LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: September 14, 2018, 7:22 pm 

I check "View new posts" and "View unread posts" daily. And when I see that there is an update on JD's blog, I rush here to see the news about the Slotus. Some of us live vicariously through others, you know. Instead I get Food Critics, Asian Chicks, and a few Goats sprinkled here and about. I should know better.

I had to look up ann-DOO-ee as I've never heard of it before. It says it comes from Vulgar Latin. I guess that goes without sayin' if you guys are throwin' it about. It says it means smoked pork sausage. Now that, I've heard of.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: September 14, 2018, 9:23 pm 
We are Slotus!

rx7locost wrote:
I check "View new posts" and "View unread posts" daily. And when I see that there is an update on JD's blog, I rush here to see the news about the Slotus. Some of us live vicariously through others, you know. Instead I get Food Critics, Asian Chicks, and a few Goats sprinkled here and about. I should know better.

I had to look up ann-DOO-ee as I've never heard of it before. It says it comes from Vulgar Latin. I guess that goes without sayin' if you guys are throwin' it about. It says it means smoked pork sausage. Now that, I've heard of.
Hey Chuck!
I can see where you might not want to hear about the goats, but what's wrong with that Nearly Naked Chinese Chick??? I find the image quite restful :mrgreen: especially after Borat in whatever that suit is called. :ack:

Andouille is pronounced as you wrote it. If you say the L's like L's, everybody will know "Y'all ain't frum round heah..." It's good stuff, got lots of garlic, cayenne and black pepper, paprika and God only knows what else. Then it gets slow smoked until it's a dark reddish brown (color varies, but for the most part, reddish brown). I'm really kind of surprised you never heard of it. I know Chicago has all kinds of good meats (and eats in general) and I would have thought that somebody would have imported some Andouille. I guess the Kielbasa lobby was scared they'd lose their customers... :mrgreen:

You need to come down South for some cultural education! We can meet up in Nawlins, have a large time. Starting with a big bowl of red beans and rice with a side of grilled andouille and a cold adult beverage. Kinda sounds like Larry should join us too... Mike? Anybody else? MARCUS!?!?!? Party at the Gumbo Shop on Rue St. Peter!!!

:cheers:
Peace, Love and "Vulgar Latin" --
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: September 15, 2018, 1:08 am 

Quote:
You need to come down South for some cultural education! We can meet up in Nawlins, have a large time. Starting with a big bowl of red beans and rice with a side of grilled andouille and a cold adult beverage. Kinda sounds like Larry should join us too... Mike? Anybody else? MARCUS!?!?!? Party at the Gumbo Shop on Rue St. Peter!!!

My Cousin Terry and I (Chuck you might remember him, we were in the room next to you and John at the Arkansas gathering) toured south Louisiana a couple of years ago and he's been after me to go again. So it could happen.

Just sayin.......

PostPosted: September 15, 2018, 7:49 am 

IIRC, you came in with the car unfinished.

We could make this a Mid-South Gathering?

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: September 15, 2018, 8:35 am 
We are Slotus!

Hmmm...

TWWTFM reminded me that we "won" a "free" trip to New Orleans. It's actually a sales pitch for some vacation package plan or something and you have to sit thru their sales pitch on Friday morning. We're supposed to arrive on Thursday October 25 and stay thru the weekend of Oct 27/28. I'll get her to give me the details again.

But iffen we're gonna be there any-hoo... Think anybody would want to come down for a visit then? We'll have Friday afternoon and all of Saturday and Sunday. (Friday night? Bourbon Street? Sidewalk daiquiri bars? Pat O's Hurricanes?) While we're in the @#*&%^ sales meeting Friday morning, if any of y'all were there, you could go to Cafe Du Monde for coffee and beignets. Chuck, have you ever had a beignet? (Hint: It's pronounced "ben-YAY") They pretty much make Krispy Kreme doughnuts look like health food... :mrgreen:

Mid-South, Deep South, whatever... I think I know what I would call it...

