LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: November 15, 2019, 10:27 am 

GonzoRacer wrote:
So does calling them "Shoes" or "Sneakers" help to keep the ever-lovin' Wifey from finding out you bought tires?

Have yet to find a the perfect partner in crime, but when that happens, I hope so... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 15, 2019, 10:52 am 

So glad the site was recovered (except for the photos). Kind of like loosing your memory.

We have a dear friend that has really progressed with a level of dementia that is very scary for us older folks. We took her to dinner and a symphony concert recently, she seemed to float in and out of the remembrance that we had moved for the Mid West to Boston over 2 yrs ago. Kept asking "where are you staying tonite?" Then would remember that we had just been at our new house for her to see.

"of all the things I've lost, my mind is what i miss....... What was I saying?" Where is the number for the clinic in Sweden and my one way ticket? Not sure I want to go down that road of memory loss.

Sorry, becoming a Debbie downer!

Thom

PostPosted: November 22, 2019, 10:37 am 
We are Slotus!

Yo Team Slotus!
Where were we? Wasn't there a car involved? OK, I should explain my absence... I was busy cussin' the DogA$$ Slotus. Seems the starter up and died, with the car in the damned trailer!!! Arrrrgh!

I needed to unload the beast, move it into the shop and take the wheels/tires off so Earl could mount the new tires. I could use the winch to roll the car out of the trailer, but then with no power steering, moving it around in little circles to get it into the shop was more than I wanted to tackle.

Soooo... We replaced the starter with the car on the ramp of the trailer sitting outside. It was only slightly more awkward than trying to deliver a baby moose in a phone booth. (Refer back to the "Cussin" reference above.) But I got it fixed and moved it into the shop. Earl has the two rear tires at work, and hopefully will return them today with new rubber attached. The fronts are awaiting transport to his shop for similar treatment.

And our big "Allies vs Axis" autocross is the Sunday after Thanksgiving, so we'll see how things go with the new tires.

Peace, Love and "Big Rubber"-
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 22, 2019, 7:17 pm 

Hey, JD
Wahoo, fresh tires and great big downforce devices. We're expecting a great contribution to the Allies from the Slotus. Don't forget to charge the GoPro battery. :roll:
Ron

PostPosted: November 25, 2019, 10:03 am 
We are Slotus!

seven13bt wrote:
Wahoo, fresh tires and great big downforce devices. We're expecting a great contribution to the Allies from the Slotus. Don't forget to charge the GoPro battery.
Good mornin' Ron!

Thanks for the encouragement, Sir! How-some-ever, I halted work on the Wang so I could pull the car into the shop and remove wheels and tires. Then I halted moving the car into the shop, or rather the CAR halted moving the car into the shop, because it wouldn't frakking start, so I'm off schedule. But after the whole "starter change in the yard" episode, we're back in bizness. New tires are a "Go" for Sunday.

The Wang, not so much. I still need to fabricate and install the mounting hardware and get the Wang on the car. I'm a little bit disappointed, but I can see how much improvement the tires make and then again when I add the downforce. "One variable at a time", as my old Physics 201 instructor was fond of saying.

And, in other news, I lost the damned Go-Pro a couple of months ago, can't find it anywhere. Searched the RV, the trailer, the bedroom (Hey! Don't judge!) and can't locate the little barstard.

And Happy Team Slotus Thanksgiving to all of y'all reading this!

Peace, Love and "Oyster Dressing"-
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 25, 2019, 4:07 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
And, in other news, I lost the damned Go-Pro a couple of months ago, can't find it anywhere. Searched the bedroom, the bedroom again, the bedroom once yet again (Hey! Don't judge!) and can't locate the little barstard.

There I fixed that sentence for ya.

