LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 14, 2009, 3:01 pm 

I was told sometime the lotus guys run 4age engines in their cars and I am unable to finish this project with a daughter on the way. Well I have all the parts you need and they are either new or rebuilt. This engine is a stroked and turbo version of a 4age.

I will not sell anything until the bottom end sells.

If you would like me to put your name next to an item I will contact you if the bottom end sells. I will put all interested parties next to the item and the first person or highest bidder will get the item. You will have to pay for shipping or pick it up locally. I'm in AZ. If you want everything below I will sell it all for $3000 obo not including the turbo or $4000 including the turbo.

Long Block $2,500 obo – I will include the intake with the 550cc injectors. If you dont want that I will negociate. The long block comes with ported cylinder head, trd valve springs, titanium valve spring retainers, stainless steel valves, shim-less buckets and shimmed buckets (your choice), cometic head gasket, blue top cams, arp studs, eagle h-beam rods, JE Pistons new Toyota bearings, New Toyota shimmed oil pump, modified oil pan for ae86, chrome molly custom flywheel, Toyota water pump and housing, 944 timing belt, stock blue top cam gears. I have receipts that add up to way over this and the engine is completely build and brand new. Email me if you want to see the receipts at allengriffy@yahoo.com

Bottom end $1500obo - Will include oil pan, oil pump, all bearings, rods, 944 timing belt, Pistons, arp studs and 13lbs Custom Chrome Molly Flywheel that fits a 212mm disc, new water pump and housing.

Head with intake 1,000 obo - Will include Stainless steel valves, trd valve springs, shimless buckets and shimmed buckets, titanium valve spring retainer, Mildly ported, and the 550cc injectors.

After Block Sells:

TVIS Delete Plate - $120 obo – this is a modified stock plate that has had the plates removed and holes welded up.

NEW 550cc injectors and 4age fuel rail with pressure gauge A&N fittings $350 obo. Will connect to stock gt-s harness

NEW Cast HKS Manifold - $200 obo.

AEM adjustable cam gears - $200 obo.

Custom Valve Covers with TRD oil cap - $110 obo.

Blue top intake manifold w/ throttle body – Make an Offer

4age belts new from Napa – Make an Offer

Brand New Toyota A/C compressor for 4age - $300 obo.

High output alternator for higher amperage over stock blue top - $150 obo

Rebuilt P/S pump with new pulley - $100 obo.

GT28RS Disco Potato Turbo - $1,000

I have a ton of emissions stuff and other things so send me an email (allengriffy@yahoo.com) if you are looking for something specific and I'll add your name and part to the list.

The sooner I sell the block the sooner other parts become available. The buyer of the block has the first option to buy any and all associated parts for a discounted price and the turbo. Tell your friends and help me move this build.

Last edited by Allen86 on October 23, 2009, 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: October 20, 2009, 1:02 pm 

No interested parties? I'm more than willing to part it out.

PostPosted: November 6, 2009, 2:49 pm 

Bump.

PostPosted: November 6, 2009, 5:49 pm 

Have you tries floating this over at Grabber Cars? The LaBalla plans are based on the 1st gen MR2.

http://www.grabercars.com/

PostPosted: November 6, 2009, 5:55 pm 

You may have trouble selling a new engine to anyone in this group. Most people here have very low budgets, and re-use as many used parts as possible. I even bet that 1/2 of all builds that are started have an expected budget of $3000. So, to sell $3000 of engine here is not likely.

Thanks for the offer though.....

"The decision to build a car is not one reached through a rational mindset. It is a decision that is made because we have to do it! It makes no sense, but neither does love, children and taxes" -Sam Buchanan

My Build Log: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3054

PostPosted: November 9, 2009, 3:12 pm 

maxlessca wrote:
You may have trouble selling a new engine to anyone in this group. Most people here have very low budgets, and re-use as many used parts as possible. I even bet that 1/2 of all builds that are started have an expected budget of $3000. So, to sell $3000 of engine here is not likely.

Thanks for the offer though.....

Thanks Guys. Wow the people on this forum are actually helpful. I appreciate the feedback just figured I try you guys. I'm taking offers and would be more than happy to sell the whole combination for the engine and trans.