Peace, Love and "Audobon Zoo" --
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: September 15, 2018, 7:57 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Hmmm...

TWWTFM reminded me that we "won" a "free" trip to New Orleans. It's actually a sales pitch for some vacation package plan or something and you have to sit thru their sales pitch on Friday morning.
JDK

I remember the story my dad told about the time he got sucker-uhhh...talked into sitting through a time-share sales pitch that sounds exactly like what you described.

He said that he made sure to leave his credit cards, license and checkbook in his hotel room so he'd have no possible way to pay for anything or sign any legally binding documents while he was in there, and that that pissed them off real good when they found out. Just throwin' that out there! :roll:

PostPosted: September 15, 2018, 11:41 pm 

Jober wrote:
that that pissed them off real good when they found out

I love it, I would do the same thing, maybe throw in some Ukrainian words here and there.
Hope no one here makes a living selling time shares, they'ed be pissed at me..................

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: September 26, 2018, 4:14 pm 
We are Slotus!

Attachment:
Epic Adventure.jpg
Greetings, Earthlings!
Our man Earl came over for dinner last night and provided a second set of hands for installing the engine in the chassis. I had given it a shot a few days ago and got frustrated and didn't finish. So, after appropriate cooling off time, we had another go at it. (All we had to do was kidnap his daughter, cook dinner, and offer him a Diet Mtn Dew. Simple...)

This is what happened:
Attachment:
09 25 18 IN-stalled.jpg
There it sits, all bolted together and attached to the motor mounts. Now I just gotta re-attach all the what-nots and giblets, like the radiator and the carb and a few dozen other things. We might be getting close to accomplishing something... Might be... Stay tuned!

Peace, Love and Braided Steel Lines-
JDK

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 27, 2018, 1:40 pm 

Gosh, I'd forgotten how much green is involved in this... Well, almost.
Been a hectic year for you - good luck with the giblets & gizzards...
MangPong.

PostPosted: September 27, 2018, 4:18 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Save the giblets. Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

Is that Earl peaking through the window?

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: September 27, 2018, 4:58 pm 
We are Slotus!

MangPong wrote:
WHAT??? You don't like GREEN??!?!?
Attachment:
Hulk.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 27, 2018, 5:09 pm 
We are Slotus!

Miatav8,MstrASE,A&P,F wrote:
Save the giblets. Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

Is that Earl peaking through the window?
MV8, good of you to drop by! Yep, giblet gravy season is upon us. And never fear, we'll have plenty. Although, I'm pretty sure TWWTFM wouldn't want to use any of the hose clamps, spark plugs, old header bolts type of giblets I was referring to! Hard on the teeth, for one thing... :ack:

Sharp eye, Sir... But not quite that sharp. That'd be TWWTFM in the window. That's the window into the kitchen where she was fixing the aforementioned pork chop dinner we used to lure Earl down to the shop. Earl his-own-self was just out of the shot that I posted. Here's a pic with him in it, prior to pork chops.
Attachment:
09 25 18 James and New Engine.jpg

Peace, Love and "Giblets"-
JD

PostPosted: September 27, 2018, 5:13 pm 
We are Slotus!

MangPong wrote:
Been a hectic year for you - good luck with the giblets & gizzards...
MangPong.
Hey, MangPong! I wuz just kiddin... It's OK if you don't like green. :mrgreen:

JD "It's Not Easy Being Green" Kemp

PostPosted: September 27, 2018, 9:33 pm 

I love green... (creep, creep, cringe...). But green & purple...? My jury is still out. It reminds me of cabbage and cranberry sauce... ;)
[NB: how does this site always get round to food... lol.]
Will we hear this engine spinning before the turkey stops gobbling...?

PostPosted: September 27, 2018, 11:19 pm 

Now I don't want to alarm you JD, but when I was looking at this picture I think I see a loose bolt there. Yeah there, right there, that's the one.
Better double check that.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 316  Next