LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 6:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 316  Next
PostPosted: October 7, 2019, 12:45 am 
The voice of reason

There's a thing people do to join the top and bottom surfaces together for the last inch or so at the trailing edge.

For a spar maybe a nice ( whatever the best grade at Home Depot gets you ) pine board 5/4 or 1" actual thickness. Cut it to the right height the wing skin will add a flange to it and it should be strong enough to hold your weight and some. Won't weigh much, will bond to the foam and the skin and you can probably use lag screws to mount your wing? :rofl:

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 11:51 am 

Haa, they edited all your wang pictures, family friendly site and all....

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 12:40 pm 
We are Slotus!

Trochu wrote:
Haa, they edited all your wang pictures, family friendly site and all....
Seems like the entire forum just reset back to October 6th. Now all the drivel I've written since then is lost, just like the drivel I wrote during those lost two years from the last crash. Dammit... :cry:

So, for all of you that missed it, here's a picture of an old fat guy sitting on his huge wang--
Attachment:
11 13 19 Sittin on My Wang.jpg

Peace, Love and "Family Forum My [Donkey]" --
JDK

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 12:54 pm 

Quote:
an old fat guy sitting on his huge wang--

Sounds painful! Sorta like waking up and finding 99 percent of the "active topics" gone!
:BH:

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 1:04 pm 
We are Slotus!

ngpmike wrote:
Sounds painful! Sorta like waking up and finding 99 percent of the "active topics" gone!
After looking at things a bit more, it seems the formerly "Lost" sections have been restored, and only the posts since the crash are gone now. We were warned that it could happen that way. Losing a little bit (since about Oct 6) is better than losing the two years or so that had been missing.

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 1:06 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Losing a little bit (since about Oct 6) is better than losing the two years or so that had been missing.

JDK

I would completely agree.

Last edited by Trochu on November 14, 2019, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 1:18 pm 

I would completely agree.[/quote]

OK, Guys, I stand corrected! Let me say "Sorta like waking up and finding 'a big chunk' of the "active topics" gone!"

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 3:28 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
o, for all of you that missed it, here's a picture of an old fat guy sitting on his huge wang--
Attachment:

Being a peace keeping Canuk, I am already apologizing for the following pic, hate to burst your bubble JD but that ship (wang) has sailed before.
Now I'll go back in my corner............

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 3:36 pm 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Perry!
The way I see it, it took allllll o' them little guys to test that wing, but only one of me! :rofl:

Now get back to work on Lonnie's Locost! :mrgreen:

JDK

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 4:44 pm 
We are Slotus!

So, Team Slotus has a long tradition of "Car Parts in the House"... Which is a testament to TWWTFM's good nature. When the new tires arrived a few days ago, James said to keep them in a reasonably warm place, not out in the unheated garage. We're having what is considered a "cold snap" here at the Center of the Universe, with lows in the mid-thirties over nite. I know, Perry, those temps would be a "spring day" up there in Holden, Alberta, but it's cold to us Flora-didians!

So, I put them in the foyer, just off our dining room. Like so:
Attachment:
11 14 19 New Tires.jpg
That's the tires, in their boxes, spreading that "new tire smell" across the dining room. Ahhhh.... Ain't life grand!?!?!? :mrgreen:

The "reboot" of the forum lost my earlier post, but I am wondering how long it will take this bunch to go from "Wang" to "New Rubber(s)" to "Straight into the Gutter"... :twisted:

JDK

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 5:34 pm 

I personally call them "New Shoes" or "Sets of sneakers", so no "new rubber" jokes on this end!

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 5:41 pm 

GonzoRacer wrote:
Yo, Perry!
The way I see it, it took allllll o' them little guys to test that wing, but only one of me! :rofl:

Now get back to work on Lonnie's Locost! :mrgreen:

JDK

Some of them little guys aren't guys. Time to get your eyes checked JD? Just sayin'

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 5:45 pm 
We are Slotus!

By Golly, you're right, Chuck! Some of those people were female women type persons... What was that eye-doctor's number again?

JDK

PostPosted: November 14, 2019, 7:31 pm 

Wow. I never received any tires in boxes; all mine come banded together in pairs...

Due to a slight mix-up, one set of four wound up delivered to my work address. I returned to my cubicle one afternoon to find it mostly full of tires. On the third floor...

PostPosted: November 15, 2019, 10:16 am 
We are Slotus!

300D50 wrote:
I personally call them "New Shoes" or "Sets of sneakers", so no "new rubber" jokes on this end!
So does calling them "Shoes" or "Sneakers" help to keep the ever-lovin' Wifey from finding out you bought tires? Lemme know, I may want to use that one... :mrgreen:

@TRX- The boxes were a first for me as well. Like you said, two tires banded together sometimes with shrink wrap around them. Guess they had some extra boxes? But, it's OK. We just had our first cold spell of the year, and the cardboard is good for starting fires in the wood stove!

Peace, Love and Wood-Burning-
JDK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 316  Next