LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 2, 2008, 11:00 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

[EDIT: Date set for Aug 23, 2008. No specific time, but lunch will be served. See below for details]

We're going to open the doors to the Lexington Locost Lounge again toward the end of this month. We're leaning toward Aug. 23 or 24 (Sat/Sun), or possibly one evening between Aug 25-27.

We've got a special treat this time around! The venerable Jack McCornack of Kinetic Vehicles has agreed to a eastern US appearance on his way to Kansas City. Jack will be pontificating from the main stage. (warmup act TBA) Bring your questions, or at least some ripe fruit in case he decides to take my concert festival metaphor a bit too seriously. ;-)

I will have my car in the home stretch of completion...or at least roadworthiness, before blasting off to test drive it to the Midwest Seven's Gathering in Kansas City over Labor Day weekend. Steel and rubber willing, it will be available for drives, or at least you can sit in it and make motor noises while the rest of us push you around the lawn.

Anyone who has a car, parts, sketches, pictures or dreams to share is heartily encouraged to do so. We can also take it on the road if any other Lexington-area builders want to play show-and-tell in their shop.

So, chime in if you want to come, and let me know your preferred date. Sunday, Aug. 24 is a prime target, but we'll shift it (or stretch it!) to accommodate as many people's schedule as possible.

There is no cover charge, and lunch is on the house! Follow up here or send me a PM to RSVP, even tentatively. Please pass the word on to others who might be interested.

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Last edited by dhempy on September 22, 2008, 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2, 2008, 11:33 am 

Im in, doesnt matter what date.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2, 2008, 1:05 pm 

Unless my wife (who is gone at the moment) can explain to me why I can't do it, count me in. Sunday the 24th sounds good to me. It will give me a chance to test the seven on a longer road trip.

I think I should have my car on hand to point out all the things one should not do when building a Locost. :wink: Test drives will be available to licensed drivers with an honest face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2, 2008, 1:37 pm 

I have an honest face, but you'll have to take my word for is, since it's covered with a disreputable beard. I'm looking forward to this visit, and the KC get-together. Man, I need a break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 2, 2008, 3:28 pm 

The 23rd would be cool... it'd be a long drive getting there, but it'd be worth it, if I could find a trailer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3, 2008, 5:16 am 
A tentative RSVP for me. Depending on the cost of gas and how loudly the wife screams. Chet maybe we could caravan, I'll try to keep up with the GXP. I would think a weekend would be best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3, 2008, 4:55 pm 

Even though I'm new and don't have even a Locost project going yet, I'd like to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4, 2008, 10:45 am 

Dave, your timing couldn't be worse I leave for Florida on the 22nd and will be gone for a week. I hope if you do this again I can make it then.
Ralph

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4, 2008, 7:08 pm 

I know Im one of those "Non-traditional" guys but Id still love to see some of your guys builds. so if you'll have me Im in :D
PooK

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4, 2008, 7:40 pm 
Count me in. Let me know the specifics, but there shouldn't be a problem.
Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4, 2008, 11:50 pm 

My large group lunch menu involves meat with some sort of red sauce. We had chili last time. What about barbecue (with the usual accoutrements) for LexLoLo2?

PostPosted: August 5, 2008, 1:41 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Okay, it's a done deal. The Triple-L will be Saturday, August 23. No specific time, but we'll serve lunch around noon: sweetie's award-winning ho-made BBQ!

Don't show up before 10 and if you're still here at dinner time, that's fine but you're buyin'.

There is no particular agenda, other than to swap bull and maybe learn a little. Bring your problems and solutions. Open house in the shop if you need anything machined. Free dessert if you drive or tow something that looks old and somewhat British.

Pook has invited us to his shop to check out his trike, also in Lexington. This should be a real treat! We may be able to coax a behind-the-scenes tour of a gen-u-ine junk yard out of Scrabblegod if there's interest. And of course, Kinetic Vehicles is sending their North American Sales Manager, Jack McCornack, to schmooze with all their current and future customers, so be sure to lock your car.

If you need a bunk for the night and don't have pet allergies or high standards, send me a PM. No weirdos, please! Space is limited.

I think that's all the news that fits...I'll post here if I think of anything else.

We're looking forward to seeing y'all here,
-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5, 2008, 8:26 am 

Fester wrote:
Even though I'm new and don't have even a Locost project going yet, I'd like to come.

We could meet up and cruise out there. Ill be leaving from LaGrange, probably around 9ish

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5, 2008, 5:29 pm 

I just found out my friend is doing an MMA fight up there on Sat so I would love to stop by on the 24th

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5, 2008, 6:00 pm 

anyone coming through ohio (with a trailer)? I have a driving car, but no trailer. I'll try to see if I can rent one, but I dunno.