LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 2:10 pm 

This is Sandy, I promised her a ride early on but didn't get a chance 'till the final evening of the show. She asked how fast it went, I told her I didn't have a clue as I'd been on public streets since I'd got it, probably nothing special though since it's so horrible aerodynamically; she seemed a bit disappointed. We talked some about performance and what that means, and the difference between quick and fast, and handling, and cornering, and she said it was too bad there wasn't anyplace I could show her the difference between this and a regular Miata. To make a long story short, the road in front of the campground had a 30mph speed limit so I said, "Get in, I'll show you something." I took her 0--30--0 and it didn't take real long.

It was a fun couple seconds. I didn't spin the tires or lock the brakes, it was perfectly legal I believe, but the dozen or so security staff nearby (the fly-in has a large security presence) had strong reactions--split evenly between scowls (with accompanying finger-wags or fists-on-hips) and grins (accompanied by two thumbs up).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 2:20 pm 

This is Nancy. You may be noticing a common theme in my photgraphy. I met Nancy my first evening at Sun 'N' Fun and she let me shower at her place the next morning. I was back a few more times after that; I get kinda dusty at these airshows.

The young man helping her said he was familiar with five point harnesses from his go-kart racing experience. By the time he had her secured, he was pretty familiar with Nancy as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 2:52 pm 

Jack.
I had planned to try to come down to lakeland to see you and the Locost but the wife and I had to go to our granddaughters 12th birthday, so didn't make it!!! Then I had hoped to ask you to stop by our place in The Villages but Nora has a doctors appointment tomorrow--foiled again.

But if you get onto I-75 and get up to he point where Don Garlits place try to stop in and look at all his cars that are still in one piece plus a lot of histiric cars!! I was impressed!!

Bob Boone

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 11:25 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

JackMcCornack wrote:
This is Nancy. You may be noticing a common theme in my photgraphy. I met Nancy my first evening at Sun 'N' Fun and she let me shower at her place the next morning.

Theme? Like the only men you ever cavort with are cops? Wonder if you found a lady cop she'd be in the passenger seat, too? ;-)

As for Nancy...sounds lurid. (or is that lucid?) Let me guess...that's Nancy's trailer in the background?

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: April 26, 2009, 11:29 pm 

Jack hasn't driven that car but for a week and he's already had more women in it than I did in a year. :shock: I also failed to be pulled over by the police. I guess I was doing it all wrong. :P What's your secret?

PostPosted: April 27, 2009, 12:15 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

I was at the autocross today, on the Eastern Kentucky University campus. The other half of the lot was for a frat-hosted hot rod show. Plenty of young folks of various genders were on site. It seems the young ladies had no trouble or hesitation getting rides on the autocross, including a roving band of Hooters girls handing out coupons. It was pointed out to me that I only killed cones with a woman aboard.

Not sure what that says about me. Or is it them?

-dave "cone/lady killer" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: April 27, 2009, 12:17 am 
Always Moore!

It was probably the stealthy livery Chet. ;)

PostPosted: April 27, 2009, 10:17 am 

wrote Dave...
> As for Nancy...sounds lurid. (or is that lucid?) Let me guess...that's Nancy's trailer in the background?

Hah! You've been to airshows yourself, haven't you? Yes, that's Nancy's trailer, and I checked out the joke in advance with her before I posted it.

wrote Chet...
> Jack hasn't driven that car but for a week and he's already had more women in it than I did in a year.
> I also failed to be pulled over by the police. I guess I was doing it all wrong. What's your secret?

I've probably driven it more miles, for one thing. Also I'm fairly direct; when a good looking woman tells me I have a good looking car, I tell her it would look even better with her in it and offer to e-mail her a link to this topic. And as with Nancy, I don't post double-entendre captions without permission. But I think the main thing is, I look pretty harmless--young women assume I'm too old to be a serious risk (some flirt quite shamelessly, but even the most radical let's-shock-Santa girls would go "ewwww..." if I said "Good idea, I have a frequent flier card at Motel 6") and the women of my peer group have sophisticated bullbleep detectors and are refreshed by my transparency. I'm glad you like the pix, I'm having fun, and folks, trust me on this, you're seeing the tip of the photo iceberg.

Jack "Going to find out who's naughty and nice" McCornack

PS--The secret to chatting with policemen is excessive speed.

PostPosted: April 28, 2009, 10:01 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
even the most radical let's-shock-Santa girls

I'm done. Nothing today will be as funny as that.

Milo

PostPosted: April 29, 2009, 10:44 am 
spindlefied

milo wrote:
JackMcCornack wrote:

Milo

Awwww, c'mon. Hasn't anyone here seen Bad Santa?

Chicks dig the red hat....

Scratch built book frame with an 83 Celica donor 22RE. SHE'S A ROLLER!!!

PostPosted: April 30, 2009, 12:03 am 

LAFAYETTE LA: Got in Tuesday evening, having determined via weather radar that the southern route was the best bet still. Scattered showers started in about Baton Rouge, and I doubt I'll take another road trip with cycle fenders--what got me wettest was the spray thrown up from my left front tire.

Speaking of photos, I bet 100 people have taken pix of me driving. I wave (I smile too, but they can't see that) and try not to get annoyed when they box me in...which happens all to frequently. I'll see somebody coming up fast in my mirrors (which have grown on me, by the way) and pull over to the right lane, pacing myself to pull in behind the car that's coming, and they'll pull up right along side me, match my speed, and pull out the camera/cellphone. Meanwhile I'm going 70 in the slow lane and gaining fast on a 60 mph 18 wheeler. This is particularly annoying in the rain.

I picked Lafayette as my evening stop because it's a crossroads; depending on the internet weather in the morning, I'll go north and hit Dallas, or stay south on I-10 for two monre days of Texas. They gave me the drowned rat discount at Day's Inn and let me park the Locost in their registration shelter. I got a 6AM wake-up call so I could get some miles behind me in the morning. That ws the plan...

PostPosted: April 30, 2009, 12:12 am 

milo wrote:
JackMcCornack wrote:

Gotta be careful what you wish for, or what I wish for in this case. I got out of town a little later than planned, because someone asked me the most interesting and unexpected question I've heard this whole trip. It was...

"Is that a Donkevoort?"

Any additional Santa-shockery was frosting on the cake.

PostPosted: April 30, 2009, 12:28 am 

DALLAS TX: I hit Dallas at rush hour, rain coming down in buckets. Gee, the weather predictors had predicted the storm would stay north of here. I have some old friends nearby (Allen, TX), I looked so pitiful when I arrived that they've put me up for the night. They even gave me a carport to park under.

Of course I regret my delayed departure from Lafayette, it cost me a drenching and a rush hour through a big city, so naturally I...nah, just kidding.

PostPosted: April 30, 2009, 12:42 am 

You ready to whip it into the nearest Mazda dealership and buy a Miata? How's that inspection sticker holding up to all that squeegee action?

On the bright side you should reach the rain shadow of the rockies soon.

PostPosted: April 30, 2009, 7:06 am 
Automotive Encyclopedia

The rolling block is the price of fame Jack.

It's a small world. Donkervoort has many models; the older the model, the more traditional it looks.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next