LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 1:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 9:25 pm 

turbo_bird wrote:
Your .030" wire should be fine, I used .035" for mine.
Kristian

I might just pick up a small spool of .023 and see how is goes, I think I have a 10lb spool of .030

Thank you for the wisdom though.

Thank you Mike, SW Missouri unite! I'll let you know if I'll be in your area with a little extra time, I would love to see how your build is going. Just starting out here, and seeing how the starting and stopping goes.....

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 11:08 pm 

Kent2,
If a 250 cu ft bottle of co2/ argon mix (C-25), @$200would interest you, try this linkhttps://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/5462435189.html . $200 for a nearly full K bottle is a fair price.

It is in KC, I'm not how far that is from SW MO. Could not find that on my map.

Walt

PostPosted: March 14, 2016, 11:30 pm 

Quote:
I would love to see how your build is going. Just starting out here

Truth be told, you're ahead of me at this point. I've got my donor car ('99 Miata), I've got a fair chunk of the steel I need, but I still need to finalize my plans, and weatherproof my garage (it's missing two walls, and part of the roof) before I get to Rockin'! My Wife did get me a good used Lincoln wire-feed welder for Christmas, our kids gave me a Lincoln accessory pack, And just the other day, I found an "Auto-Shade" helmet lying beside the road. God is good! :thmbsup:

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 9:26 am 

Nice start and good luck!

You can build the most awesome thing in the world but at some point, an 80yr old man in a crx is probably going kick your butt on the track... don't ask me how I know.

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 10:16 am 

waltj wrote:
Kent2,
If a 250 cu ft bottle of co2/ argon mix (C-25), @$200would interest you, try this linkhttps://kansascity.craigslist.org/tls/5462435189.html . $200 for a nearly full K bottle is a fair price.

It is in KC, I'm not how far that is from SW MO. Could not find that on my map.

Walt

That's about four hours away, thanks though. I'll be checking with a few local vendors today.

ngpmike wrote:
Quote:
I would love to see how your build is going. Just starting out here

Truth be told, you're ahead of me at this point. I've got my donor car ('99 Miata), I've got a fair chunk of the steel I need, but I still need to finalize my plans, and weatherproof my garage (it's missing two walls, and part of the roof) before I get to Rockin'! My Wife did get me a good used Lincoln wire-feed welder for Christmas, our kids gave me a Lincoln accessory pack, And just the other day, I found an "Auto-Shade" helmet lying beside the road. God is good! :thmbsup:

Well then, I guess you could always come by here..... :D I'll be looking for a similar year donor car also. Would love F20c power, but will go with 1.8 Miata power for version one.

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 10:49 am 

mjalaly wrote:
Nice start and good luck!

Thank you! I'm trying to put a little into it every day, even if I am not physically working on it I will be in thought.

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 4:39 pm 

Quote:
I'll be looking for a similar year donor car also.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. Found mine just outside of KC, Ks!

PostPosted: March 15, 2016, 7:30 pm 

Found a local vendor for gas. $100 for a 24cf, easily upgraded to a larger one.
I'll go with a bigger bottle when it's empty.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 1:40 pm 

Talked with Jim from Roll Cage Components yesterday, I'll have a two hoop cage coming in a few weeks. What a great guy, excellent communication. I'll go back to him for anything I can. Highly recommended, thank you to who suggested him.

Built a cart this morning for the MIG welder and gas bottle. It sure is nice welding with gas!

Next up a shop cleanup and some organization

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 2:04 pm 
We are Slotus!

Kent2 wrote:
Hey! We don't need that kind of negativity around here. Keep such comments to yourself... :mrgreen:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 3:58 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Kent2 wrote:
Hey! We don't need that kind of negativity around here. Keep such comments to yourself... :mrgreen:

Only negativity that I would be offended by is anti-BACON. :D

I do hear ya though......my shop is a mess. Where I am setting up my build table currently has gas cans, white gas, propane, and numerous other flammable items. I figured it would be best to move them a fair distance away. :thmbsup:

Off to town to scrub in some RE71's for this weekends first autocross, have to run some errands anyway.

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 4:16 pm 

Nice Lookin' cart! I was just doodling up some ideas for mine, and lo-and-behold, Harbor freight has one on sale for about the same cost as my building it, or maybe even a little less! Oh well, on to my build table. I doubt that HF is going to have one of those on sale!
http://www.harborfreight.com/Welding-Cart-61316.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTkwNDAyOTciLCJza3UiOiI2MTMxNiIsImlzIjoiMzQuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiMTAwMDAifQ%3D%3D%0D%0A

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 11:00 pm 

Made good progress on the shop. Plenty of room to work without catching fire to anything.

Thank you Mike, I'm liking the stand already

PostPosted: March 16, 2016, 11:41 pm 
Toyotaphobe

I like your S2000 in the background. I've got an '02 Spa Yellow that I bought new.

I've never found anything that's made me want to replace it. I've found several I've added to it over the years, but nothing that will take it's place.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: March 17, 2016, 9:14 am 

carguy123 wrote:
I like your S2000 in the background. I've got an '02 Spa Yellow that I bought new.

I've never found anything that's made me want to replace it. I've found several I've added to it over the years, but nothing that will take it's place.

Thanks! I love my S2k :D

That's awesome you bought yours new! They are a great car for sure, all about the driver to car connection. You autocross yours or your 7? I've been down to one NTAX last November, will try to get down there again if I can this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next