LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 18, 2024, 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 5, 2021, 10:09 pm 

Is it just me? Or has Amazon Prime delivery really suck as of late? I addition to extending Prime delivery dates of late, twice in the last couple of weeks, Amazon has missed their delivery dates to me.
Quote:
We’re very sorry your delivery is late. Most late packages arrive in a day. If you have not received your package by April 7, you can come back here the next day for a refund or replacement.
. They actually lost the first one and I had to reorder. I hope that is not the case on my master cylinder!

Internet orders in general seem to be much lower experiences than they were last year and before. eBay sellers and others selling defective products and making it difficult to get a full refund.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: April 5, 2021, 10:39 pm 
Mid-Engined Maniac

It's our own faults for supporting their business model.

Promise two-day delivery, but if it takes 5 days to get it into stock, the 2-day delivery gets added onto that, so you get "2-day delivery" yet it takes 7 days for you to get it.

The other really annoying thing is that you pay $$$ a year, go to watch a movie, and they want you to pay for it... what was that $$$ for again? Oh yeah, 2-day delivery, that sometimes takes a week to get to you.

I've dropped out then gone back a couple times, so I'm on the fence about them.

PostPosted: April 6, 2021, 10:20 am 

I'd say 90% of the Prime stuff I order comes on time. Occasionally, there's a delay, but not often.

I'm more upset about the USPS. I ordered a part from Wisconsin. The vendor shipped it (they e-mailed me a copy of the receipt) and it NEVER showed up. They have since refunded my purchase. I'm sure that didn't make them too happy. They lost the sale (I bought locally instead), a part out of inventory, and PAID the USPS to lose it.

I sent my 2020 tax documentation to the man who does our taxes Priority Mail through USPS. It was supposed to take 3 days. He got it 8 days later. I sweated bullets over that one.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: April 6, 2021, 10:21 am 

We're still having good results as long as the thing we buy is showing as in stock. We've had quite a few things show up in under 24 hours. It sort of feels like being in a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: April 6, 2021, 11:01 am 

USPS has been problematic for a long time! Back in the early 70s, I ran the mail desk for an auto accessory business, and the P.O. was a problem back then. I would always try to send merchandise via UPS, if possible. The P.O. was the carrier of last resort. More recently, I ordered some DVDs from an outfit in Oklahoma city (I live in So. central MO). You would think that a 3 day delivery in a radius of 300 miles wouldn't be a problem... WRONG!!! I had it shipped "Priority" so it had delivery tracking. I placed my order in the evening, and the next morning it had been picked up and was at the OKC facility. Five days later it was still in OKC! On the 6th day it was finally on the road to the Springfield, MO distribution hub. It sat there for two days! It finally arrived at the Gainesville P.O. on a Monday morning. I received it the following Wednesday afternoon! :shock:

PostPosted: April 6, 2021, 7:35 pm 

Amazon was already growing at a rapid pace. The pandemic has driven the demand even larger and the local delivery infrastructure cant handle it.

PostPosted: April 6, 2021, 8:39 pm 

Hey, I get things are tough. But somewhere within Amazon's logistics, they know what load they have to deliver on a given day. They shouldn't say we'll deliver in 3 days when they know it will be 4, or 5days, or never. I expect that if a truck had a breakdown they could explain that to a customer waiting for that delivery on that 3rd day.

Didn't they used to have a program where if it was delivered later than scheduled, there was some sort of gift added to the customer's account, like a $1 digital credit?

On a brighter note, I did get my delivery today.

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: April 6, 2021, 10:41 pm 

You are 100% correct in that regard. I understand your frustrations. Wonder if an algorithm or a person is responsible. Not sure about the gift. Either way, glad you got your package.

rx7locost wrote:
Hey, I get things are tough. But somewhere within Amazon's logistics, they know what load they have to deliver on a given day. They shouldn't say we'll deliver in 3 days when they know it will be 4, or 5days, or never. I expect that if a truck had a breakdown they could explain that to a customer waiting for that delivery on that 3rd day.

Didn't they used to have a program where if it was delivered later than scheduled, there was some sort of gift added to the customer's account, like a $1 digital credit?

