professional mechanic, it might be the one thing he takes seriously... I was totally pleased that the thang ran at all, he wanted it to run correctly. And with him around, it will! 8)

I've been trying to remember, but I think we put a bit of oil down the spark-plug holes before we bagged the motor up at Mikey's shop last winter. Keeps the rust down, doncha know... Motor was also running "Pig Rich" (James's term) because of that MAP sensor out of place. Makes a nice smokescreen, I think...

That "air gap" idea would work great, Bro, iffen I had anywhere to put a second layer of sheet metal and leave a gap! It's really tight down there. I'm gonna insulate the footbox and wrap the headers. I think the thing that will make it all work is that the car won't be used for any hour-long commutes or enduro races. That and some of Kiwi Dave's special Perverto-Squirrels... :rofl:

Thanks for comin' by, Sir! And come back any time... Or come down here for real soon, and help us test drive the beast!!!
Regards-
JD Kemp

PostPosted: May 16, 2012, 7:29 am 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie said:
Quote:
One day, JD, one day, I'll be there too.

Hey Lonnie!
Thank you for the congrats, yes, it was a fun day at Slotus HQ. I know it was a ragged start up, but it sure did make me feel better about the whole project. :mrgreen:

And I totally believe ya! One day, not too long, you'll be posting a "Start-Up" video, and then goin' for a ride! :cheers:

JDK

PostPosted: May 16, 2012, 7:38 am 
We are Slotus!

laserracer wrote:
Nice way from keeping your toes from frying JD..but how did you teach them there squirrels to blow on the cages ? are they special blowing squirrels..i wouldnt tell too many people you have squirrels in cages giving your feet blowjobs :shock: :shock:

Kiwi Dave :wink:

Oh My... Dave, you've done it this time... I laughed until tears ran down my face...:rofl: And you are a TOTAL PERV!!!
(That's why you fit in so good around here! :roll: )

If you can actually train squirrels to do... that... We can forget this car building stuff and sell "Dr. Dave's Perverto Squirrels" on E-Bay for about a grand each and never have to work again... Now, if you could train 'em to make coffee, too.... Hmmmm...

PostPosted: May 16, 2012, 12:23 pm 

animals are not so dumb as people think, i have a cat that can open doors and draws, he can also unplugs his electric water filter when the charcoal filter gets blocked and removes the filter, a job my wife finds difficult.

if he catches a lizard, he puts it in the bath tub because it can't climb out, whats that you say, "what happens when the lizard goes down the plug hole" he removes the stopper and hooks it out.

in front of my property, i have a large joshua tree, in the spring the crows sit in it, last spring, along with the crows was my black cat, i swear that the crows talk to him and he answers back.

he has two toys, an adjustable cresent wrench and a gas fire lighter which he plays with in the family room.

i just wish he had opposing thums, then he could help in the shop more than he does now, i had to run a wire under the deck outside my shop so i looped a string round his tail and off he went, under the deck and out the other side, purrrfect!

he tries to talk to me, its like two brothers, one who is disabled and can't speak clearly, the other brother knows exactly what is being said.

his farther was a good teacher, he would love to get into cars, anything with a steering wheel, and only sit in the drivers seat.

talking about the crows, on sunday i watched a crow and a cotton tail rabbit playing together for about an hour.

just call me Dr. Dolittle, or even less

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: May 16, 2012, 2:16 pm 
We are Slotus!

Hi John!
That's some pretty wild stuff, got videos? I didn't think you could get a cat to do anything productive...

Agree with you on the opposable thumbs, then you really could train 'em to make coffee!!!

:cheers:
JDK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 316  Next