LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: August 11, 2018, 2:48 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
perhaps you should rest YOUR sphincter.

That brings back a joke for me, just substitute sphincter for @r$h0Le.
5% of my friends told me they have hemorrhoids, the other 95% are perfect sphincter's
That's all I got......

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: August 11, 2018, 7:35 am 
We are Slotus!

carguy123 wrote:
I just thought it was interesting that yours was the first thing that came up.
Yeah, that is kinda odd, really... There's some funny stuff in here, but not a lot of actual "jokes" if you think about it. Most jokes are fiction, and this "build log" is... Well... You couldn't make this sh!t up, it really happened.

:cheers:
Peace, Love and "It ain't my fault!"
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 11, 2018, 11:51 am 
Toyotaphobe

Sometimes the funniest stuff is legit. I think that's what makes it funny.

Now I'm not much on slipping on a banana peel type of funny, but if you want to try it and video it we'll watch. As you might have noticed we'll watch just about anything as long as there are pics or video. :lol:

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: August 12, 2018, 11:42 pm 
We are Slotus!

Slotus Faithful-
The Word is given...
And the word is Lunati.

PostPosted: August 13, 2018, 12:18 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Quote:
god man this is barbarick!!!
Yup, Barbaric is us... I'm pretty sure my ancestors sacked your ancestors' village around 1100 or so...
Attachment:
Hagar.jpg
My 19XGreat Grandfather.

Hey, we might be related. That's a scary thought if I've ever had one. My family is all Norwegian, and I probably take too much pleasure in telling random people that my ancestors used to rape and pillage theirs when I find out they're from somewhere that could have been raided by Vikings.
Speaking of jokes, we know that the Viking moto was "rape and pillage". What did they say when they got to England?

Pillage, pillage.
Kristian

PostPosted: August 13, 2018, 7:34 am 
We are Slotus!

turbo_bird wrote:
Hey, we might be related. That's a scary thought if I've ever had one. My family is all Norwegian, and I probably take too much pleasure in telling random people that my ancestors used to rape and pillage theirs when I find out they're from somewhere that could have been raided by Vikings.
Ha! Good stuff... The "oral history" of my family has it that we're Irish, although some more recent research by my sister and her son/my nephew showed that some of the Kemps were Scottish. Many years ago, one of my aunts traced the family history back far enough to find that our branch of the family came here from Ireland after being given the choice of leave for the "new world" or hang. Apparently it had to do with some missing livestock that miraculously showed up in their barn or something...

Either way, there's not a letter "K" in the Gaelic alphabet, so chances are the Kemp family came from somewhere else originally. There were several waves of "Norsemen" that invaded what is now the UK, so perhaps we have some common ancestry somewhere. Or, trace it back far enough and we're all children of Adam or descended from the same ape, depending on your belief...

Either way, I'd be proud to call you "Cousin." Let's just go with that for now...

Peace, Love and "Family of Man"-
JD Kemp

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: August 13, 2018, 11:23 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Slotus Faithful-
The Word is given...
And the word is Lunati.

As in camshafts?

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: August 13, 2018, 12:04 pm 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
GonzoRacer wrote:
the word is Lunati.
As in camshafts?
I see now who is paying attention! Ordered over the weekend, shipped out today from ATL. Might be here tomorrow, more likely Wednesday. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 13, 2018, 2:54 pm 

Hmmmm, that calls for a barbecue, don't you think? You know some seared cow flesh as a sacrifice to the camshafts Gods kind of thing. Don't barbecue the camshaft however. :mrgreen:

Did you get a whole kit like lifters, springs, pushrods, etc., or can it use what you have now?

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: August 13, 2018, 3:11 pm 
We are Slotus!

Lonnie-S wrote:
Hmmmm, that calls for a barbecue, don't you think? You know some seared cow flesh as a sacrifice to the camshafts Gods kind of thing. Don't barbecue the camshaft however. :mrgreen:

Did you get a whole kit like lifters, springs, pushrods, etc., or can it use what you have now?
I think I pretty much "barbecued" the previous camshaft... And, while we're on the subject, I did more or less the same to a lawnmower about a week ago... But that's another story/lie for another day... :mrgreen:

Seared cow flesh hot off the grill sounds like a good idea! I hope the camshaft gods would approve. If not, let 'em eat tofu! :twisted:

The Edelbrock cylinder heads I bought from John Hennessey came with rockers (1.7 ratio) and springs. I have some new pushrods I had bought before that, stock length. Based on the Excel spreadsheet I did whilst Earl listened in on the phone, that conglomeration should work. We zero'd in on the lift of the cam in order to make it "work" with the rockers and such.

At least that's what I came up by crunching some numbers. I'm a-gonna roll it over by hand and realllllll slow the first time around. Hide and watch... :mrgreen:

Thanks for checkin' up on us, Lonnie!
Regards-
JDK

PostPosted: August 13, 2018, 6:33 pm 

turbo_bird wrote:
we know that the Viking moto was "rape and pillage".

Actually, the original phrase was "rapine, pillage and plunder" where rapine is defined as "the violent seizure of someone's property". You can see how the words can have been easily mixed up.

turbo_bird wrote:
What did they say when they got to England?

What's the punch line to the joke?

PostPosted: August 14, 2018, 7:04 am 
We are Slotus!

BHRmotorsport wrote:
turbo_bird wrote:
What did they say when they got to England?

What's the punch line to the joke?
Hi Bill! You had to scroll down about half a page. It said "Pillage and pillage"... I'm thinkin' they wuz talkin' trash about how the English women looked... :mrgreen: Hey, at least they didn't rape the cattle and slaughter the women... :ack:

I have seen the word "rapine" before, but been to lazy to look it up. Interesting... Are the two words actually related, as in it started out meaning you "took" somebody's woman by force or do the words just sound alike? Hmmm... To the Google, gentlemen!

I have also read that the "Norsemen" were probably equal or maybe more civilized than the English of that time, but they didn't know Christianity or any of its precepts. The English folk would run into the church for sanctuary. The Vikings didn't know what that big building was, and would go right in, swords spears and all and carry on their mission. Thus they were "Barbarians"...

And that concludes the history and vocabulary lesson for today. Back to shop class!

Peace, Love and "Long Spears"--
JDK

PostPosted: August 14, 2018, 9:25 am 

JD et al., I had never heard Rapine used in that saying. I just had to look up the real definitions of all three words. According to Merriam-Webster website, the #1 definition for each word, in reverse order, And I didn't make this up. I promise!

Plunder - to take the goods of by force (as in war)

Pillage - the act of looting or plundering especially in war

Rapine - pillage, plunder

So, I guess those guys were heavy into theft, theft and more theft.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: August 14, 2018, 9:43 am 
We are Slotus!

Hi Chuck-
Thanks for posting that, saved me the trouble! I Googled around a bit and came up with pretty much the same results.

Seems more like "Armed Robbery" than just plain "Theft" though. It's not like they'd sneak into your yard at night and quietly steal your cattle/goats/sheep/women. More like they came roaring into town with swords drawn and grabbed up whatever struck their fancy. Yep, those Norsemen, what a bunch of fun guys... :shock:

:cheers:
JDK

PostPosted: August 14, 2018, 10:42 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
those Norsemen, what a bunch of fun guys

I'd be cranky too if I ate lutefisk

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258 ... 316  Next