On a brighter note, I did get my delivery today.

PostPosted: April 7, 2021, 4:27 am 

I used USPS whenever possible. Cost effective and good service. Or was until it became a political football. Sucks now.

However Bezos business practices prohibit me from buying anything from Amazon. I know. That's really hurting their bottom line. But I feel better.

Aas for UPS there is way to many 'porch pirates' running around and the drivers, at least on our route, don't ring the door bell so your package can sit for a while.

Our Postman will bring a package that won't fit in the box to the door. And he rings.

Got a package coming tomorrow. UPS from NAPA. Will see how it goes.

PostPosted: April 7, 2021, 9:51 am 

Amazon shipping is nothing short of amazing, you can order an amazing array of stuff and the vast majority arrives in two days for free. I have no idea what you guys are moaning about. A lot of the car companies have put there parts number on the system, so I can just type in a Honda part number and it arrives in 2 day. If you don't like it don't use it, its very simple. You whine yet you still use it!

Graham

PostPosted: April 7, 2021, 11:39 am 

Graham, I agree that "most of the time" things come as expected. Their offerings are wide and most of the time, the best price/service balance. But when I decide to choose Amazon for that promised 2day (or three or four) and the part seems to get lost in their system, they say wait 2 more days to see if it shows up then I can reorder or ask for a refund. Why not now? In the meantime, I have to push my planned work out for who-knows-how-long. It just seems to be happening more often. WTF? Amazon is supposed to be the ultimate example of efficiency. When I need or want the faster delivery, I do usually order from Amazon. Other times I can get the same part for less money with the same satisfaction guaranty elsewhere.

Last year I bought my Vintage Air system from them. The model numbers included a part that I intentionally wanted and paid up for. When received the package, that part was not included. I then specifically asked for a return due to the missing part. They accepted a return and reshipped a 2nd time and again it is missing. So again I called. I explained that their model numbers listed imply it is included. They said they would forward the complaint to the appropriate dept. It delayed my work twice. Although Amazon had a good price and the delivery was very good, it was misleading. I bought the A?C unit and control panel from another vendor at a slightly higher price. I do not reward ineptitude. Today, the same Amazon offering shows the same missing part's number in their listed model numbers!

See today's Amazon listing. The 49110SHQ control panel is not included.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: April 12, 2021, 5:29 am 

FastG wrote:
Amazon shipping is nothing short of amazing, you can order an amazing array of stuff and the vast majority arrives in two days for free. I have no idea what you guys are moaning about. A lot of the car companies have put there parts number on the system, so I can just type in a Honda part number and it arrives in 2 day. If you don't like it don't use it, its very simple. You whine yet you still use it!

Graham

In general, I have always been happy with Amazon.
I have had to return things but they have always been efficient.

PostPosted: May 1, 2021, 12:45 pm 

Yet one more late delivery this week! :BH:

My next complaint is that I went to order wheel seals that said on the page they were to be delivered on Monday. So I decided to take one more leap of faith and put them in my cart. That is when I saw the delivery was May 5th-May20th.

Pay attention when you checkout on Amazon guys !

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 3, 2021, 12:39 pm 
Always Moore!

I've mostly given up on Amazon for automotive stuff. Between the lack of quality control on the actual product and the lack of oversight on the listings, it is easier to go elsewhere. There is also plenty of "free" shipping where the item is $5-10 more than retail - buyer beware.

I haven't had this personally happen to me yet but I've heard second hand that companies are starting to no longer honor warranties on items bought through Amazon since there is no way to verify the seller is a licensed dealer. It is enough to make me think twice when buying higher priced items.

PostPosted: May 3, 2021, 11:06 pm 

Not shown in the pictures I posted:

Ships from Amazon.com
Sold by Amazon.com.

Not like it was being sold via a 3rd party seller and shipped by Amazon or shipped via that 3rd party. Regardless, I expect Amazon to do better in their own sales. They lost that sale to RockAuto. I bought 2 sets. One for my '79 and one for the '69 GT.

I don't expect much from any warranty on low buck items. The cost of shipping returns from other sites sometimes overweighs the cost of the item being returned.