LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Locouki DRIVES!
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 12:18 am 

Locouki actually works! To see pictures of my LHD BEC click on this link http://projekt.com/locouki/
10/20/2023 My website, http://projekt.com/locouki/ is still going strong with 140,000+ visiters of Locouki.
I've been hanging out on the http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/1st-generation-honda-insight-forum/ quite a bit lately. Locouki is having a long rest in my garage while I play with my 2005 Honda Insight car which is a crazy gas miser. It can get ~75 mpg around town! At 30 mph I frequently see 110+ average mpg on the one minute updated average bar graph! The highest I've gotten was 150 mpg with a slight tail wind for over a mile. The graph was -pegged-. :-)

The secret weapon? The 5 speed manual shift car has a mode called "lean burn" which allows the engine to run at 22:1 AFR!! :shock: Try that with any other car.
6/4/2015 Hmm I haven't posted here in a long time. Just want to tell everyone that my website has it's own domain now, olrowdy.com
12/23/12 until 12/29/12 there was a big red Goggle warning that my site was an attack site. I removed the rogue code and on 12/29/12 google declared the site safe again. No damage seems to have been done while the bad code was there.
9/2/12 I've added a transmission and rear end gear ratio calculator to the site. You will have to have Excel installed on your computer to use it. I've also updated many of the articles on the site.
9/9/11 I've added a basic "How to connect up your fuel lines" article to the site and updated several files. There's also a new selection on the opening page, "Magnetically levitated pulse motor". While not automotive you might find it interesting.
12/14/10 Well we ended 2010 on a down note. My server went down for two weeks and I didn't even notice it. The good news is that it's back up and all working again. (1/3/11)
7/25/10 Added an article, "How to connect up your fuel injection pump, fuel lines etc (rather basic info)
4/7/10 Added to article, "Cure computer glitches" how to get a program to restart when computer says it's already running!
1/6/10 Added an article, a new way of "Modifying the Megasquirt" for sequential injection.
11/23/09 Added an article, "How to make a battery box.". Sounds mundane but it is necessary.
10/30/09 I'm starting to add articles (4 so far) detailing adding an Oxygen sensor & Megasquirt ECU to my car.
5/15/09 My website "Locost + Suzuki = Locouki" has moved to: 6/4/2015 Moved to http://olrowdy.com
3/26/09 I've added an article on my website, "Axle widths of cars you might find in junk yard" that might be useful to you. I've also included some links to other sites with axle widths etc.
8/7/08 New article on the website, "How to connect up your radiator". Sounds elementary (Watson) but here's how to make sure all the air gets out of your cooling system.
7/23/08 I've posted an article on my website of how/why to connect up an evaporator (charcoal) canister to your Locost. Gets rid of the gas smell after a drive.
6/21/08 I have three new articles on my website about how I corrected my CMC designed front suspension. If you have a RX-7 based CMC chassis, you will probably find these articles interesting.
5/19/08 Want to use your stock motorcycle fuel pump on your BEC? I've just posted an article on my website how I converted mine to work. I also have an article on how to title your car in Florida as a genuine Lotus Replica (complete with an Antique license tag)!
5/4/08 After a lot of computer design I've started correcting my steering geometry. The first installment is on my website. Click on "How I corrected my CMC designed steering geometry" in the links area(s).
7/11/07 Need a toe in gauge? Build your own for less than $10. See how at my website.
5/24/07 -- Car has been tagged for several weeks now. I've got about 250 miles on it. I've been updating my website almost daily so please visit it for the latest updates etc.
4/26/07 -- Would you believe it? Still waiting for state title office to get their act together! They have the paper work but are having trouble scheduling the safety inspection.
4/07/07 -- Hot off the press picture of competed car. Car is in process of getting titled and tag.
2/24/07 -- Would you believe two more months to finish car? :?
1/17/07 -- I've added pictures of some painted body parts. I'm doing the final assembly of the car now. Maybe another month to go.
10/20/06 -- I've added a short video of the 1st drive. Sounds good!

I have updated my website so the pictures are not located on the opening page. I forgot that dial up users might not want to wait for all those pictures to load.

So please try the site again. TNX

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by olrowdy_01 on October 20, 2023, 8:17 pm, edited 38 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 6:15 am 

Congratulations! Although your website isn't displaying any pictures, at least for me. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 7:38 am 

Pics do not work for me either :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 8:22 am 
It appears you have your webpage referencing files that are on your hard drive. You'll need to get them uploaded somewhere and then reference the uploaded addresses.

--JOsh

Post subject: Locouki pictures
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 9:54 am 

CR_Turboguy wrote:
It appears you have your webpage referencing files that are on your hard drive. You'll need to get them uploaded somewhere and then reference the uploaded addresses.

--JOsh

Sorry 'bout the pictures. I'm new at webpage authoring and I do have the pictures pointing to my HD. I'm trying to correct that now. :oops:

I'll put another post on here once I get the pixs showing correctly. Tnxs for your patience.

Post subject: Locouki pictures
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 10:46 am 

OK, I think I have the pictures showing now.

I also have noticed that if you're using Mozzila as the browser that some sites won't show pictures unless you have the Mozilla/IE "tab sites filter" installed. Hopefully I have it working for both browsers now.

I've got a question that someone can help me with. When I first go to this website I see the folders that have new messages taged with the different color. If I leave the site and come right back those taged colors are nulled out as if I have read all the messages. I haven't found the switch that doesn't mark all the folders as read untill I actually read them. Can someone point me to the place where I can fix that?
I've also added a brief history of Locouki.

Last edited by olrowdy_01 on August 24, 2006, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 10:58 am 

Awesone looking build. How long you been working on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 2:08 pm 

NICE pics! Good job with the build.

Post subject: Locouki
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 2:19 pm 

KENLUDE97 wrote:
NICE pics! Good job with the build.

Thank you.
Olrowdy

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 5:31 pm 

Looks great!

As far as your question about this site - its just the way it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 24, 2006, 9:43 pm 

Looking good! Glad to see another BEC around here.

Project Seven
Instagram: @RexRacer19

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25, 2006, 7:29 am 
Good to see Mark's old car being loved again. Looks good! Keep the pictures up.

--Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 25, 2006, 9:46 pm 

Is the steering shaft set-up from a dwarf car? I saw one up close and it looked similar.

Post subject: Locouki steering
PostPosted: August 25, 2006, 10:46 pm 

KingOallBeaters wrote:
Is the steering shaft set-up from a dwarf car? I saw one up close and it looked similar.

The solid steel steering column shaft and cover appear to be from the RX-7. It is encased in a collapsable cover and has solid mounts on each end. The steering column itself seems to weigh about 20+ lbs though!

From what I've been able to find out the rack/pinion is from a Kia. The links between the two are various U-joints welded to short shafts. The steering is rather slow but has a good feel [basically not to light].

I may try one of those small gear boxes that change the lock to lock turns ratio. Right now it's ~3.5 turns. The gear boxes come in 1 to 1.5 and 1 to 2 Anyone have experience using one of them? I'm leaning towards the 1 to 2 ratio.

Mark did a great job and selected good components. I feel that I'm refining/finishing what he started. Once I get the car out in the sunlight again I'll take closeup pictures for my website.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28, 2006, 5:22 pm 
YOU ARE A LUCKY MAN!!!

Great looiking build. This is what I dream about. Please upload more pictures!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next