LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 5:57 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Okay -- it's been a crazy weekend, but the site is back up and running.

The good news is that all historical posts are intact. You can now posts new topics and carry on as normal.

The bad news is that anything done after noon Saturday has been lost. This includes posts, PM's, new account registrations, etc. Sorry about that.

Also, any accounts accidentally deleted Saturday morning remain deleted. Super sorry about that.

The not-as-bad-as-it-sounds news is that the deleted accounts can be reactivated. If you can't log into your old account, send an email to reactivate@locostusa.com . This email must come from the email address registered on your account, which must match your userid.

In the subject of the email, type "reactivate your_userid" replacing your_userid with your userid. For example, I would type "reactivate dhempy". After sending the reactivate email, you can register as normal here: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/ucp.php?mode=register Be sure to use the exact same email address and userid that you originally used for this account.

Usernames are CASE SENSITIVE, so be sure to register with the EXACT username you originally had!

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

[UPDATE: 6/8/2010] All reactivated accounts have now been linked back to their existing posts. If your account hasn't been re-linked (check this under "User Control Panel" -> Total Posts) then please send a PM to me, with a link to one of your old posts and I'll fix you up.

-dave "your humble overlord" hempy

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 6:04 pm 
-the man.

GOOD JOB DAVE!!!!

Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 6:06 pm 

:cheers: Thanks Dave :cheers:

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 6:07 pm 
We are Slotus!

"Thank you for your patience"
???
Who the hell said I was patient? Been pacin' the floor and cussin all weekend!!!

Just kidding, Dave... Thanks for your hard work, getting things going again as well as continuing to keep the site up and running.

JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 6:18 pm 

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 6:45 pm 

Glen wrote:
:cheers: Thanks Dave :cheers:

+ 1million!!! Dave!!

And a big thanks to ALL those running around behind the scenes keeping us infused with our daily doses of LocostUSA forum talk!!

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: May 16, 2010, 7:54 pm 

:cheers:
Nice job, thanks for your efforts. :D

PostPosted: May 17, 2010, 1:32 am 

I don't think I got reactivated correctly......

PostPosted: May 17, 2010, 9:14 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

We've still got to link up the reactivated accounts to the old posts...I hope to get that done tonight.

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

PostPosted: May 18, 2010, 1:30 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

I've got the script written to link old posts back to your reactivated user id...but, given how poorly things went this weekend when I got in a rush trying to fix things, I'm going to sleep on it, test thoroughly tomorrow evening, and will then relink your posts.

-dave "methodical" hempy

PostPosted: May 18, 2010, 1:46 am 

Good work Dave, sounds like most everything will be fixed. I'm sure the few days of lost data aren't too serious. Hopefully the relinking works well.

PostPosted: May 19, 2010, 12:17 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

bump

Post subject: Was it ever down??
PostPosted: May 20, 2010, 6:26 pm 

oldejack wrote:
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

I didn´t even notice.
Sometimes the best job done is the one you never notice except when problems arise, then we all notice that there is someone behind the curtains pulling levers to get things done.
Thanks for keeping this site up.
AA

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 7:47 pm 

What's up with the forum and pics?? it terminally hangs when I try to post anything with a pic in it.

Is this residual from the recent event?

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: May 22, 2010, 9:41 pm 
Databases fear me

not it has to do with the upload script and possibly file size