LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 25, 2024, 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 26, 2020, 5:20 pm 

mainlandboy wrote:
Hi Tim,

I fully understand your desire to build a car as daily-driver-able as possible. I built a Locost years ago and although it was fun to go on weekend drives in the summer, the open cockpit and tight seating made it not feasible to use as a daily driver. I realized that you get limited enjoyment out of a car that you can only use sporadically, and I ended up selling it. That is why I have started designing my own version of a Midlana type car, but with a greater emphasis on daily driving usability. Further details about this are on the "Design Guidelines" and "Optional Extras" pages on my website:

https://midixsportscar.wordpress.com/

Maybe this will give you a few ideas to think about.

thanks a lot. i will look at it right now.

PostPosted: August 27, 2020, 10:31 am 

mainlandboy wrote:
Hi Tim,

I fully understand your desire to build a car as daily-driver-able as possible. I built a Locost years ago and although it was fun to go on weekend drives in the summer, the open cockpit and tight seating made it not feasible to use as a daily driver. I realized that you get limited enjoyment out of a car that you can only use sporadically, and I ended up selling it. That is why I have started designing my own version of a Midlana type car, but with a greater emphasis on daily driving usability. Further details about this are on the "Design Guidelines" and "Optional Extras" pages on my website:

https://midixsportscar.wordpress.com/

Maybe this will give you a few ideas to think about.

I am in the similar place, I want a Locost. But I live in the Pacific North Wet and I can't give up garage space for a car I can only drive in fair weather.

I am torn between a Locost or my Dream AutoX Weapon, a 67 Volvo 122 Estate Project with a set back dry sumped 3.0L DOHC V6 Turbo tube chassis & Wide Body which will relegate me to the Emod class where I will be over weight and out classed, but dry.