LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 4:38 pm 

Well I started my project in mid july of 2007 of this year and I am finially getting around to starting a build thread. I need to start taking more pictures, but I have such little time to work on it progress is VERY slow.
Like the title says I am building a +442 chassis. I will be using the miata rear sub-frame in the rear to just make things easier. The motor is a SR20DET from a Nissan Silvia, a car that never made it over here to the states and is called the "baby skyline" sometimes. The motor is a 4 cylinder turbocharged motor that comes with 205 hp and 200 tq if I remember correctly.

I will be then using a clutch type LSD from a 86 RX7 to hopefully hold on to the power a little better.

I will have MANY questions and please help me and post comments if you see I am missing something or something won't work. I need all the help I can get!

J. R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 4:40 pm 

ok I need help posting pictures it seems. can someone explain it to me.

J. R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 4:43 pm 
I don't think phpBB can handle linking like you've got there since it isn't to an actual image file, but to a php file w/ some arguments.

--JOsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 4:46 pm 

Hmmm...Where can I host them so that I can actually link them and people see them...because its pretty annoying on other build threads to have to click on all the links.

J. R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 5:50 pm 
Databases fear me

stickied

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 5:52 pm 
Databases fear me

junior wrote:
Hmmm...Where can I host them so that I can actually link them and people see them...because its pretty annoying on other build threads to have to click on all the links.

J. R.

look below the box where you type your post. there is a file attachment feature, this will automatically display any .jpg you attach.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 6:07 pm 

NICE! Ok here we go on the pictures.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 6:11 pm 

Some more pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 11:12 pm 

Cool! Took me a minute to figure out who's build this was. Good to see your log JR. Where did you pick up your engine?

Rod

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p3/beergodrod/
Now building a 1953 Chevy 1 ton panel with Frito Lay truck parts and a Cummins 4BTA
and a 1963 Nova SS

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 10, 2007, 11:22 pm 

Locost 5.0 wrote:
Cool! Took me a minute to figure out who's build this was. Good to see your log JR. Where did you pick up your engine?

Rod

Japan of corse......no really, got it from a company that came highly talked about. If anyone is looking to get a motor as well PM me and I will give you the contact info. This guy and his wife, both japanese, actually go over to japan and hand pick each motor. They personally do all the inspecting and compression test them.

This is how thorough they are.....80% of all the motors they bring back are auto because they are the ones that actually pass all there compression tests and inspections. Then they just buy 5 spd tranny's seperate because an auto and manual motor are identical.

My motor was actually an auto. It was sent to me with the auto flywheel and tor plate.

Makes me feel good that my motor was not ragged on, passed a personal inspection and compression test, and was hand picked.

The guys are also very interested in the build.

I will take some more pictures later. I almost have the rear subframe on.

J. R.

PS THANKS ROD for all the help you have given me. I copied you and ordered the teflon coated black max heim joints from summit. They are pricy, but I am hoping that with the teflon coating they will last and be functional for a long time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13, 2007, 4:13 pm 

Here are more pics as promised. I was going to get way more done this saturday.....but I am out of suplise. I am waiting to hear from chet on some things, and I am waiting for my DOM tube from online metals. Waiting on my bearings for the suspension from mcmaster. So now just alot of waiting. Waiting to get my RX7 diff so I can put that in and then make my transmission tunnel. What you going to do?

Any comments on things you guys see might now work or could improve on would be great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 13, 2007, 4:15 pm 

more pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 4, 2007, 8:32 pm 

I was able to get some more work done on the car. I have to thank chet for holding my hand through the wishbone program and getting me to where I am now.

I would ask that you guys look at my lower wishbone set-up and let me know what you think of anything that might cause a problem before I weld one together.

J. R.

Post subject:
PostPosted: December 5, 2007, 9:51 pm 

hi junior just like to know

what bolt patern and what is the seize of your wheels

Thanxs

Wheelman
building a 442 sr20det :wink:

Post subject: Junior's shocks
PostPosted: December 6, 2007, 2:51 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Hey, Junior! Good looking build...very tidy. Should be a screamer with that motor.

I'm confused about the shocks in the rear. What do they connect to? Some sort of bellcrank-pushrod configuration? I'd love to see what you're planning.

Keep up the good work,
-dave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next