LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 27, 2024, 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CCT
PostPosted: February 13, 2007, 5:02 pm 

This may be coming to this side of the Atlantic - Miata based Locost designed to accommodate us "wider-body" North Americans.

Have a look, I'd love to hear some feed back. Also turn up your speakers . . . .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XCnA_5uIrlM

Post subject: Comments?
PostPosted: February 15, 2007, 2:17 pm 

Any comments or feedback on the vehicle? I am interested to know as I am considering importing this vehicle into the US.

Thanks for your time and interest.

NW7wtb

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15, 2007, 5:27 pm 

Well it looks nice. That's not a Miata rear end pictured in video FWIW.

If the price is right, go for it, but with Westfield and other established kit makers producing Miata based kits it is a crowded market. You hinted that this one might be wider or roomier than the others which might help you sell some of them. I couldn't tell much about it from the video.

I need a Tylenol after watching that crappy camerawork in that video, that was torture.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15, 2007, 6:26 pm 
spindlefied

chetcpo wrote:
I need a Tylenol after watching that crappy camerawork in that video, that was torture.

I gotta agree. And the music really wasn't my cup of tea....

Scratch built book frame with an 83 Celica donor 22RE. SHE'S A ROLLER!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15, 2007, 7:20 pm 

I love that song.... can't beat some old school Motley Crue. One of my favorite songs of all time, right up there with Pantera F'ing Hostile and Cemetery Gates. Makes me want to drive fast...

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15, 2007, 11:19 pm 

Motley Crue makes me feel like I'm in a strip club. :leave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 15, 2007, 11:58 pm 

chetcpo wrote:
Well it looks nice. That's not a Miata rear end pictured in video FWIW.

And how did they get the exhaust to come out the right side? I sus this vid isn't the Miata version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16, 2007, 1:58 am 
And it didnt look too impresive speed wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16, 2007, 10:05 am 
Is it me or does it look like it has massive amounts of negative camber in the beginning of the video?

--JOsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17, 2007, 12:16 pm 

I do like the bodywork. Looks like it's mostly fiberglass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 17, 2007, 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Motley Crue makes me feel like I'm in a strip club.

I wouldn't know about that since I've never been to a strip club....

I agree though that the vid and the description doesn't really match. I really think trying to import another "kit" from the UK might be a bit of a losing battle. If you are going to design it to work with Miata parts, have the steering wheel on the left side and use our engines, then just buy a kit made for that already. There are already a few to choose from.

PostPosted: February 19, 2007, 5:05 am 

hello every one thank you for the comments about my little video that i made
the video was made a few years ago just as a bit of fun with my son filming so thats why its a bit shakie he was 12 at the time
the car in the picture was a prototype which was based up a ford sierra not a miata i have a load of video of the miata kit but i have not finished editing it yet
the comment about the front wheels not looking right (well spotted) yep they where miles out i forgot to set the frontend up after a rebuild soon put it right after the first corner
the comment about the car not looking fast i will agree but i tell you it is not slow that car was only running 120 bhp and still pulling 130mph down the back straight at snetterton race track think it has something to do that the car only weights 540 kgs

joe

cctkitcars

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 19, 2007, 5:55 am 
http://www.cctkitcars.co.uk/index.asp

PostPosted: February 19, 2007, 10:43 am 

cctkitcars wrote:
hello every one thank you for the comments about my little video that i made
the video was made a few years ago just as a bit of fun with my son filming so thats why its a bit shakie he was 12 at the time
the car in the picture was a prototype which was based up a ford sierra not a miata i have a load of video of the miata kit but i have not finished editing it yet
the comment about the front wheels not looking right (well spotted) yep they where miles out i forgot to set the frontend up after a rebuild soon put it right after the first corner
the comment about the car not looking fast i will agree but i tell you it is not slow that car was only running 120 bhp and still pulling 130mph down the back straight at snetterton race track think it has something to do that the car only weights 540 kgs

joe

cctkitcars

Welcome the forums. Sorry for being so hard on the camera man, I had no idea it was your son. :oops:

Great looking car btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 19, 2007, 7:52 pm 

Motly Crue comments aside (I stick to the classics myself - Zepplin and AC/DC) I do appreciate everyone taking the time and commenting. what CCT and I (as the potential importer) are trying to accomplish is create a simple to build kit based on Miata (MX5) components. We hope to make it as eassy as removing the part from the Miata and bolting it on the CCT.

Currently the kit will feature a chassis and body that are bigger than the "book" frame, more in line with McSorely's +4-4-2 design. In short, it can accommodate use wide body Americans. The chassis will be complete with no additional welding. The body is fiberglass.

We listened to comments under the "What do YOU want in a kit?" post in the "Building a kit car" index. A wiring loom will be available - simple as install and plug in the components - no complex wiring. We are also working on a roll cage similar to the one suggested by Locostv8 with teh goal of SCCA compliant for autocross, hillclimb and possibly racing. And yes there will be a windshield!

I've never been involved with something along these lines, but have been dreaming/planning my own "7" for about a year. My objective is simple - to help create and distribute a simple and easy to construct Locost. By simple, I consider myself somewhat mechanically "declined" so if I can build one - anyone can!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to post. I'm working on the company paperwork now and will be providing an e-mail address soon.

Again, thanks for your comments.