LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 21, 2018, 4:37 pm 

Saw this car when it was just finished (as much as they do). Mike brought it to the 2nd Annual Midwest Locost gathering at the Roaring River Park in S. Missouri. Very impressive designing and execution. Ran great too.

PostPosted: February 7, 2018, 12:40 am 

Quote:
Only been 3 months but curious if you're ready to get rid of it. Let me know...

Not quite, but I think my initial time estimate is still in the ballpark...I'm finishing up a frame-off restoration of a '66 Chevy pickup, and then want to do a track day or two with the 7 before I sell it. Give me a few months, and I'll probably be ready.

I've owned the 7 for probably 5-6 years, and never tracked it! Much of that time, it was because I didn't have anything suitable to tow it to the track with...and then the last 3 years has been a nearly comical series of life getting in the way (both time-wise and financially) of both tracking the 7 and finishing the vehicle with which to tow it.

I've done a number of autocrosses with it locally, but I'm determined to track it before I sell it. That's the whole reason I bought it! The '66 pickup is almost finished (so I can trailer the 7), and I think I finally have everything else sorted out and in place where I can get back to doing stuff like being a track day junkie pretty soon.

PostPosted: February 7, 2018, 1:45 pm 

I thought that car looked familiar. That car is a machinests dream. I rode in it and it went FAST!!!!! Bring it back to our gathering this year down in NW Arkansas. Russ

PostPosted: February 11, 2018, 8:22 pm 

Here's mine:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 27, 2018, 10:11 pm 

joshduke wrote:
Here's mine:

4 month bump. How ya feeling about it joshduke?

AP

PostPosted: July 15, 2018, 2:41 am 

Hey, just saw this...

Still fully intend to sell. I thought it would be by now, but I'm still waiting to finish my '66 pickup. I've hired out the rest of the restoration, so I'm waiting on him to get it done, and it has dragged on much longer than I expected...but we're getting really close now. We're down to the items at the end of the road--stuff like rearview mirrors, radio, seat upholstery, trailer hitch and brake controller, etc.

At this point, though, if I knew there was fairly serious interest in my Seven, and I could rent a truck for a price that wasn't near-offensive, I'd rent a truck, hit the track, and sell it. I want to buy a sailboat...or another motorcycle...or a 1/2 share of an aerobatic airplane...or some combination of the above. Maybe all of them!

(know any cost-effective places that rent trucks with tow hitches? haha)

PostPosted: November 4, 2018, 3:18 am 

OK...I'm not really actively trying to sell this thing yet, in the sense that I'm not posting a thread for it quite yet.

...but I'm now fully willing to sell it if someone wants it.

Book frame, Miata IRS, transmission, steering, and Torsen rear, 1.8 Miata engine with T3/T4 hybrid turbo and intercooler. I think the dyno figures were somewhere around 235-240 RWHP on a Mustang dyno (should be higher on a Dynojet). ~1300 lbs. Nitto NT01 tires. Some really nice bits like a stainless tubular turbo manifold, adjustable pedals, etc...this car was really, really built nicely. The original paint was decent, but I had it painted a few years ago to improve it, along with having some nice fabrication work done on seat mounts, and a nice aluminum, hood with louvres.

The original builder has built at least 3-4 other cars, I think.

I have owned it for probably 6 years or so, and never had a problem with it. Fluids and consumables, other than replacing a fuse once.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: November 9, 2018, 9:14 am 

joshduke wrote:
OK...I'm not really actively trying to sell this thing yet, in the sense that I'm not posting a thread for it quite yet.

...but I'm now fully willing to sell it if someone wants it.

Book frame, Miata IRS, transmission, steering, and Torsen rear, 1.8 Miata engine with T3/T4 hybrid turbo and intercooler. I think the dyno figures were somewhere around 235-240 RWHP on a Mustang dyno (should be higher on a Dynojet). ~1300 lbs. Nitto NT01 tires. Some really nice bits like a stainless tubular turbo manifold, adjustable pedals, etc...this car was really, really built nicely. The original paint was decent, but I had it painted a few years ago to improve it, along with having some nice fabrication work done on seat mounts, and a nice aluminum, hood with louvres.

The original builder has built at least 3-4 other cars, I think.

I have owned it for probably 6 years or so, and never had a problem with it. Fluids and consumables, other than replacing a fuse once.

PM sent.

AP

PostPosted: November 30, 2018, 9:50 am 

Well,I bought JoshDuke's car,I can't wait to drive it next year (damn winter)... Here we go again!! Rich

SOLD: Locost-Turbo 280HP
SOLD: Locost CBR1000 powered autocrosser
SOLD: Locost R1 powered

PostPosted: July 9, 2019, 1:22 am 

Good to see my old Locost is still going strong!

I purchased it from the original owner/builder in Huntsville, AL in August 2011.
Sold it to 3rd owner in San Diego December 2011, so I could purchase a BEC Locost the same month.
Sold the BEC back to its original builder in September 2016 so I could buy an Elise.

Good memories and that thing is scary fast with the turbo Miata drivetrain!

PostPosted: July 9, 2019, 9:10 am 

I love the car-this is what it looks like now...

SOLD: Locost-Turbo 280HP
SOLD: Locost CBR1000 powered autocrosser
SOLD: Locost R1 powered