LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 23, 2019, 11:32 am 

I know this is a long shot. Asking about electronic IC markings on a gearhead website. We come from an amazing range of backgrounds,. Maybe, just maybe, someone here can remember this better than I.

Does anyone here KNOW the suffix meaning for 1970's IC's from Solid State Scientific? Not for the std Cmos stuff. I know that. Specifically I'm looking for the the difference between an SCL5419E and an SCL5419AE. I can't seem to find this info online And my Solid State Scientific books were tossed about 35 years ago. The "E" version seems to be functionally identical to the "AE" in the circuit. It, along with a couple of new electrolytic caps, has repaired my VDO clock for my MGB. I just want to know if it is a tighter tolerance, wider input voltage or temperature range part.

I know that the "E" means epoxy DIP package. I just need to know if the "A" meaning.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: January 23, 2019, 1:31 pm 

I don't know 100%, but my best guess based on similar conventions is it's "Automotive".

Probably specified for wider temp range with lower drift due to thermal variance.

Not a lot of data on that chip, or supplier, from my usual haunts...

PostPosted: January 23, 2019, 2:53 pm 

300D50 wrote:
I don't know 100%, but my best guess based on similar conventions is it's "Automotive".

Probably specified for wider temp range with lower drift due to thermal variance.

Not a lot of data on that chip, or supplier, from my usual haunts...

No kidding about the missing info. Solid State Scientific has been sold off several times over the decades. I've searched a lot on this part/application with no results. There is a user-found sub with data sheets but nothing on this particular part. Since my replacement part also has VDO imprinted on it in what looks to be the OEM printing, I will assume that it is acceptable for automobile environment.

Thanks.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766