LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 24, 2024, 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 4, 2020, 5:08 pm 

I have been kicking around the idea of starting work on the Duxbury Hodgepodge Sequel http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15956 again. Rather than having it as a track only car, I thought it would be crazy fun to have it as a street car. It is a sports racer body. If anyone got this done in Massachusetts, I really want to talk to them. If someone has gotten it done elsewhere and has advise, please chime in. I am getting excited about doing this, but want to make sure it is possible.

PostPosted: November 5, 2020, 1:29 am 

It's no sweat in Oregon, providing you have all the receipts for the parts you use. Will an Oregon title and registration transfer easily to Massachusetts? It's a long drive, but it's one option.

PostPosted: November 5, 2020, 10:03 am 

Hey Jack,
That is a long drive! ...and thanks for chiming in. I hope that something that drastic wont be necessary. The title will transfer as that is what I did with my Seven bringing it in from NH as I was able to use my son's address. The registration/inspection part would have been a problem if it had not been titled as a pre 1973 vehicle. MA is a pain on this issue.
anybody else?
Paul

PostPosted: November 5, 2020, 8:31 pm 

It was surprisingly easy to get a VIN here. Your son (and family) still living in Washington state?

PostPosted: November 6, 2020, 2:25 am 

In Nevada I have been told by DMV that a bike engine car cannot be titled or registered.
Which seems odd as we used to have a company at Lake Tahoe which produced MC powered T-Bucket's.
Since we have no annual SMOG or other inspections in most counties the out is to either begin with a production car or switch engines after the title has been issued.
By the way, no one at DMV has ever been able to show me the statute forbidding MC power.

This potential hassle is one reason I decided to go with Suzuki 1.0 and 1.3 car engines rather than the FJR1300 bike engine.

PostPosted: November 6, 2020, 9:57 am 

benny_toe wrote:
It was surprisingly easy to get a VIN here. Your son (and family) still living in Washington state?

Yup! Going to have Thanksgiving with them in St John. I assume however that I would have to drag it out there though...no?
Thats just as far as Jack's solution!