LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 17, 2024, 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 20, 2012, 10:33 pm 

It's not my project but inspiration for the locost style vehicle I plan to start in the next few months.

http://www.absurdcars.com/page3.html

PostPosted: July 14, 2012, 6:30 pm 

I ran across this build a long time ago. Maybe even before I found this sight and caught the "locost fever".

Looking at what was done and where he did it still blows my mind. Hugely inspirational! Some day, time permitting, I would like to try to make a "Unipower GT"( mid 60's Midi using a Mini engine.) replica and something like this would be close to the frame, etc needed.

PostPosted: July 14, 2012, 7:16 pm 
Locostering Legend

Kent is just another "kid genius". I'm kidding, of course; he's a member of a rare, small group. He's obviously got great ability and energy. Met him at the $2005 challenge. Competed in the same class.

Three Locosts showed up: One was complete (mine); One ran and had a plastic sheet body flapping in the wind (Kent's); One was incomplete and didn't run.

PostPosted: January 14, 2013, 10:47 pm 

Hey all. Long time lurker, and this happens to be my first post. :P
Anyways Siegedg. Im in the process of building a DSM powered locost as well. Rebuilt my engine just bought a s16g and have the chassis 90% finished.... I plan on posting my stuff on here soon... once I get time that is, seeing as I have a full time job and go to college full time :P

I love the potential of the DSM. 350 hp on stock internals is damn impressive. The tuners website will be a wealth of knowledge to you as well as this forum. Its totally do able and at a GREAT low budget. I've got 1-1.5k in my build and need 500 more for the engine to run and about 600 to finish the custom body work I plan on designing for the car. Granted I got the car for free from a buddy but the fact that it was n/a and I had to prep it for a turbo offsets that. If you have any questions just shoot them over. Ive compiled so much info that I'd love to share and help in any way especially since we share the same build idea :D Please message me if you need any help!

~Kevin

PostPosted: April 17, 2013, 10:19 pm 

unfortunately Kevin, the original post was 2 years ago. STill, Im a fellow DSMer, so watching your build will be particularly entertaining.