LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Welcome to The Builders Logs. This area is for showing your current build/your completed car. Please only create a thread if you are currently building a car/showing off a finished project. Please do not create any other topics in this forum; any other subject should be posted in the correct forum. Please also only create one thread per user per project.

PostPosted: June 22, 2013, 12:05 pm 

Quote:
Had huge fun at Chicago Region autocross on Father's Day. The youtube vids are attached.

Mark, great to see the car is out and about. Looks a little on the pushy side, do you know what your suspension frequencies are?

Jeff

PostPosted: June 22, 2013, 2:55 pm 

Is pushy. Good eye. Frequencies..no. Not a enough tire...definitely not enough. Only running old hard 7" wides on front.

Link to my build log:
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3356

PostPosted: August 12, 2013, 5:16 pm 

Had fun on old concrete at Peru, IN for the first time. Lot of work to do to get the car up to national level but I have an idea on what is next in order.
See the vid: http://youtu.be/OJU4L-Mgyeg

1. driver development
2. real tires
3. driver development
4. review wheel rates and frequencies (much softer springs in the front, this I know)
5. driver development
6. softer springs will require sway bars
7. driver development
8. revise front suspension & brakes (less is more)
9. driver development
10. 100 more HP
11. Become Jeff Cashmore

Link to my build log:

PostPosted: August 12, 2013, 10:10 pm 
Always Moore!

I'd do #2 first. It will be a huge step in the right direction.

PS - that course looks like a blast. Great driving.

PostPosted: August 15, 2013, 1:27 pm 

If you are getting bogged down on your build, finish it. It is worth it!!

Link to my build log:

PostPosted: September 4, 2013, 9:07 pm 

More Fun at Grattan, MI raceway Labor Day. Did I say I love driving this car? Yes I do.

Link to my build log:

PostPosted: September 6, 2013, 7:25 am 

locofinn wrote:
More Fun at Grattan, MI raceway Labor Day. Did I say I love driving this car? Yes I do.

Graten is a blast, it's one of those old-school tracks that I really enjoy. They tend to have the kind of flow and rhythm that doesn't seem to be allowed any more in the world of modern, "decreasing radius, safety focused, Tilke-esque" tracks that have been popping up lately. So many of them feel technical, but ultimately lacking in soul.

It looks like you had a great time!

PostPosted: September 6, 2013, 10:20 am 

That is a beautiful 7. Great color combo. Intrestering way to do the rear fenders. I like it!! How does that rear spoiler work out for you? Can we get some more pics of the back? I want to see how those rear fenders are done.

Comparing your times at auto-x, what if any other cars are able to keep up with you?

PostPosted: September 6, 2013, 10:28 am 

Pics of the rear end. The fenders will likely change due to possible protest at SCCA events as not conforming to original bodywork concept for D Mod class. If that happens, I will likely increase the size of the spoiler. I am allowed 10" with larger end plates.

Link to my build log:

PostPosted: September 6, 2013, 4:21 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
The fenders will likely change due to possible protest at SCCA events as not conforming to original bodywork

Yo Locofinn!
Yeah, I see your point, they're kinda not like a Se7en... But, I don't think you're the first one to build them that shape, are you? Seems like I've seen that look on other Solo2 Se7en clones... Haven't I? Either way, I'd drive it that way until they protest ya!

Car looks GREAT, Bro!
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 22, 2013, 10:22 pm 

Can't believe I seen this. I daily drive a ford fiesta and a guy on fiestafaction.com went to an auto x and took a picture of your car. Small world huh?

PostPosted: November 23, 2013, 10:18 am 

Briggs wrote:
Can't believe I seen this. I daily drive a ford fiesta and a guy on fiestafaction.com went to an auto x and took a picture of your car. Small world huh?

The pic was at a South Bend SCCA Region Solo at The Tire Rack HQ and test facility. Great facility. I hope to travel more in 2014. I have a plan for the off season on some tweaks to make it faster and stick even better. I might go to SCCA Nationals in Lincoln also.

Link to my build log:

PostPosted: November 23, 2013, 11:37 am 
We are Slotus!

Hey Loco-
Why doncha come down South in a couple weeks, and run Allies -vs- Axis with us???
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/E10BEAA8-0408-B818-6B2091E5EAAC0B6D#.UpCelcSkoj6
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 23, 2013, 9:25 pm 

South sounds good right now. We have about 2 degF wind chill right now. Someday I will make the trip and look up my Southern Bros.

Link to my build log:

PostPosted: February 6, 2014, 5:45 pm 

Got a little PR from the good folks at Canton Racing Products. Should be in an upcoming issue of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine or SportCar magazine. Nice folks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Link to my build log:

Last edited by locofinn on December 6, 2014, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.