Hey I know! Maybe it's in the motorhome bedroom! :lol:

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: November 25, 2019, 5:54 pm 
We are Slotus!

horchoha wrote:
And, in other news, I lost the damned Go-Pro a couple of months ago, can't find it anywhere. Searched the RV bedroom, the bedroom, the bedroom again, and that quiet stall waaa-aay in the back at the livestock auction. (Hey! Don't judge!) and can't locate the little barstard.
There, I fixed it again, more better-er, before anybody else could do it! :rofl:

:cheers:
JDK

PostPosted: November 25, 2019, 8:59 pm 

I don't remember the last time I was so nervous about a comment "GoPro & Bedroom" in one sentence. Does in work in "slow-mo" JD? :mrgreen:

Thom

PostPosted: November 26, 2019, 9:20 am 
We are Slotus!

BostonWill wrote:
I don't remember the last time I was so nervous about a comment "GoPro & Bedroom" in one sentence. Does in work in "slow-mo" JD? :mrgreen:
Slo-Mo? Nope, not the camera... ME? Well, yeah, these last few years, seems like I do... :ack:

PostPosted: November 26, 2019, 4:34 pm 

Yup, I hear you loud and clear JD

On a lighter note, when I was a working feller, my fellow workers told me a story about this single older woman in their town who liked to sample the menfolks wares. Apparently her favorite saying was "If you do it slow, I'll let you do it again". :rofl:

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: November 26, 2019, 7:03 pm 

At my age, what I used to do all night, now takes me all night to do!

Thom

PostPosted: November 27, 2019, 9:07 am 
We are Slotus!

BostonWill wrote:
At my age, what I used to do all night, now takes me all night to do!

No further comment... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 30, 2019, 4:33 pm 

So last night I drove to my in-laws place to drop the kids off for the weekend, and drove past a sign on the highway for a donkey refuge, and they do tours. So naturally I thought of JD, and had to post it here. So there you go JD, if you're ever in my area, we've got something for everyone around here. Happy Thanksgiving!
Kristian

PostPosted: December 1, 2019, 8:31 pm 
Toyotaphobe

Maybe that's where he lost the Go Pro.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: December 2, 2019, 10:29 am 
We are Slotus!

turbo_bird wrote:
So last night I drove to my in-laws place to drop the kids off for the weekend, and drove past a sign on the highway for a donkey refuge, and they do tours. So naturally I thought of JD, and had to post it here. So there you go JD, if you're ever in my area, we've got something for everyone around here. Happy Thanksgiving!
Hi Kristian!
Hey, thanks for thinking of me - Even if it was because of a donkey refuge... :rofl: If I ever get to Kamloops, I would definitely want to do that tour! Actually, I think you should take the kids there first chance you get, don't wait on me, OK? It'll be good for their cultural enlightenment. Or something... Just don't go if it's raining. Wet donkey... Ugh... :mrgreen:

carguy123 wrote:
Maybe that's where he lost the Go Pro.
Nope, never been to Canada... And I done checked the local livestock auction. :mrgreen: Hmmm... I bet Canadian goats/donkeys/etc are waaa-aaay more polite than 'Merican ones. Maybe I should visit soon.

I think this string of posts is a tribute to the members of this forum and followers of Team Slotus. I went to an autocross yesterday. The car performed flawlessly, I made all 6 runs and so did the HamDip driving my car. The new tires gave us a lot of grip, even in the wet conditions we had to compete in. It was not exactly a definitive test, like I said, "wet" conditions. Rained during our morning runs, stopped (mostly) for the afternoon but the surface was still damp to wet. In spite of that, I could tell the grip was much, much better.

It was the 32nd annual "Allies vs Axis" autocross in honor of Pearl Harbor and we took up donations for the local homeless shelter. The Allies won again. Undefeated after 32 years! And we got a lot of "stuff" to send to the shelter. (Mostly toilet paper, like they asked for, as well as cash.)

So what do we talk about after that racing event? Donkeys, of course! I love this group! :mrgreen:

Peace, Love and "HeeHaw!"
JDK

PS-

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302 ... 316  Next