LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: September 15, 2016, 10:31 pm 

finally made it to page 20. A shop/ house!! Your a Mans Man with a cool build. Nice job.

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782

PostPosted: October 7, 2016, 1:34 am 

Thanks Steve,
I just skimmed through your build log and it look very nice with a lot of great work. My oval tubing is an experiment that will be proved when I get the car running well see. I am looking forward to finishing my build as soon as we're in the new place. That said I wish I had the money to hire out some more of the work as the progress is slow. I hope to have the roof on in a couple of weeks so that the next rain won't stop the work.

PostPosted: January 7, 2017, 6:39 pm 

Well, I'm still at it though not much happening this week or next do to weather. Between wind, rain, snow, and cold (8°) and next week we are expecting flooding. Did I mention my place is inside the 100yr flood plain. Anyway in September the Blue Angels interrupted work for 4 days flying over my place. Here is a video.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UP1oT1OUiA&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
I has about two weeks late getting the roof on, and it does rain and snow in the desert. Finally got some help and the south side roofing is finished.
It took a while as over the purlin I set 7/16 OSB then 4 inches of foam insulation then 7/16 OSB 30lb felt and the steel standing seam roofing.
Here are some pictures.
Attachment:
1-IMG_20161011_100642.jpg

Attachment:
3-IMG_20161102_104416.jpg

Attachment:
4-IMG_20161103_133926.jpg

Attachment:
5-IMG_20161110_100157.jpg

Attachment:
6-IMG_20161121_103335.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 7, 2017, 6:47 pm 

That place is going to be the cat's arse when it's finished!

PostPosted: January 7, 2017, 7:54 pm 

I am beginning to wonder now it's raining. I've already had to replace the tarp on the Locost three times! :(

PostPosted: April 25, 2017, 4:00 am 

Im guessing/hoping that the whole structure will be a large shed for the car build plus general mucking about with V6's and you'll sleep at night in the caravan :-)

PostPosted: April 26, 2017, 10:24 pm 

An update. We nearly flooded last month as "Swan Lake" has over flowed it's banks and as were in a bowl with no outlet the water just keeps rising. With my property just inside the one hundred year floodplain according to FEMA and water in my neighbor's yard across the street
Attachment:
1-IMG_20170315_191803.jpg
I was on the verge of getting concerned. But the local authorities got to work and set up a temporary barrier wall and installed pumps. Now we're high and dry again.
Attachment:
1-IMG_20170326_133639.jpg

Between the rain, mud and wind I haven't gotten any siding on but have been working on the inside. With all the interior walls up the rough plumbing is done and about half the rough electrical.
Attachment:
1-DSC02091.JPG
Attachment:
1-IMG_20170426_183255.jpg
Attachment:
2-IMG_20170426_183313.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: April 27, 2017, 10:09 am 

Hey, your new place is looking impressive. Are all those manifolds for radiant heat? I'm not sure what is living space versus shop space. Do you have a basic floor plan you can shrink down and post here?

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: April 27, 2017, 12:29 pm 

The red tubing is the floor heating loops. I have two zones, you can see the two pumps. I haven't finished the distribution wall yet (no heaters or expansion tank). The lower manifold with the 6 blue pipes are for the hose bibs and the upper manifold is the homerun domestic water you can't see the hot (red) tubing because it's covered with insulation.
Here is a drawing of the floor plan. The five vertical lines (item 22) are the steel trusses. I don't have the bedroom or office walls up yet because the county won't let me until the current house is enlarged. After final inspection they will be put up.

PostPosted: April 28, 2017, 10:31 am 

It looks like paradise to me, John. You've got shop, eating, sleeping and TV space, but NO extra room for inlaws (or outlaws). It looks perfect to me! :mrgreen:

All silliness aside, it looks like a fabulous retirement situation - all the essentials, but not a lot of stuff you don't need, or would rarely use. That's smart. Please do update us as warrented. Do save some energy to finish that Locost, though. :D

Cheers,

PostPosted: October 23, 2020, 6:45 pm 

Another quick update. Finished the Living area and some work in the shop with the lathe and mill setup.
Attachment:
IMG_20180917_085438.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20180917_085554.jpg

Now I can work on the Locost!
Attachment:
PXL_20201015_235911431 (2).jpg

I had to roll it out and give it a bath as it had sat out under a tarp (actually three different tarps) for over five years.
Now Back to work on the MegaSquirt 2 to Mazda KLZE issues. Before I moved I was having com problems. I solved that after finding the usb mini connector with a bent conntact I removed the USB to serial board and using the 232 9 pin connector. Then the MS worked on the bench but not in the car :BH: I though the distributor was bad so I got one from Pick n Pull still no cam signal. After hours of :BH: :BH: traced out the ground and found I had brought it back to the MS but to a floating point and needed to run a wire to ground. :oops:
Now I have a good looking Crank and Cam signal (I will post a picture of the Oscilloscope traces) but on Ignition signal. I am getting a steady 0.127V out on the Ign line (D14)?
Any Ideas or comments would be appreciated.
Be back soon.

PostPosted: October 23, 2020, 10:52 pm 

Oscilloscope traces aren't needed as long as the MS is getting sync and showing an RPM signal.

You can test the outputs through Tuner Studio.

Single coil wasted spark or COP?

PostPosted: October 24, 2020, 7:58 am 

That is the problem, at the moment TunerStudio is not getting the tach signal although the two are coming in. I am using the factory distributor and the coil in it. I set it up using the guide from DIY Autotune https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/install/ford/megasquirt-your-v6-probe-gt/
While trying to solve some of the problems I removed the cam trigger mod and installed the one from the MS2V30 Hardware manual 5.2.14.4 Adding a cam sensor input - ground switching.
After watching the F1 Qualifying this morning I am going to try to find out if the MS2 daughter board is getting the signals. I feel that the problem is some simple setting but I can't find it. :BH:

PostPosted: October 24, 2020, 11:31 am 

When I do a MS install I use the MS Extra manual exclusively, mixing manuals can produce poor or unexpected results.
Also the Extra manual is very up_to_date.

I don't think Mazda and Ford used the same electronics on that motor. So that may be throwing you off track.

Do you have separate crank and cam sensors or are they both in a cam driven CAS unit?
and
Are the sensors powered or passive?
(Optical, Hall, or VR?)

Are you trying to use a "base tune" or are you making setting changes to the default tune?

Have you registered on the MSExtra forum? Have you searched that Forum for a similar install?
Not sure if you can share your MSQ in this forums framework.
You could try attaching it here so I can look at your configuration.

From Tuner Studio use the file drop down and select "Save Tune As" and it will make a copy of your MSQ and give it a time stamp file name, click on Save.
Then in your TS project folder you will find that file, post a copy here?
If that doesn't work here I can help you over on the MSExtra forum.

PostPosted: October 24, 2020, 12:26 pm 

Nice to see you back, John.

Cheers,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next